Reviews for Eistier
MoonKent chapter 29 . 12/27/2013
Wow, I really like the way that you finished it: kind of open-ended. We all believe and hope that Xavier and Maurice will both make it back to Belle soon, but we don't know when that will be, or how they will have changed when they do come, and it's okay not to have all the details.

I really loved all the different ways that you twisted the original Disney tale, the most prevalent being the change in the role of the Enchantress. That worked out so well. The change in setting fit the new story very well. I also liked the way that we actually saw the more beastly side of Xavier, rather than some stories which just imply it, or even ignore it completely. He was not a perfect character, he had many flaws, and seeing him overcome those makes for a much better story.

I also liked the way that Belle's reading had more of an important plot relevance than simply a way for her to be considered odd. It's nice the way that she was able to use her knowledge against the Enchantress.

All in all, this has been one of my favorite renditions of Beauty and the Beast. Great job, and thank you so much for writing it!
Nami Swannn chapter 29 . 12/24/2013
Aww what an adorable poem!
MyahLyah chapter 29 . 12/24/2013
Aw! What a lovely story! I will admit that I'm kind of selfish and was hoping to read a possible reunion between Belle and Xavier but I guess the ending to this beautiful epilogue was satisfying enough for the imagination. Beautiful story! I enjoyed every chapter!
TrudiRose chapter 29 . 12/24/2013
I love the way the story turned out! I have to apologize - you were updating so fast, I didn't get a chance to review the last few chapters one by one. But everything was just so satisfying. The scene with Gaston was both tense and amusing, and I liked when Xavier and Belle were laughing afterward - not really out of humor, but just the release of tension. The psychology of the characters always feels so real.

Belle's reasons for not marrying Xavier made a lot of sense. He DOES need to figure out who he is first. That was a refreshing and original idea, and it totally works IMO.

Xavier's meeting with his sister and Belle's meeting with the bookseller were also done well. You captured exactly the right tone of both of them listening to the story, being initially skeptical, asking questions, and ultimately believing and accepting the long-lost one. I feel bad for Belle's father, not knowing she's alive, but the fact that he DID say he'd return to visit the bookseller at some point lets me know there WILL be a joyful reunion at some point.

The poem is perfect - so simple yet so romantic! Nothing flowery, just a simple declaration of eternal loyalty. I love it. It does make me feel that they will become a couple eventually, years later, especially since Belle misses him.

Overall, just a really original, creative take on the BATB theme. I'm sad it's over, but looking forward to whatever you write next!
Hayden Avery chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
Wonderful job
An Amber Pen chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
I'm sad that it's over, but at the same time I loved the way you ended it with the hope of reuion. I recognized the lyrics of the song right away, and it just happens to be one of my favorites so I think you made a great choice. This was a wonderful story! :)
Maymayliu chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
Please, please, PLEASE tell me you'll write one shots or a sequel. I've been spending all day reading this entire story and I can't bear it if it just ends here.
TheTeaIsAddictive chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
This was beautiful. I've loved this story since I first read it, and you have a lovely ending - bittersweet and strange, if you'll pardon me :)

But for reals, my next favourite ending after 'happy' is definitely bittersweet. Thank you.
The Green Archer chapter 29 . 12/23/2013
Oh the feels! I don't doubt that Xavier left that message in the book for Belle, it's just too much of a coincidence.

I'll miss seeing updates for this story, and no, definitely didn't find it disappointing, despite what I may have said about it in my last review. In someways, I think I may have liked this story BETTER than Kissed by a Rose because of its simplicity. Even though it had fewer characters in it, it was still able to capture the themes and plot from the original movie in a very believable way, which personally, I believe is not an easy thing to accomplish as a writer. The way you seamlessly blended together history with Beauty and the Beast and curse of DarKastle was fantastic, as was your characterizations for Belle and Xavier. It may not be 'Beauty and the Beast', but it was definitely a great adaptation of it, and one I'll be looking forward to reading again in the future. You are to be congratulated for a job well-done, SamoaPhoenix9.

Oh, and Happy Holidays!
MoonKent chapter 28 . 12/21/2013
Awww, I'm glad that Xavier was able to reunite with his sister! And the scene felt very natural between the two, I never once felt that Marie simply accepted the bizarre story without logical progression. The one thing that worries me, though, is whether Xavier staying with her will cause him to depend on her too much rather than finding his own self. But Marie seems too level-headed to let such a thing happen, so it will probably all work out okay.
MoonKent chapter 27 . 12/21/2013
I really like the angle that you've chosen to go with here. It's very unique, and you're right, it fits the characters better than the original ending. I like the way that you've twisted so many parts of the Disney story to come up with something that's almost original enough to call your own. I wish that you could publish it, it's so very inventive.

I'm glad that you brought back Gaston for one more scene. I was kind of curious what had happened to him. The way that the encounter played out was both tense and amusing, interestingly enough.

I'm sad to see this story coming to an end, but it's been a wonderful story to follow! Great job!
Nami Swannn chapter 28 . 12/20/2013
Aww I'm glad he got to reunite with his sister! Belle was smart to see if their feelings of love were real.
An Amber Pen chapter 28 . 12/20/2013
The bonds of family... :)
pureangel86 chapter 27 . 12/18/2013
I think I understand it's going to be close to what this new Ellen Page game where she is rendered in CGI and how she'll look in a few years.
So-crates Johnson chapter 27 . 12/18/2013
Even though I'm a sucker for happy endings, I think it makes sense that you ended this the way you did. At this point in the story, I think a traditional happy ending would have been a little jarring. But that doesn't mean I won't hope that they get one, eventually (though I'm really curious to see what your headcanon is on that subject!). I'm also really curious to read the epilogues and see where Belle's and Xavier's respective journeys take them.