Reviews for One Last Waltz and Other Tales
The Fox Familiar chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
If you'll forgive my previous review, I must say this is an astounding piece of work. Not only that, but your other writings seem to be very good and well-written, even though they are in fandoms I do not know.

I truly hope you continue on with this. Dishonored needs some good stories and this is one of them.
The Fox Familiar chapter 2 . 2/11/2013
Hey! Reminds me of Africa!

Oh, and thanks so much for the white guilt.
Yoholic chapter 2 . 2/10/2013
Anime Borat chapter 2 . 2/7/2013
Your description of the life of Pandyssian slave is dead on, reminding about African slaves where brought to the Americas from the mid 15th to the mid 19th century and their treatment by their masters. Also the part where the Outisder appears evokes the fact that slave also brought with them their culture to the New World, giving rise to Voodoo and Santeria. And like the gods in the African pantheon, the Outsider is bound by no moral or ethical guidelines nor has written any for his followers. For example in Yoruban mythology the god Eshu says that "Bringing strife is my greatest joy" after tricking villagers into killing each other.
Anime Borat chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
This is so beautifully written, quite befitting of the Dishonored universe. By the way, I remember that the Lady Boyle mission was inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "Masque of Red Death"(and the rat plague as well), and I've just read it. It was a very good read, I tell you. Ending even mimics the climax of Poe story, but instead of a mere personification of Death by disease, we have a darker rendition of a Dumas hero(I likened Corvo to Edmond Dantes and d'Artagnan) with abilities granted by Lovecraftian entity and the end of the guests(if I read it right) is lot more grisly than that of Poe's story.
xDracoGenesisx chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I... wow. There are really no words for how brilliantly poetic this is. The entire metaphor takes the sheer horror of Dunwall and somehow makes it beautiful, though morbidly so. Fantastic work!
Razorsmile chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
No gunpowder, no treason but plenty of plot(s). Nicely done.
A nony mouse chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Absolutely astounding alliteration!
Lord Divestre Croft chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Yes, an absolutely superb addition to the Dishonored section. I have a weakness for prose.
mjajst chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
As always ES, your work never fails to impress. It was an exceptionally enjoyable Oneshot.