Reviews for Angseth
erttheking chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
Hm, this looks like a rather interesting story. I always did like the idea that Angseth showed when I read her log in Echoes, I was always tickled by a rough tough marine that was also a Samus Aran fangirl, and you've given her an understandable personality. Anyone would be scarred and tired after the mess that happened on Aether (And that's just what I know happened, this story hints that more than that happened this time around). Things at times could be a little rushed, such as establishing that the Confederation was falling apart when I'm not 100% sure what the Confederation is and how it works, but needless to say that you've gotten me very interested in this story and I plan on reading it through when I get more time.
Heretictome chapter 32 . 11/12/2013
Well that was a well spent bunch of hours! The story was captivating, with a bunch of wonderful characters, twists and turns in the plot, and the general awesomeness of metroid, wrapped up and fused into an epic tale. The only slightly negative thing I have to say is that it could use a little editing for the random grammatical errors and such. Anyways, well done and thank you for writing such a great story! I look forward to the possible sequel!
Xovvo chapter 32 . 10/10/2013
Great ending to one of my favorite fanfics.

I can't wait to see what's next.
DrkVrtx chapter 32 . 10/8/2013
So...Sierra, huh? How interesting.

Congrats on seeing this story through to its end. I'm sure that it's with great relief that you can say it's finally complete. 'Angseth' has personally been an incredibly enjoyable experience and without a doubt stands out as one of the best stories in the Metroid archive.

I do have a few nitpicks though. After giving it some thought, the final exchange between Samus and Siairus back in Chapter 30 (personally) breaks the atmosphere and tension that has been built up to that moment. Siairus speaking of the details of his and Samus' relationship seems very much to be aimed at the reader rather than at her, which jarred and pulled me out of the experience. It didn't feel natural.

Also, not sure if this was intended on your part, but it felt difficult to connect with Samus throughout that chapter. The reader is shut out from her, and so in the wake of Siairus' final speech it's hard to decide where to stand in relation to Samus' supposed actions, or to rouse a sense of empathy/sympathy when the opportunity isn't really there to delve into her motivations proper.

Siairus' death actually felt a little weird for me. I might have misread/missed out/misinterpreted something along the line somewhere beforehand, but his handing the victory over to Samus/Weavel almost felt like it came out of the blue. I was settling in for a really hard fought battle, particularly after the Variable Form Ridley was brought into play (which was a rather cool moment, I must say. Very well depicted just in terms of the sheer scale and raw destructive power.), but then it was like 'Oh...you're just...letting them win?' Again, I think I might have missed something pertaining to his motivations there, but in the moment I did feel a little flat and disappointed.

I'd rather not pound you with negativity any longer with this review. You, and Angseth, have reached the end of a journey I on the whole thoroughly enjoyed, and I couldn't be more glad that this story was posted back up on FF and seen through to its completion. I'll snap up any future works you might produce in a heartbeat. Till then.
The Tailed Madman chapter 32 . 10/8/2013
*chuckles* And so it ends. To all those who enjoyed Angseth, I thank you. To all those that are left wondering or doubting, well, *sunglasses* deal with it.
For the last few months I'm been serving as Chesh's beta-reader, and no, I'm not gonna rub it in your faces. It only meant I've had to plow my way through her thoughtprocesses, the ocassional grammatical and spelling errors (and I bet even my perfectionism missed a few) and help her get to the end of this fic. I laughed loudly at Kanden's re-appearance in the previous chapter, I metaphorically threw trains at her for the cliffhangers in Chapter 29 and 30, I'm just as mad a fan of Angseth as I was all those long years ago when I first found it. And to be honest, I think it was worth it.
Chesh, if yer reading this, I'll just reiterate what I've said before. Good fic. Damn good fic. Bring us more by way of Damaged and your other project. All you astute readers probably picked up a few hints here and there what it's about, but I'm not going to spoil the surprise. You'll just have to wait and see. And put on some doo-wop while yer at it, if just as a final wink at the story of Angseth. I know I will when I come back to re-read this behemoth of a story ;P
SheegothBait chapter 32 . 10/7/2013
And so the epic finally ends...and a great ending too! Glad Angseth survived. I found it humorous that Samus turned up at the wedding. A lead-in to another story? Or perhaps this is the end of this saga. Well done, either way, and hope to read more from you soon!
See you next mission.
3D
scorpio723 chapter 31 . 10/7/2013
I know that there are a lot of things I'd like to say here. Such as whether it was a good or bad thing that you kept Samus to a minimum. Or whether the last chapter fit. As well as a little prodding to be careful with your paragraphs. But that's not what I'd like to say.

