Reviews for Doomsman's Herald
Drachenreiter1 chapter 4 . 10/12
Very interesting story! I hope that you have not abandoned it (despite it having been several years since the last update) and await any update anxiously.
Illucia chapter 4 . 10/9
I think I wouldve preferred knowing this was more a crossover with Silmarillion than Lotr. This was probably best Ive read but overall Silmarillion is too dry, filled with names and large scale events that have little to do with the day to day miracles. It always make the stories little detached.
DeiStarr chapter 4 . 10/4
This is magnificent!

It saddens me greatly that it has not been continued for over three and a half years, though, because that indicates that you have abandoned it. Please say that is not the case?
Aryax chapter 4 . 6/1
I adore this story, it's probably amongst the most coherent crosses I've seen with LotR/HP... but what makes me love it is your narrative, and the imagery you invoque. A particular favorite is this last chapter. Thank you for it!
Virodeil chapter 4 . 5/21
This was... marvellous. You even got Namo's name and history right. :) Fics like this are rare. Fics like this exploring 'unappetising' events are even rarer. I supposed, in that last vision, you were refering to the Battle of Dorgolad, about Oropher's people cut away from the others and slaughtered in what's going to be the Dead Marshes? It's nice, if many, many people can be saved... Lovelier, if Numenor isn't sunk and the Faithful are still reigning over there. So many people lost, just because of the greed of a king and the poison of a fallen Maia.

Please continue this? I love this. It's a rare gem. :) I look forward for more.

Ebenbild chapter 4 . 4/1
Do you still plan to update this story? I think that it's interesting and I would like to know more.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 4 . 2/7
Nice. Master of Death, how exactly are you related to Fate?
And what are your abilities? Magic as usual, or quite different? Will be neat to see you dance here.
What's the timeline? Is Thorin alive? Is Smaug alive? I quite like The Hobbit.
Thank you. Good day, good night, and good luck.
kdm13 chapter 4 . 1/8
I am very behind on my fanfiction reading, or I would read this sooner. Kinda wish I had. I may have only gotten around to reading The Hobbit, but did enjoy this. It's nice that you explain things at least a bit so people who haven't gotten around to reading all the things can understand.
this is very promising... any intention on writing more to this?
Amu4ever chapter 4 . 1/2
Hmm...I hope you let Harry act a bit more from now on and not just...describe his surroundings. It's nice once in a while of course, but it tends to let people skip a lot. Long description turn to "blah blah" when the content could be described in way less words.

But I am curiosu how it will go on. It seems like Harry is about to do something. I wonder how it will turn out.

(If this is not discontinued?)
Amu4ever chapter 3 . 1/2
I kind of imagined an elevater when I read this. The humming seemed like elevator music between living and living again :)
Amu4ever chapter 2 . 1/2
I like your last sentence for this chapter. It's very philosophical...(Hope you write it like that
Amu4ever chapter 1 . 1/2
Poor Harry, he really deserves a break...
murgel chapter 4 . 12/16/2015
Excellent start and a most brilliant prologue. Now I wait for the story.
I liked the most that Harry kept his children's book flair of the hero who does the right thing. Sure that is rare but there are still people out there who do the right thing because it is just that.
Such a character should be the example for all of us.
Heckno chapter 2 . 12/6/2015
This is very confusing. If Harry's choice doesn't impact the existance of his friends and family in the far flung future of what is seemingly the same Earth, then it implies that there is some extinction-level-event for the humans, etc. that he's saving with his choice regardless. Given that their conversation just thoroughly emphasized the mortality of humanity and its transience, then why the heck should Harry give a damn about these humans (and whatever else) born in the far past? It's like if I had the ability to instantly teleport on top of a grenade in some far flung conflict and save some contemporaries of mine who I don't know and who don't know me. I'm sorry, but I am not that selfless. It's altruism to a stupid degree, especially if I've got a god-like entity telling me that the lives I saved have next to no impact in the long forward span of time. No. This is ridiculous. There is no true altruism. The only way Harry should be making this choice is if he got some recognition and/or self-gratification from it, which is not the case here. This is disappointing.