Reviews for Human Immortality Project
grandvizier527 chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
I'll be honest, I'm just here because of a friend's SYOT. I'm sure you've been getting a lot of those people lately.

While he claimed I wouldn't need any knowledge of Evangelion-and I don't have any-I think I apparently do to appreciate this better, although I think I get the gist of this chapter just fine.

So, Shinji's only 14 and they're letting him pilot a giant robot? Does 1419 in Japan or something? :/

Regardless, his father seems completely oblivious to the fact that his neglected son is before him and demands reconciliation. How insensitive!

Even though I'm not familiar with this, I suppose I could read on just for philosophical statements. Maybe I'll find it interesting? :/

Sorry if you're disappointed by this review, I'm sure someone else can give this the praise it deserves.
The Last Rising Of The Phoenix chapter 28 . 7/10/2014
Ah, something different from the norm.

Update soon
RealRemainder chapter 28 . 7/6/2014
Holy shit, this got updated! I've missed this! Let's see:

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-I actually thought it was spelled Misses or Miss instead of Missus but you kept writing Missus... Went to google and it Turns out I was wrong... good work.

-[the missus] wass in the kitchen - I think You meant [the missus] was in the kitchen (and thanks again for teaching me it's wwritten Missus)

-no collecting 200[] - Nice insert of the yen symbol, but think it would be better to just write "Yen".

-wow, just those... considering the size of this thing that's impressive, good work.

Oh goody... more inside the head trial crazyness... Though in fairness writting a mysterious bid with SHinji skulking around the apartment complex would be harder...

Hm. Don't know how to feel about Shinji's dream sequence...

Kinda rare to see a route where we see Gendo as fucked up as his son. Massive whiney bitch that killed his species to get his wife back. In case you haven't noticed, I'm rooting for him to DIE PAINFULLY.

Nice building of Tension as usual... This whole switching around plot points is amazing, really reels in the reader and stuff, the whole deal with Nerv under attack and Shinji roaming around and Mana setting him straight, the whole build up to the reveal of the Angel was good work!

AUGH! Misato wouldn't smile at or share enthusiasm about an Angel! Angels killed her father and she lives or their destruction and all that! This little bid was seriously OOC dude, be careful!

Nice how everything came toghether and made me wanna see if the lan was going to work. The whole Seymour heading out to get the other MAGI I mean.

God I hate Viscennes so much... But she's the type of character you LOVE to hate isn't she?

Man... Asuka should be a friggin CSI! Then Again, Gendo trusts his pilots, even in the series.

Oh what an awesome twist of fate got Shinji on the JSSDF good side!

Good chapter, though Misato being happy with an Angel made me cringe. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
it always made me wonder what would happen if shinji called gendo's bluff I mean true he can just pull out one of the rei clones but it will be damn hard to explain to the people around how the girl who was already hospitalized survived a fight with an angel not to mention explaining to the U.N how gendo wasted a multi-billion dollar robot cause he had issues with his son it might even cost him his position and that's all IF the angel didn't die or leave without causing third impact
Guest chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Shinji sounds like a cunt, but I do enjoy it haha
Guest chapter 11 . 6/6/2014
Wow... it was all humor and game theorem... until a previously unliked character commonly used as a source of exposition sacrifices herself in a foreshadowed but still unexpected move. Well played author.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/6/2014
This is really good. I like how you didn't totally rewrite Shinji's and Asuka's characters. They are smarter and know more, but the underlying personality is actually similar. Shinji is still reluctant to pilot and in need of approval, and Asuka still has her desperate need to be the best.
Guest chapter 8 . 6/6/2014
When I read the r/rational summary and it said that Shinji doesn't pilot the eva but instead takes over nerv I thought this would be another shinji and the warhammer 40k! style god-mode shinji fic. Instead, you've completely subverted that and followed the first law of fanfiction perfectly. Well done!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/6/2014
Well... I liked Shinji and the Warhammer 40k and this story actually takes realizes the fact that a Shinji that acted like that would be seen as an annoying kid by most of the characters... so this story is like a more realistic (for a given value of realism) version of that one. Also... I thought melee combat was a requirement for the AT fields... but it is plausible that the limitations are entirely perceptual... considering Rebuild 2.22s ending fight, this is likely the case.
skycomv2 chapter 27 . 5/25/2014
well things are certainly heating up.

I admit I enjoy your shinji as a more arrogant, more proactive, more cowardly harry james evans varrens pottor.

My only real problem is why doesn't Shinji pilot the eva? even now it represents an increase of 25% over their current forces, and with the Ikari theorem, Shinji doesn't even need skill. he just needs to disable the angels AT field and wait for the military to destroy it. As for being too cowardly to pilot it he must see that if the angels defeat the eva's then humanity is screwed anyway when it gets to adam, note I am ignoreing t raiden t capabilities, which are only revealed in this chapter.

If you want more reviews you should shoot less wrong an email, I am sure that he would recommend your story in his monthly review section.

or you could post on the rationalist reddit.
FlawlessMirage chapter 27 . 5/21/2014
I have a terrible - atrocious, really - feeling that Mana is gonna die; I mourn in advance.
Gusty Eagle chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Great
RealRemainder chapter 27 . 5/12/2014
HEY! I't been a while since this one!

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-nowhere if the robotics program is halted - Forgot the period: "nowhere if the robotics program is halted."

-Three huge flying thing just shot by - plural, so should be "Three huge flying things just shot by"

-only the two above. Good work.

These technical interations are always intersting to see.

Mana and keita have been child soldiers their whole lives, pretty much. That figures. As far as I remember the show doesnt adresses the post apocalipitc conditions of the post impact world. Free writing on that one but I don't think people would just nuke each other, especially not Japan...

Drop the spear on the sucker lol! Uncunny uncommom plan. Also nice to see different robots fighting angels.

Man, seeing the JSSDF attack soon like that puts me on the edge... I don't think I've ever seen something that only happens at the end coming soon like that.

Holy crap, did Kaji die at the end? Goddamn well done cliffhanger...
RealRemainder chapter 26 . 4/7/2014
Oh yes, this one! Let's see.

-THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW-

-A battel on two front - should be "A battel on two fronts"

-Spotted just those two. God work.

Did I mention how awesome the wee bits of in universe info in the begining of every chapterf are?

That was a very nice moment when the pilots were off to battle.

Okay, conspiracies are getting complicated now... That new doctor was working with SEELE the whole time? Or... that's not that other doctor...?

Oh man, that's tense, hacking angel and spider angel! It seems like every situation keeps getting worse and worse! Good job! Hm, wonder what gendo still has up his sleeve.

Hm. It seems mana also has something up her sleeve. Wonder what that is too...
kyugan chapter 4 . 4/7/2014
Quite a pickle he's gotten himself into there.