Reviews for Six Things Imoen Never Did After The Throne Of Bhaal, And One She Did
RudyHenkel chapter 1 . 1/21
Such a great story. I'm glad to have found this gem today; the different possibilities are all intriguing, though the last is the best. :)
wassersaeufer chapter 1 . 1/10
I must say, every of these options are really enticing to delve further into. But not only the ideas are good, I also think you have a knack for creating a special kind of athmosphere with every single part of this story... er, stories.

Every one reads a bit different, fitting the different Imoens, which makes this piece of work reall good. Otherwise, it would have been only good.

Concerning which of the options I like least, I must admit, is the canonical end. Which is funny because it is the most epic and most likely one. However, it is also a bit overdone, there is happening too much in my opinion, but then again, that had been decided by the programmers of the original game and not you.
On the contrary to that I think the best of these parts is the first one, with "Pink Crown and Rose" being a close second. The first one because in that version Imoen is the least Imoen-like, the second because it is just nice and cozy and has Edwin... a.
FloridaMagpie chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
What a beautifully chaotic piece of work! It's like reading a kaleidoscope. I'm still not sure I understood half of it, but I loved every second anyway. Well done!
Kateling chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
I love the concept behind this piece, although I might have presented each part as individual chapters. I like how different scenarios play on very different facets of Imoen's character - some playful, some compassionate, some tragic. I particularly enjoyed the "Lady of Treachery" vignette - I found this to be the best written, especially with the juxtaposition of those jaunty, shanty-style lyrics against the darker theme of the piece. Very sophisticated.

The weaving of those well-loved lines from the game "the abyss stares back at you" etc. etc. was nicely executed also. And I found "Spellhaunt" quite compelling. But as I said before, "Lady of Treachery" really made an impression. Imoen's character seemed far better developed, and it packed such an emotional bite that I actually left me feeling a little disappointed that the following vignettes - although interesting in their own right - didn't quite measure up to the first.

Nonetheless, nice job, and as always, lovely to see your work up here :)