Reviews for Christmas Eve
sophie chapter 1 . 10/27/2014
Oh my lord this made me tesr up! Its beautiful 3
Faerie of Tara chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
Oh my gosh. I can barely see through my tears. That was really well- written and a great storyline. Quite sad, though. But really good. Fantastic job :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
*ugly sobbing* Oh God, I don't know why I torture myself with stories like this, but they're so good! I got attacked by the feels and protectiveness for baby!Kurt and Burt and omgtoast Mollie's letter and it all just added up into a big ball of emotions that bowled me over and then kept going with a piece of my heart. Congratulations on being the cause of my emotional trauma! :)
Revhead chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Oh my gosh, you actually made me cry. Tears rolling down my face and everything. That letter... Wow, so heartbreaking. Poor Burt and Kurt. At least they have each other...
14Dragonz14 chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
So cute. I love baby!kurt :P
Guest chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Oh My God. I teared up with the sad little sock & shed massive tears during the letter. So good.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Really nice story. I love the way you write little Kurt and his Daddy. Kurt's my favorite character on Glee and he's being dreadfully neglected this season, don't cha think? I need to hear more of his singing too. Thank you!
cilia-chan chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
*sobbing so hard I can't even Review* ... *still can't get a word out*... Love it!
Dani chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
Ugh...I can't believe you, why would you write this? It's such a beautiful story that it made me cry. And now I'm sitting in the library, looking like an idiot...
But seriously, thank you. It's a lovely story. So many feelings, and poor Burt. And all the generous minor characters just made it so much better.
trufflemores chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
Aww. This is absolutely precious.

It's so heartbreaking at the beginning when Burt doesn't even remember about Christmas until it's practically on top of him. (Quick note: I love that you fleshed out Burt's story during 'Glee, Actually' of their first Christmas after Mollie died. This is so perfect.) He's so wrapped up in his own grief - understandably - that he doesn't pause to consider that there's a holiday around the corner, and one that is very special to one little boy under his sole care. It's a good thing he saw Kurt's impromptu ornament; it would have been devastating if he hadn't. I can't even imagine the course that this story would have taken if he had simply gone to bed that night without another thought. It still made my heart ache when he came to the realization that he had almost forgotten about Christmas, and how even little Kurt didn't expect him to remember (his silence when they were in Burt's truck was absolutely heartbreaking; it really showed that he had prepared himself for the worst rather than clinging to hopes for something better).

Instead, there they are at a Christmas tree lot determined to pick out the right one. I love that Burt gives Kurt free reign rather than scooping up the nearest good-looking one he finds. It would make more sense as a critical thinker that they should take the first tree that they find, but I love that Burt does it differently. He lets Kurt have that extra freedom and the special privilege of picking out their Christmas tree. It turns a simple task into a much more meaningful one for Kurt. He's such a thoughtful little boy that of course he would take his time, and I'm not surprised that the employee was rather disgruntled by the time Burt was ready to pick their tree up. I loved that you included the flustered woman as well: it's so very realistic. Things just don't always go as you plan, and yet sometimes they work out, anyway, as it happened here. I especially loved that the employee gave the tree to Burt for free after the woman walked off to find another tree. It was a very pleasant thing to read, Burt being cut a break for once. It would have been so gut-wrenching for him to have to find Kurt and tell him that he would need to find another tree, and so I'm really happy that they were able to get the one that Kurt really wanted.

And Kurt's excitement back at home is adorable. I love that he just rushes off to grab the ornaments at Burt's command without a second thought. He knows where they all go on the tree, too, taking great care to place them to his liking. It brings him back out of his shell, just as hunting for a Christmas tree did, and I love that. This seems like the first time we really see Kurt happy again since Mollie's death, and that's a wonderful thing.

Burt definitely shows off his Father of the Year status here by calling up Ashley so he can go out to run some much-needed errands. I love how you developed that entire sequence: the urgency of Burt's task isn't lost anywhere, especially when he arrives at Lima's one and only Toys R Us with moments to spare. By getting his foot in the door, though, he's able to get presents and get checked out without issue, even though the few employees still around probably didn't appreciate it. The ring of truth that your stories have is phenomenal: not only do you fill in gaps between scenes during episodes beautifully, but you also capture these characters so beautifully as people. You genuinely bring them to life, and I love that about your stories.

I also thought the fact that Burt bought Oreos instead of a more traditional Christmas cookie was adorable. It reminds me of a two-panel comic that circulated on Tumblr a little while back where two aadvarks (Papa and baby, respectively) are talking about Christmas cookies when baby Aadvark asks why they're putting out ants for Santa. Papa Aadvark responds to baby Aadvark's inquiry ("I thought Santa liked Christmas cookies") with a simple, "No. He likes ants." The Santa theme in this was equally adorable, and I was definitely reminded of that dynamic here. I loved it. Papa bear Hummel and baby Kurt.

The ending was precious, and I loved the two of them reading Mollie's letter together. It was definitely a bittersweet moment, and you captured that perfectly through Mollie's words. It was the perfect way to get the point across to both of them that Christmas wouldn't be the same without her around because they had been a loving family, but at the same time, eventually they would be able to move past their grieving and move on to enjoying their lives fully without constantly feeling her loss.

Beautiful story. I loved it. Thank you for writing it.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Wow. That was just like so. Many. Damn. Feels... But It was also kind of incredible... I wish you wrote for glee!
bigbirdinthenest chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Dear Holy God I love your writing. This was so, so wonderful that I had to read it three times in a row. And I cried big, fat, monster tears each time. I love the way you write Burt and Kurt together, in this story and in all your others. You're such an amazing writer. Thanks for sharing.
Karleigh-Q chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
FEEEEEEELLLLLLLSSSSSS!
Damn you! So many feels!
EmeraldQuill394 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
gaaah caitliiin! i read this this morning on the bus. YOU MADE ME CRY ON THE BUS.

do you know the kind of looks you get when someone asks you if youre okay and then you reply 'noo, Burt forgot Christmas and kurt didnt say anything cause he's so precious and then he got a letter from his mommy and Burt mostly saved christmas and gaaaah'

ugh, i wish i was half as good a writer as you. its nor fair.
:( the feeeeeels!
SandySunday chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Dear Lord, Caitlin - you manage to make me tear up every time.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »