Reviews for Baker Street Interludes
becgate chapter 21 . 3/31
Loved every chapter! ! Pleeease write more! !
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 20 . 12/13/2014
I adore the contrasting imagery between Sherlock and John at the beginning of this chapter. John so chilled and smug, while Sherlock is absolutely done with everything here. For some reason, the details about the socks stood out to me in particular, showing a domestic scene at home between two brothers. They don't always agree or understand the minds of the other, but that leads to such deliciously wonderful scenes like this that we get to enjoy... fantastic. Pacing of Sherlock's dialogue is beautiful, and I can imagine him pacing back and forth in the flat with his hands in the air, all but tearing his hair out.

It does make me giggle to see the bit about the Beatles, and how interesting it is to see the details that Sherlock chooses to keep in his mind. Not only remembering the Beatles as a whole, but the name of an individual member of the band. Makes me wonder why he didn't delete that fact... I could see that coming in handy for some kind of case at some point in time. What fun that would be!

This was really cute, reminding me of that Agatha Christie where Poirot goes to see a play and incorrectly guesses the murderer, losing a bet in the process. Always a fun way of looking at such things and that real life is so often so much stranger than fiction. Definitely reminds me of those Christie stories that are so fantastic in their solutions that you couldn't possibly have seen them coming because the story telling was designed that way. And obviously, that kind of thing is really not something that Sherlock is going to be able to handle! Goodness gracious.

The idea of Sherlock's pretty much guilty pleasure of watching murder mystery shows is too funny, but I could see him completely doing this, trying to figure this out and make it work out in his head. Too funny to think of him watching Inspector Morse... he might be able to figure that one out... maybe. XD

And of course John would be the one who could figure out TV mysteries before Sherlock. He needs some kind of small victories in his life, living with a consulting detective who's definitely one of the smartest people ever.

I would have loved seeing an expansion on this, bits more detail about their TV habits and what happens overall. I could see an entire series about that... all our favorite British detectives. Wold be completely fantastic. XD

This was too funny, enjoyed it thoroughly. Well done, gorgeous!

Cheers, dearie!
Aiko Isari chapter 20 . 9/24/2014
Pfft! Oh Sherlock.

Is it just me or do I say that every time I read anything from you where this happens? Or maybe I just think it a lot. I'm not sure anymore because you write Sherlock as the dork that he is.

That mewling, old- that's a wonderful image, Eddy, though of course, is horribly insulting, like Sherlock himself.

i love how John isn't sure if Sherlock is familiar with the Beatles. I mean, to be fair, Sherlock didn't know all that much about the solar system. Though considering he has discovered Google and was taking this poorly written show way too seriously... he could have looked it up. Then again, it is him. he was too obsessed with having the correct writing.

"Bad writing"- that sums it up.

Yes Sherlock, you're going to watch another one, I can see it from here.

Inspector Morse... is that a real show? Cause that sounds too absurd.

John beats Sherlock at tv show mysteries. That's actually really hilarious. It figures that John, who writes a lot, would be able to tell the direction of the bad writing, while Sherlock is too wrapped up in logic and reason and the like. Oh these dorks.

I really do love this little bonding moment over television, especially since it makes Sherlock so huffy about it. Catch you later Eddy!
The Bitter Kitten chapter 21 . 8/30/2014
This is just staggering in how much emotion and implication you manage to cram into so few lines. 7% battery and no signal is such a powerful sort of detail; it's been a long, long, long day, and the desire to go and take it all back and be near John again is almost overpowering, and he's still close enough to go back... and he can't even call John.

And Sarah sleeping over (either as a "my best friend just killed himself in front of me and i have no idea what to do and there's this whole huge bottle of sedatives just kind of staring at me" crisis management measure, or as a "john has people, he'll totally be fine!") is just.. yeah.

Have my kids.
jack63kids chapter 21 . 8/11/2014
And another tiny one full of fantastic prose. I'm not 100% sure I know what's going on, but do I care!? Not a lot. Still enjoying.
jack63kids chapter 20 . 8/11/2014
LOL He so is going to watch more! Love that there's a tally and that John is winning. Long may that last! Sooner or later Sherlock will find a way of winning more or less without cheating.
jack63kids chapter 19 . 8/11/2014
Ah, now that explains a lot! Prize plonker that Sebastian.
And John is sweet in this as usual and Sherlock endearingly surprised that anyone would chose to be with him without incentive.
And nice ending too. I can't stop smiling either, but I know why, great writing always has that effect on my facial muscles.
jack63kids chapter 18 . 8/11/2014
Lovely! So few words to say so much. Sherlock not knowing his PIN, treating the whole incident like there should be a minder standing by, John being guilty for taking money he's actually earned, the words! 'a paper tongue from a metal mouth' - oh wow!
ZuWang chapter 14 . 8/1/2014
Just wanted to check in and say I'm really enjoying this. Also, as a vet myself, that statement by Mycroft ("you're not haunted...you miss it") has bothered me for years. One can be simultaneously haunted by war AND miss it. I am.
magentacr chapter 21 . 7/31/2014
Aw is Sherlock... not jealous exactly, well I suppose jealous, just not for John, more of what John has.
I love all your little filler Scene's they just add so much more depth. Whenever I watch it again (which I have been doing over the last few days (or rather listening too while at work. We're allowed headphones, they never said it had to be music playing ;) ) I always think of your little bits whenever it comes up in the story, and it fits so perfectly, like it really is part of the show. You're not Moffat or Gatiss in disguise are you?
What does that word mean though? I tried to google translate it and it didnt work, and I hate not knowing.
magentacr chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
Haha, love it. Figuring out TV plots is always difficult, there's always a red herring to catch you out. (especially if Moffat is involved) I swear every time I'm so sure I've got it, and then it turns out to be something else. 90% sure I've got the Moriarty problem solved ready for season 4, but I'll probably be wrong as usual.
But anyway, this was so in character, I could totally imagine it happening, especially with the shows references to cluedo. And I loved the reference as well to John's socks, don't know why, but I do.
Brilliant as always :)
BeyondMyReach chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
lol. of course. They're all ridiculously in character and lol, I'm so amused. This is probably one of my fav chapter.
sevenpercent chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
I just giggled all the way through this one. I kept thinking of me watching Series Three and saying to myself that Moftiss were getting this one wrong; it couldn't possibly be the villain they were setting up as the culprit. Turns out I'm not the only one to get confused by TV crime shows!
Guest chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
OF COURSE THEY KEEP TRACK OF WHO GUESSES THE PLOT AND PLOT TWISTS FIRST.
Also. Sherlock, honey, it's always the innocent little old woman. Always.

Well done!
Book girl fan chapter 20 . 7/26/2014
Sherlock may know how it should work out, but John knows how it will. Really, Sherlock, you are observing the wrong things.