Reviews for When He's Not Looking
controlled climb chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Oh I love this! They are so so good together! Argh the sudden switch from just a normal D.A day to the Final Battle was just heartbreaking. To see them all just joking around and waiting and talking about the future...and then to have some of them DIE. D: It's just too awful, my goodness. And all the injuries and...argh. Battle fics always make me so sad. I really like the bit with Hannah having lost a pigtail, though. That was so beautifully symbolic and I just wanted to melt into a puddle right there and then my goodness.

And I loved Ernie! He was so sweet! The way he was so desperate to take care of Justin was just adorable and aldkfjalsdjf. And at the end! The way Justin chokes up when he tries to ask if Ernie's still alive or not! I honestly flailed everywhere oh my goodness.

This is just perfect and amazing and I'm favouriting it right now because I don't think I can adequately describe how much I love this.
our dancing days chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Oh, oh, oh wow. Mew, this is gorgeous. I'm sorry I'm so late in reviewing, but I think I've read this three times now, still glued to my laptop screen. This was such a good development between Ernie and Justin; there was always the underlying tension between them, mostly held under the surface by Justin, and that's just exactly how I imagined them. Your characterisation is gorgeous, and I love just the chemistry between the two as well. The way you depicted the war was beautifully tragic; Justin was on the sidelines but he still had to watch his friends /die/ and it shows that not all soldiers are heroes. You know that Justin and the other Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws won't make it into the history books.

This line - "Randomly, Justin noted that one of Hannah's pigtails was gone. It appeared to him very suddenly, the fact that they weren't kids anymore…" - just touched me in the weirdest way. Something so innocent and memorable and normal, cut short by the war. Their childhood is gone and represented by that one pigtail. That was beautiful and yet so simple.

Honestly, mew, thank you /so/ much for this. I enjoyed every word of it and I'm REALLY sorry I haven't found time to review yet. But this is gorgeous, as always.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
I really, really, really adored this! I haven't read this pairing before either, but I really adored seeing it. I love anything that takes place during Deathly Hallows - besides next-gen, it's my favorite time to see fics set in - so I automatically loved that. And I got the hint of Susan/Wayne, when Susan wandered off and Wayne went to look for her. And Zacharias/Parvati, with Parvati yelling at him about what it means to be a D.A. member - that reminds me of my drabble for them that I just wrote :O :DDD I loved that - hints of other M&MWPs are always awesome!

The mention of Justin's Muggle cousins in America was awesome, too - I got the reference, of course, and I loved seeing it. I think it makes sense that Justin's parents would go stay with them, also. And I love the way you portray the closeness between the D.A. members, especially the Hufflepuffs here - I can imagine them all being that close, and I think you showed that wonderfully! I also really enjoyed seeing the mentions of minor characters like Wayne, because it seems a lot of people forget about them.

Overall, I really, really loved this fic, and I think you did a great job!