Reviews for Reductio Ad Absurdum, A Tale of Pureblood Jungle Fever (VR version)
B. M. Reed chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
Finally got around to reading this - had me laughing the whole time! A much more realistic approach to the whole "Dramione" business. I laughed out loud at Draco's disappointment that there were no handcuffs, and once more you excel at dialogue and subtext.

Now, can we have a Harry and Hermione crack fic? :P
Swallow B chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
The first thing that struck me when I started reading was that this is written in the past tense. (You gerally use the present, if I am not mistaken.) It gives the fic a whole different tone, happier I would say.

Great Luna. She is a very IC more mature version of herself.

I like how Hermione' has learned to be less annoyed with Luna (again, a very IC maturing) and especially how she realises Pansy is "very much more interesting than I thought". So true. Hermione, like Pansy herself, has learned to look at people without prejudice.

It was funny how Ginny's reaction to Hermione's story was so like Ron's reaction to Harry's, in OotP (hooting and falling around).

My favourite line was "not too bad looking if you ignore his face".

Disappointing Draco, well, what's new? (to me,at least)

It was a good idea to end with Pansy, as she is really the interesting character here, much more than Draco.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Scary, hilarious and brilliant. Thank you for writing this antidote to the creepy Dramione fiction. Bonus points for pointing out that arousal doesn't imply consent.
silverbirch chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I do like your crack fics! As you say a grown up version because you keep the characters, all of whom are recognisable. Even Hermione stays as herself throughout, a person with a secret life they would only share with close friends - not unlike several ff writers!

Pansy has sparked my interest here. She could be a very interesting one to follow in the post-war world because she seems to start from a very much more unreconstructed base than Draco.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Brilliant job - hilarious and politically well-pointed and so well-characterized. That image of Draco as a "Muggle-wannabe" yet retaining his "pureblood" markers - very telling, as well as funny. I love Luna's pithy, always insightful (in Luna-fashion) asides and Hermione's perfectly IC naiveté and Ginny's believable woman-of-the-world sharpness.

"Really, that was the measure of a person, what sort of things they were reading when nobody was looking"
Ain't it the truth?

It's fascinating how easy it is to see the absurdity of so many of our cultural attitudes about race and "otherness" when they are displaced into a completely different universe, like using Muggle/magic blood instead of race or ethnicity - which just shows us how in this, as in so many things, good fanfic is part of a long, distinguished literary tradition!
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Might be my favorite Dramione ever - certainly the most realistic. Hit every note; you did everything but put him in leather pants. And I love love love the challenge, which you executed to perfection. Brava.
Celeste45 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
That was weird and funny. Draco and the bad sex. The racial subtext was handled well. The list of fantasies made me laugh so because you do see plenty of them associated with Dramione. Hermione did go overboard with the curiosity. It was nice to get those hints of "Amends..." in this story: the silver clasp and Draco's flirting style.
Shadow82ABN chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
This is completely hilarious. I would imagine Draco's "failings" to have been rooted in his less that canny observance of what muggles like as opposed to what witches like.

I can imagine his 30 second "climb to glory" probably ended in a puddle the size of one of the great lakes, though. ;)
jadely31 chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Great story, I like the explanation of why you wrote it. The serious and adult issues that your stories offer to fanfic post-war wizarding society are always thought provoking. They set a high standard. This story is what I would expect "written from the perspective of grown-ups and health professionals who have triaged our share of victims of sexual assault and harassment, and who know something about sex from sources other than someone else's endlessly recycled fantasies." You also make the frankness that adult women (friends) can show when talking about sex come alive with H, L & G.

You summed up Pansy Parkinson beautifully when describing her sexual self discovery. "It took Pansy years to figure out that she could say no, and a few more to make it stick. And then how to say yes to what she did want." What a concise description of a common process; there's compassion in how you phrased it. Once again, Bravo
Nongarak chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
oh my goodness this was perfect. Super genius idea, and I laughed the whole time! You should write a full-length comedy story... Off to read TP's version!