Reviews for Making a Moment
chelszy chapter 1 . 10/27
Awesome, really sweet one shot! Thanks for sharing
fiesa chapter 1 . 9/6
Thank you so much for your pm.

Because of it, I went back to your stories, and because of that, I found this gem which I somehow hadn't seen before. And it's the most beautiful, most heart-felt, funny, lovable and perfect Pitch Perfect fic I've ever read.

It feels like a direct continuation of the first movie, and I liked the first one somewhat better than the second, I with this story of yours I might continue on just forgetting there was a second movie (though the music was awesome, as always) and just focus on this. I love how you put together the scenes, how some of them feel out-of-context but the red thread is always visible. I love how you describe both Beca and Jesse, and, even more, how you write their interaction and their dialogue. Because God, it couldn't be more perfect. Their snarky comments, strange dialogues, jokes, jokes-not-meant-as-jokes, the way they tease each other and one still can see how important they are to each other - it's simply beautiful. You worked through most of their everyday and their relationship issues: visiting Jesse's parents (his mother is seriously cool!), Beca coming around to telling Jesse of her family stories piece by piece and then with a bang, Jesse visiting Beca in Boston, being together, being apart, helping friends, helping each other, working together, /not/ working together, making music, watching movies, fighting, laughing, doing whatever. And I loved it. I know how long it takes to write something like this - it turned out beautiful. I especially liked the way all the other characters appear now and then: how Benji gets his Jasmine (I'm sure she likes Star Wars!), dealing with Jessica's heartbreak, Fat Amy being awesome as usual, Chloe, Aubrey, all the other aca girls and boys. They made for a complete picture of Jesse's and Beca's college years, and I wouldn't want to miss them.
And in the end, the end was wonderful as well: Beca sings to Jesse from the car, something she said she'd never do. It shows how much she has changed - through him, with him, in him - and how far they've come. And it draws the arc to the beginning of the movie.

I'll run out of words to describe what I liked in your story soon, I guess, so I'll leave it at this. Thank you for this beautiful, perfect story that made a perfect ending to my weekend. Thank you for sharing it here.
Nat chapter 1 . 8/9
Awesome piece of writing! I really enjoyed it.
Dobby99 chapter 1 . 6/23
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but I just found and I love it! *_*
I love Beca and Jesse and you described them just perfect and this story is just... amazing and adorable and awesome :D
Please excuse any mistakes, I'm a german student and my english is probably not really good :)
Katie Who chapter 1 . 6/6
That was...amazing! Cute and adorable! Oh gosh, I love it! :D Beautifully done! :)
chynaj chapter 1 . 4/9
Love, love, LOVE this story! Your characterization is terrific (especially of Amy-I love the way you write her!). I hope the sequel inspires you to write more!
Clementine Buttersnaps chapter 1 . 2/8
I really, really, really loved this. Everything. Beca and Jesse were real, Benji was absolutely adorable and your Fat Any "crushed it"

The ending was my favorite, but the whole thing was great. Can't wait to see what else you got.
sheisawhirlwind chapter 1 . 2/2
11/10. Beautifullllll :)
Good characterization and stellar, poetic phrasing. The structure of this is really organic as well.
My only complaint would be that you do such a beautiful complex job with Jesse and Beca you could totally do that with other more minor characters that end up as just comic relief. But that's just me being picky. Every story needs comic relief. I just think you could do it all, you know?
This is awesome, basically. I love it. And you.
letsallmakebelieve chapter 1 . 1/31
Great story, my first Pitch Perfect fic, I'm glad I picked that one! You embodied the characters really well!
demigoddesses chapter 1 . 12/20/2014
! ! !
This is so cute and well-characterized and so fluffy too. I can't stop smiling because of this Beca/Jesse perfection (:
satomika chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
I love it!

It's beautifully written!

More, please!

And they're all totally awesome and in character!
Shanynde chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
Any chance you'd ever do a one shot on Donald x Lily? You are such an amazing writer and you could do so much for those two. Just a thought, and loved rereading this amazing story.
TessLouise chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
This was excellent - thank you!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/10/2014
This was a great story and well written. You've captured the characters really well. I hope you write more stories in for Beca and Jesse. Excellent work!
poser16 chapter 1 . 2/5/2014
I loved this! Very funny, sweet, and true to character.
Excellent story!