Reviews for You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You
Aww I like the ending.
SoTimeless chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Really adorable. :)
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I rather like this pairing, and your portrayal of it is very nice. I like how Draco made some mistakes and was foolish as a young man; it's very true to his character from what we see in canon, isn't it? I also like Astoria's advice, and the fact that she continued to care for him. The ending was very sweet :) Well done!
our dancing days chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I love the idea of these two together, and everyone portrays their relationship differently; I love your characterisation here and how you convey their love for each other. Great job! :)
AmzyD chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Type your review here.I like your characterisation of Draco, still proud and rich but not at all unscathed by the war. I'm not so sure abotu Astoria though simply because I'd have liked her to fight harder, but other than that it is nicely written, well done!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I really like DracoAstoria, so I liked seeing them in this fic. I can definitely picture Astoria getting annoyed at someone who's focusing completely on being social and very materialistic, and I like her line about gold not providing true happiness. I'm not totally sure if Draco would be so popular post-war; after all, he was a Death Eater, even though he didn't totally support everything, and I can imagine lots of people would still have prejudices in that respect. I like Astoria's line about how she never stopped loving Draco, that was sweet. She forgave him pretty quickly, but as this is a short fic, I can understand it. Very nice job!
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
This was really sweet, I love draco/astoria. I like your characterization, draco must really love astoria if he was willing to beg for her. It might have been nice to see this drawn out more, Astoria forgave him very very quickly (which wasnt a bad thing at all!) and it would have added to the drama if mayne you exteneded it. Other than that i enjoyed this!
lowi chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Oh, this was sweet! I liked the plot here, Draco not settling down, but somehow "growing up" and realising he needs Astoria. :')

I think you included a lot of nice little touches here, like his friendship (?) with Harry, Blaise, and so on.

Very well done!
TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Awe this was very sweet. I love fics where Draco is somewhat "changed" after the war... where he's made his peace and and such. I think this was amazing. I didn't notice any Spelling mistakes and the story flowed nicely. I like the way you portrayed Astoria... even if most of it was through Draco's recollections. This was a rather lovely piece and I enjoyed it very much!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This isn't my favourite pairing, but I like how you've written.
It does seem like something Draco would do, doesn't it - caring only about money until someone knocks sense into him? It's probably his desire to make Lucius proud of him...
Well done :)
AnneNevilleReviews chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
You've written an interesting sketch of what Draco's life post-War might have been like, if his family managed to hold on to their wealth and position (something Narcissa's act might have made possible!).

What I wish I'd seen in this story was a bit more about Draco and Astoria's relationship and how it fell apart. Obviously, it was due to his own imprudence, his own self-absorption, as her very observant comment ["Gold won't bring you happiness when you're old Draco, just remember that."] makes clear.

I am glad to see that Draco is maturing out of his rich-boy-party-days and turning more inward. This line shows his progress: [And Draco had a pretty good idea that something was a someone.] I how this line lets us into Draco's head for a moment, and we see his realization of what has been missing . . . nice work.

As with the last story of yours that I reviewed, I find myself feeling like I'm reading the seed or sliver of a larger story—that we're coming in at the ending instead of the beginning. Like I said before, that is a good thing. It means that what you are writing has promise. It just could probably benefit from a bit of further development.

Here are a few SPaG things I noted, in case you want to correct them (up to you, of course):

[He practically ruled the wizarding world, at the ripe age of twenty-three.] The comma isn't needed after world, just so you know . . .
[its' wonders] its wonders
Montley chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
This was a well written story, though I would have liked it if you fleshed it out longer, maybe have Astoria not forgive him so easily at first.
I did like the beginning where you were examining Draco's life, though it's odd that he and Harry are suddenly friends.
Besides for that you did a good job with this story.
Lillia-Lillia chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Not bad. I like the idea of going after your true love and realizing that money and the high life can only keep you happy for so long. But at the same time, I didn't think Draco's fame and fortune lasted him to age 23, after his father's affiliation in the war. Because of this, it was hard to wrap my mind around your portrayal of Draco. Even still, your writing was coherent and nice to read.

One grammatical note: Third paragraph, you'll want to switch "Him and Blaise" to "He and Blaise".
Ralinde chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Interesting take on these two. It kind of makes sense that Draco would still have some prestige after the war, though I doubt it would be in this way. I think I would have liked it better if Astoria made him try a little harder, instead of forgiving him this easily.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
I'm always curious how people will characterize these two. I like the idea of Draco still having that pureblood pride even after the war. I think that's something that would be difficult for him to let go of. I also really like that Astoria managed to get in his head and make him realize he was being foolish. I'd like to see more of Astoria in this as she's so minor it's hard to get an idea of who she is and why she wants to be with Draco at all. But overall this was very sweet and I loved the happy ending :)