Instead, I'd like to say...

KANDEN?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
DrkVrtx chapter 30 . 10/7/2013
"Angseth is dead...She's been dead for four hours...she's been a Phazon zombie...'

I have to pause here and comment on this, because although it being a small moment I really liked it. There's that crushing sense of finality with the announcement of Angseth's death, compounded by Sacul's following statements, even though the steadily deteriorating state we've seen her in - and the fight with Mizzen - effectively sealed the coffin shut for her. She's been a such persistent driving force throughout the story, and it was almost as though nothing, no matter how dire or severe, could really spell the end for her...However, perhaps there is still a hope?

'But I have her on life support because her brain is still active'.

And suddenly I am cautiously uplifted. With the Chozo around, who can say for sure what could happen?

Trying to picture Samus in a 'battle dress' kinda reminds me of various Princess Samus crossover fanart. Perhaps close but not quite? It also seems that everyone's favourite bounty hunter is something of an engineer to the glorious fuck up that has been Angseth's life. Can't wait to see where this is going. Onwards to the next chapter I go.
arandomshotinthedark chapter 32 . 10/6/2013
Wow. This whole fic was awesome. The amount of detail that was put in this was something else. And to think, it started with a what if. This is definitely on my list of best fics, due to quality, depth, intrigue and so much more. It truly was a pleasure reading this and I thank you for it.
CD chapter 32 . 10/6/2013
Wow. Definitely one of my favourite Fanfics. I felt kinda unsatisfied by the ending though.
If this was ever made into a game, my life would be complete. Someone tell Nintendo to start making games for an older generation!
Xovvo chapter 29 . 10/2/2013
Now that I've marathon read this new version of the fic, I have to say I'm glad my favorite Metroidfic is back on the 'net.

As far as the chapter goes, the only nit I have to pick is that the ending to the confrontation between Angseth and Samus seems a bit...deus ex machina.

As for the story so far, I find that I really want to hear more about the Chozo-as it stands, in the parts where we get to see Chozo culture I kinda stop caring about Samus-but two things bug me. One is that the civil war seems more like a thing that we're told is totally there, but I don't really *feel* it's presence in the narrative-at best it seems less like a long and bitter conflict with massive amounts of injustices committed by each side and each blaming the other for all of it, and more like two squabbling children in vague empire form (which is really disappointing, since it has so much impact on the narrative). Second, is that I don't know *why* the Chozo as a whole and as individuals care so much about Samus. There doesn't seem to be enough scenes where that gets touched on-not where a Chozo tells Angseth about their personal connection/attachment to Samus, nor a scene where a Chozo begrudges her respect because seriously she is a one-woman planet-buster, or indication that she actually did something that eased tensions between the two factions of Chozo; or scenes that show the diversity of opinion among the Chozo about Samus and the civil war.

Aside from those two things, I love how the Chozo and Siafu are depicted, and I love the world-building that went into this, and I can't wait for the next update!
DrkVrtx chapter 29 . 9/12/2013
Had to smile at Svenson busting out of all those restraints like it was a stroll through the park. Not even going to ask how he did that; ignorance complements the beauty of the moment. But then...Angseth. Can't catch a break, can she? So will we see attempts by the good Captain Briar to tear into Weavel for failing to bring back his mate alive? Or will the Chozo intervene and save her life once again? I won't beg you for an update, but I'm very much looking forward to it. This story continues to impress.
ThatBum chapter 29 . 9/9/2013
Ah, and now we get into the new stuff. I'm one of the guys who followed the story from near the beginning, it's absolutely marvellous that it's made a comeback. Got to admit, was totally not expecting this turn of events. Can't wait to see what happens next and how Sam is portrayed. :P

Cheers!
DrkVrtx chapter 28 . 8/17/2013
Just managed to catch up...and boy, does everything seems to be going straight to hell. It's starting to look like a one-way trip for Angseth, and she appears to somehow have marked Weavel for a perhaps not so pleasant existence. That moment between them in the elevator was quite intriguing, wonder what exactly Weavel intends to finish.

Looking forward to what appears to be the impending endgame of 'Angseth', it's been a damn good ride thus far and I have no doubt that what's to come will be just as fulfilling an experience. Oh, and lastly, after all that ruckus Kanden generated...Penelope was just a plain ol' ship? You know, I ain't even mad.
Guest chapter 28 . 8/13/2013
Just when you're thinking Angseth's condition couldn't possibly get any worse. Looks like it'll be more a matter of coming back on her shield rather than with it at this rate. So looking forward to the eventual possibly confrontation(?) with Samus. Keep up the good work!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »