Reviews for Baker Street Interludes
Barbie of Asgard chapter 7 . 12/16/2016
This is so sweet! *happy fangirl noises*
DeejayMil chapter 5 . 11/15/2016
[ Down on his heels beside where the corpse lay unfurled like a flower fallen from a bouquet] - Im not a fan of this line in this context. Maybe because it's a Lestrade chapter and he's not quite the poetic kind, or maybe it just needs to be a little *less*. [ Down on his heels beside where the corpse lay unfurled like a flower]? Maybe. I'm not sure! I shall leave it to your capable hands to work out whether this is personal opinion or valid :D

Lestrade is my favourite of characters, so I'm biased towards loving this chapter ;) it doesn't do as much character-wise or description-wise as the previous chapters, and there are no flashes of insight into him that we don't already know, but it IS very Lestrade and I love it for that. Great work! I shall return-hopefully tomorrow!-with another batch of reviews on this awesome piece :D
DeejayMil chapter 4 . 11/15/2016
[Philip Anderson was leaning in the bathroom doorway, watching Sally Donovan put her bra back on.] - this bit here felt a bit clumsy. It felt out of place, since we're sort of in Sally's head a little here, and this was very suddenly out of any of their heads. And you're skilled enough that we just KNOW who the characters are through your descriptions and their voices, so I believe that there are much more delicate ways you can word this!

Ahaha poor Anderson. He is just naturally creepy, isn't he? And Sally is a sassmaster here, I dig it. These little snippets of what we don't see are wonderful :)
DeejayMil chapter 3 . 11/15/2016
Oh man. I love love love love love this. I want you to know that I SUCK and I'm no longer reviewing these as a review trade participant, but genuinely because I really love these little snippets into the episodes. And the improvement from your very early stuff is so amazing that I can barely find things to comment upon to improve anyway! Almost everything I've pointed out before as something you could work on, you've done so!

Well done and I am eagerly moving onto the next chapter. There's a melancholy kind of scene-setting in this one that I absolutely adore and am jealous of.
DeejayMil chapter 2 . 11/15/2016
[Sherlock threw his arms around her, squeezing her out of breath.] - this sentence reads a little awkward to me-I think it needs a bit of rewording/mixing around just to make it flow a little smoother.

Oh and you've NAILED Mrs. Hudson here, I love it. I'm getting all kinds of Sherlocky emotions from this and it's making ME want to go and write something for Sherlock now. Her voice is perfect, how she runs right through from 'irritated with Sherlock' to making him coffee and smiling about him. I love her so much. And I'm really loving these short little snippets into the characters-you get the voices JUST right in them and it's truly a delight to read!
DeejayMil chapter 1 . 11/15/2016
Hello! I'm back! Sorry for the long wait-I literally just finished my last exam yesterday, so here I am once more and so excited to be here :D

Oh man oh man oh man, you know how I always blather about opening lines? The whole opening PARAGRAPH of this chapter, I love it so so so much. Like, I've read it five times now just to try and tell you WHY I love it so much, but I can't find the words to actually verbalize why.

[Guilt nipped at her chest. It was wrong of her to monopolise the disabled toilet when she didn't need it.] - god this whole thing is... just so MOLLY. Like. You've nailed her personality in a cool 500 words or so, and I love it so much. Is it odd that I think this might be my favourite thing of yours I've read yet?

And my heart is breaking :( I have no critique for this piece because I think it's perfect as it is. I love it, well done!
Guest chapter 25 . 9/25/2016
just read this all in one go. No idea why i haven't read this earlier. They are brilliant and deliver some good insights for some scenes and your longer stories.
Lilybud chapter 24 . 9/17/2016
You're really good at the "show-don't tell" style! With mainly actions and Mycroft's thoughts, you were able to convey just how worried he was and how he had to control it, as well as his methodical thought process, and also gave greater insight and purpose into the scene by showing what we did not see, which was him making an excuse to call his brother instead of admitting that he was checking up on him. Very good chapter!
magentacr chapter 25 . 9/10/2016
Nice extra detail, adds an extra layer to why things wouldn't work out with John's other girlfriends, and why he needed Sherlock's understanding so much.
Lilybud chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Gosh, poor Molly! Always trying to smile and impress, even when Sherlock is being a manipulative jerk. I think you really got into her thought process; great job with the characterization and insight!
KathyG chapter 10 . 6/4/2016
According to John's CVC (or resume, as we would call it here in America), he attended a King Edward VI Grammar School in Chelmsford. Since it's not a boarding school, we know that he lived in Chelmsford at least during his secondary school years, and most likely, throughout his years of growing up (whether he was born in Chelmsford, we don't know, but I wouldn't bet against it). Therefore, he was indeed brought up there.
jack63kids chapter 24 . 5/30/2016
Love how you write the Holmes boys' relationship.
Another classic.
Icecat62 chapter 24 . 5/23/2016
No matter how old they are, Mycroft will always worry. Love his deductions of the explosion.
Book girl fan chapter 24 . 5/22/2016
So really, he's just finding any excuse to check on his baby brother!
Book girl fan chapter 23 . 5/22/2016
Oh, I hadn't thought of that!