Reviews for Daisy's Dare: A Story for Christmas
Edward Carson chapter 2 . 8/31
This story is another work of brilliance. Again you have taken a minor character - Daisy gets so little attention in fan fiction - and worked magic, not the least of which is giving Daisy an original and compelling plotline. And with Daisy at the core you still manage to juggle the several other characters around her, putting clever ideas in their heads and cleverer words in their mouths, and keeping them all in character. Even Gwen, another minor character, comes to life here. There are so many points of amusement - Daisy getting drunk, Daisy kissing Tom (ingeniously set up - I was counting them off with her as they came in the door, and then she miscalculates!), Thomas getting his head stuck, Thomas swearing... Oh, the delights here are too, too numerous to note... Mr. Bates having a sweet tooth. Mrs. Patmore... "The True Exploits of Daisy"... I laughed and laughed, and then almost shed a tear over the sheer brilliance of the writing. l love Downton Abbey and you have done it up so well.
evitamockingbird chapter 2 . 8/10/2013
Oh, this was great fun! I loved reading about downstairs Christmas hijinks. :-)
Leville chapter 2 . 2/8/2013
I've had this open in a tab for ages and have FINALLY gotten a chance to read it and I love it!

Everyone was so wonderfully in character. I could almost hear the actors and actresses voices as I read. The humor was spot-on with the show's tone as well.
I absolutely lost it at '" 'There is no call for that sort of language,' growled Mr. Carson.
'I believe he is merely saying "stuck," Mr. Carson.' "

And once again, my family thinks I'm insane for laughing hysterically at my computer.
GeneHuntress chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
What a lovely piece of writing, KDN - I could see them all so clearly while I was reading it. And joining the two ladies in a fit of the giggles over poor Daisy!

Shame she didn't remember much about it, really. Mr Branson under the mistletoe is quite an appealing prospect after all ... ;)
MelodyOfSong526 chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
I had to bite my tongue from squealing when Daisy kissed Tom...

It's a very nice end to a very nice story. Well done! :)
sakurasencha chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
Hee, what a lovely story. So many classic Daisy lines. A real joy to read this little slice of S1.
Captain Evermind chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Ah, this is lovely! Super sweet and cute. It's lovely to be reminded of 'the good old days' of S1, especially in the wake of this year's awful Christmas! I miss that air of innocence and good humour. Looking forward to seeing how you work some more of those prompts in - and I hope Carson gets his Christmas kiss!
Solo Lady chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Poor, sweet Daisy. I can really see her pouring a tumbler full of wine without really thinking about what the effect might be. I'm enjoying this little glimpse into life at Downton before the war, the way we first saw it. And I'm most anxious to see what will happen when Mrs. Patmore finds Daisy.
GeneHuntress chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Oh dear - someone's in for a headache in the morning! :(

That was lovely, KDN. Can't wait to see what havoc ensues ...
MelodyOfSong526 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Ooh! Like where this is going! ;) Daisy is very in-character, which I like a lot more than I thought! Can't wait for chapter 2!