Reviews for Palingenesis
Romance on Express chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
This is what I've been waiting for. Something plausible to explain the Thief King and Bakura. Most people assume they're one in the same, but you've bloody nailed it. Chocolatey-fudge-coated-super-nailed it
AnnaMNR chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This was really good!
Shadowclanwarrior chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Very well written. Awesome one shot.
mapplepie chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Forget about me not being fond of this shipping. I think I feel in love with this fic.

The descriptions are delicious :) The image your words built into my mind is chilling, and it worked well giving this fic the feeling of suspense (cuz I swear my heart was beating hard)

I think my favourite part was the idea of Bakura's tan skin slowly whitening as his soul was being sucked out.
nihao.muse chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
This fic is so full of dark emotion. The continual references to blood, the motif of shadows, and the two similar personalities fighting with cruel words all worked well together. And this line- "His soul and eternal damnation were small prices to pay if it meant that he could drag the Pharaoh down with him.- that's a very accurate description of the Thief King.

Some of the dialogue at the beginning confused me, though. It sounds like the Pharaoh has been defeated, but then why did the Bakura complete this ritual? When he says, "I've spent my entire life working toward my revenge. You've done nothing!" I don't really know what he means. How could this spirit have done anything yet, since he just summoned him? I could just be misinterpreting it, I don't know, but I am confused.

But yes, overall, I really enjoyed reading this. I adore geminishipping, so I'm glad this pairing was included in the contest and that it was written well. Good luck in this round!
NocturnalSpaceWhale chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This is a really nice twist on the whole Bakura and Thief King concept in the millennium arc, seeing how which one was the demon and which was the thief! It's really interesting great job.
Hi, my name's NSW and you got one of my pairings!
My favourite parts were Thief King's toned flesh growing ghastly and transforming into spirit Bakura, and how unimpressed he was near the beginning. The details are very nice, I like the macabre you described with TK's rotting body. Good luck in the contest!
spoonerdog123 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Aaand now I wanna go and hide under the bed. Sheesh, our entries are pretty much opposites of each other, in both subject material and length. I'm glad I was able to comprehend TKB, as he's always confused me - and oh man, your Yami Bakura is so freaking evil... This might just be the best Geminishipping I've ever seen!

*coughs hurriedly* Okay, so... concrit time? The main strength of this was definitely in the imagery - poor weak-willed Spooner now feels sick to the stomach! I know that you were aiming for detail this time, and you definitely hit your target.

That said, I still think that you could have done a bit more in telling me where your characters where, and in what positions (for instance, is TKB forced onto his back, or is his face smashed into the floor by dear Yami Bakura? Or is he on his side?), but other than that, you did a great job here - exactly what I'd expect from you, mate. I could rabble on at length, but I honestly don't think there's much more I can say about this. Aside from 'awesome' and 'epic' and 'oh bloody hell, no way can I sleep tonight' and all those things.

Best of luck in the contest!
thooruchan chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
very well written and an interesting take to the story. Now i'll go and read everything you have here.
darksomeness chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Here is my criticism, before I start gushing about the awesomeness:
When Bakura initially saw the spirit, it says that his lips are "twisted down scornfully", and then in the very next paragraph this description contradicts itself by saying that he has a "contemptuous sneer".
Next, towards the end it says "He watching as the Millennium Ring" where it should say "He watched as the Millennium Ring".
The word "cones" used to describe the dangly bits on the Millennium Ring was a teeny bit distracting to me- it didn't really seem to fit with the tone. I dunno. Maybe that's just my opinion.
Perhaps you could have spent a teensy weensy bit more time talking about the Dark One, as I couldn't visualize exactly where he was. Or is he just a bodiless voice?

And now that THAT boring blah is over... COMMENCE FANGIRL RANT. :D

*Has a seizure on the floor whilst frothing at the mouth* BEST. GEMINISHIPPING. EVERRR. ARP;ERJUFSHDRGRR

Never once have I read a fic that centers around the birth of the center of my cult following, otherwise known as Yami Bakura, and by Ra it didn't dissapoint.

The idea of the Thief King getting all shriveled up and pale is just MORBID (keheh) and therefore I am in love with it. I can barely picture our poor muscular sexy man doing so, but the mere idea is good enough for me. ;)

ALSO. The Millennium Ring making him bleed out. YAYYY! SO DREADFULLY AWESOME. AND. The dialogue between Yami Bakura and Thief King Bakura was simply perfect. I especially like how many references you made to Yami Bakura's canonical lines-"Stealer of souls" "Use for you in the future", all that good stuff. -w- And the way you bent them to fit the situation was GENIUS.

Not to mention that kiss at the end there... owo *licks lips* Daaangg that was hot. Whoo.

Best of luck to you in the contest, my friend! :)

-Albino Shadowz