Reviews for Eistier
Denz-El chapter 18 . 3/28
Interesting backgroud mythos you've got there! :)

Man, this version of the Enchantress is especially despicable! Even more so than the creepy wicked fairy from Villeneuve's version!

She kind of reminds me of a dementor, what with feeding off of misery and the Patronus-like effect that Places of Worship have on her.

GOD Bless, Keep Up the Good Work, and Keep Moving Forward! Amen! :)
Denz-El chapter 17 . 3/28
Thought-provoking and much appreciated introspection! Thanks for sharing your Individual Portion of Wisdom with us, Samoa! :)

(Yeah, I skipped the majority of the italicized bit...)

GOD Bless, Keep Up the Good Work, and Keep Moving Forward! :D Amen! :D
gisela19wwe chapter 29 . 1/31
I can't describe how awesome this history is , honestly this took my mind away to picture all the romantic moments . I feel sad that people today don't express feelings with poems of simple phrases anymore . Good job !
gisela19wwe chapter 10 . 1/29
Woow just to read how Belle find Xavier outdated is funny , but if I was her I would freak out Lol
gisela19wwe chapter 8 . 1/29
I have to said that your history is one of the most interesting I had read from beauty and the beast. And based on the religious part I think is true how you portrait the attitude of people in the past , even today some people hide in religion to justify some actions . Awesome history so far , I will read until the end
Guest chapter 29 . 12/10/2016
lovely story, also including the sequel followup
Dream-Runaway chapter 29 . 11/9/2016
really enjoyed reading the story even if it did leave me a little wanting for how they came together in the end. however I respect that's the way you wanted to end your story and it's your right to do so. thank you for all the time and effort you put into writing Eistier for others to enjoy
Historian1912 chapter 27 . 9/29/2016
This does seem to be a decent ending even without the epilogues. Very fitting to the tone of the story. Admittedly, I never really thought about what happened to Gaston. I thought he'd died of his wounds or something. There's something seriously wrong with the guy. Just like Frollo, I feel that he hasn't read the Bible either often or in a way that suggests he was paying attention. A major part of being a Christian is supposed to be acknowledging your own sinfulness. Gaston seems to think he's perfect. See his problem?
Historian1912 chapter 26 . 9/29/2016
That was definitely interesting. Good job. I really liked how you brought back some of the stuff referenced in previous chapters that just seemed to be an extra bit of information and is now made plot critical. Again, great job.
Historian1912 chapter 24 . 9/29/2016
Well, Belle lost a slight bit of my respect for use of the word 'close-minded'. Besides my personal experience suggesting that those that love to use that word are the ones the word best describes, it is honestly a word that feels a bit too modern (temporally speaking only, since 'modern' in no way suggests 'better'. To believe otherwise is chronological snobbery. Technology may be a partial exception, but trade-offs have to be considered. What stops a bullet, for example, won't necessarily stop a knife). It just doesn't feel like something that would even come close to being said in conversation in the 19th Century. Speaking of which, why did you set this in 1846? There's another revolution in 1848 that ends the French monarchy altogether, at least until Napoleon III founds the Second Empire.
Historian1912 chapter 16 . 9/28/2016
I've always found magic in stories to be a bit odd when trying to think out their logical implications beyond just being part of the story. You're sorta doing that here. You touch upon in Belle's speculations one of only three real options when you're dealing with theology in this world, and the cast is at least nominally Christian (as honestly any of Disney's worlds with magic in them). From a Christian perspective magical powers can have only one of three ultimate sources. The first is God himself (near equivalent to miracles). The second is demonic forces (Falicier's friends from the other side from The Princess and the Frog would be good candidates for this). The final option is that magic is tapping into something that's been part of Creation from the beginning and being able to do that may or may not require the assistance or at least the consent of the first sources. All of this has to do if humans are the magic wielders. If they aren't then option three is a perfectly viable set-up that requires little to no further details for the story.

Sorry for rambling. I have a habit of trying to figure out the theological implications of various movies and shows if what is shown is true, even in fantasy worlds. This is especially true of Disney films since there a wide variety of them, and there are at least minor nods to religion in many of the films. Its a fun mental exercise, especially when working with purely fictional religions such as that of Avatar the Last Airbender or how the lions in The Lion King see the world.
Historian1912 chapter 8 . 9/28/2016
Out of curiosity, is 'pagan' supposed to be a derogatory word? I've never seen it used explicitly as such but more as a descriptive word.

On a different note I find it painfully ironic that Mr. 'fairy tales are very bad' is trying something that I've seen condemned in many Christian folk tales. For example, in St. George and the Dragon the solution was to kill rather than appease the dragon.

As for your commentary on how people are portrayed, I agree with you to an extent. However, I can see why writers tend to get overly biased towards their group. It boils down to your point about a 'decent human being'. One's beliefs define what a decent human being is supposed to be. If your actions demonstrate your worldview then there will be dramatic differences between people whose worldviews are dramatically different. Just look at Gaston from the movie. He had a very simple, narcissistic worldview, and it showed through with every action he took and word he spoke. This is not to say that people of different faiths (or no faith) can't be regarded by those of a different faith as decent human being; they're just less likely to emulate the opposing religion or philosophy's ideal.
Historian1912 chapter 7 . 9/28/2016
While an interesting spin on things, I personally have to say I have a few issues with this, once again, being part of a BatB story. In my personal experience the most bigoted (as much as I hate to use such an overused to the point of meaninglessness word) people I ever met are largely as you describe with one major difference. The people I've met are completely secular and believe themselves among the most tolerant of people. I have found them to be nothing of the sort.

Also, and I guess this is my biggest reason for taking issue, Gaston, just like Frollo, shows a painful lack of logic, especially from a Christian standpoint. I could write nearly as many words as are in this chapter dismantling how he handles things here. However, this is not the place for a theology lesson. Overall, this is an interesting take on the story.
Historian1912 chapter 5 . 9/28/2016
I've actually never understood witch trials, especially the logic behind them. From what I've read the tests were leftover customs from pre-Christian Europe. Xavier's test in the story leads me to believe that he's not the only idiot in the room. The priest honestly should have 'incompetent' branded to his forehead. 'Demons can't recite scripture.' Bullcrap. The devil himself recited scripture in the Bible. Twisted its meaning, yes, but he recited it nonetheless. He also stood on top of the Temple (while tempting Christ). If the Temple is something he can be near then handling a Bible should not be a problem. The message may be divine, but the book itself is still a collection of parchment, ink, and glue. The priest apparently didn't do a good job of consulting scripture on this issue.

Note that the above is a criticism of the character, not the the writer. Despite having some not too great characters, morally speaking, this has still been an interesting tale thus far.
pinkdynamite chapter 29 . 8/17/2016
What a great idea! I had no idea where this story was going to end up when I started, and I must say it was a delight to read all the way through. I absolutely loved the historical context (the French Revolution era is one of my all time favourites), and was so happy he got to reunite with Marie Thérèse at the end. As much as I'm a Beast/Belle shipper, I'm glad they went their separate ways at the end of this story. Belle's reasons for this were sound, and in my mind they will end up together again some day. Thank you for such a lovely read!