Reviews for Baker Street Interludes
just read this all in one go. No idea why i haven't read this earlier. They are brilliant and deliver some good insights for some scenes and your longer stories.
Lilybud chapter 24 . 9/17
You're really good at the "show-don't tell" style! With mainly actions and Mycroft's thoughts, you were able to convey just how worried he was and how he had to control it, as well as his methodical thought process, and also gave greater insight and purpose into the scene by showing what we did not see, which was him making an excuse to call his brother instead of admitting that he was checking up on him. Very good chapter!
magentacr chapter 25 . 9/10
Nice extra detail, adds an extra layer to why things wouldn't work out with John's other girlfriends, and why he needed Sherlock's understanding so much.
Lilybud chapter 1 . 7/10
Gosh, poor Molly! Always trying to smile and impress, even when Sherlock is being a manipulative jerk. I think you really got into her thought process; great job with the characterization and insight!
KathyG chapter 10 . 6/4
According to John's CVC (or resume, as we would call it here in America), he attended a King Edward VI Grammar School in Chelmsford. Since it's not a boarding school, we know that he lived in Chelmsford at least during his secondary school years, and most likely, throughout his years of growing up (whether he was born in Chelmsford, we don't know, but I wouldn't bet against it). Therefore, he was indeed brought up there.
jack63kids chapter 24 . 5/30
Love how you write the Holmes boys' relationship.
Another classic.
Icecat62 chapter 24 . 5/23
No matter how old they are, Mycroft will always worry. Love his deductions of the explosion.
Book girl fan chapter 24 . 5/22
So really, he's just finding any excuse to check on his baby brother!
Book girl fan chapter 23 . 5/22
Oh, I hadn't thought of that!
Book girl fan chapter 22 . 5/22
Belarus? That's where Sherlock is, or that's code for something?
magentacr chapter 24 . 5/21
Nice piece, I hadn't really thought about how convienient it was that Mycroft had a case for Sherlock the day after the explosion, but you're right, it probably was an excuse to check up on him, which he then had to maintain. A nice follow up to the previous chapter too, and very Sherlock to be compassionately concerned about his landlady, but to then snap back and act indifferent about it all when Mycroft called, even if it was only minutes between. I liked how Mycrofts concern even stretched to Mrs Hudson at the mention of the casualty being an older lady.
Ersatz Einstein chapter 24 . 5/20
Interesting take on Mycroft's attitude, public and private, and the action behind the scenes of a call. I would note that based on "Sign of Three," Sherlock would probably be able to hear it if Mycroft was shaken, but other than that, very believable.
Juliana Brandagamba chapter 24 . 5/20
Excellent chapter! Your depiction of Mycroft is spot-on. :)
zeilfanaat chapter 23 . 5/2
Hey,
Thanks for writing these interludes. I'm really enjoying them.
zeilfanaat
Juliana Brandagamba chapter 23 . 4/26
These are just marvellous! From the hilarious to the immensely touching, I have enjoyed every one of them, and I hope you continue soon. :)