Reviews for A Master Wordsmith
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
This was lovely little story. A taste of the behind the scene or in between bits. I did enjoy Kili and Bilbo's companionship. How they went from topic to topic and finding similar threads, that didn't involve weapons of skill. Topics such as home and family, childhood stories, and hobbies. Kili is darling dwarf, so full of life and cheer. I do believe he was just the person to help indirectly convince Bilbo to change his mind. Though I did like that little bit with Gandalf at the end.
Guest44 chapter 1 . 5/1/2015
What a wonderful little story. The Bag End scenes where my favorite of the entire Hobbit Trilogy and I would have loved to see this. It was very representational on how Bilbo and Kili were portrayed. Thanks.
Anon99 chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
I absolutely LOVED this. It was sweet, funny and so in character on how I see Kili and Bilbo, with a nod to Gandalf the master manipulator.
sierra.steinbrecher chapter 1 . 4/28/2015
Wordsmith indeed. Thanks for letting it be Kili and not Balin.
LisaG16 chapter 1 . 2/15/2015
very cute...love learning more about kili. :)
vampyfreak chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
Great fic!
Dale chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
This is lovely. I feel like it fits really well with both the book and movie versions of the story. Not only are the characters spot-on, but the way this was put in is really like a connecting block to show how and why Bilbo's thirst for adventure suddenly sparked. And so sweet that it was Kili who brought that on. I accept this head canon wholeheartedly. Also, the way you write is by far the closest in style to Tolkien's in the Hobbit. Elaborate but not too much, with a hint of sentimentality and introspection to boot. Well done!
PFChang'sChaiAppleCobblerIsYum chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
The Middle Earth version of Scrabble.
wrmbutnotworm chapter 1 . 11/16/2013
I can't put the reason into words (he, he, he), but I really liked this story a lot. I also love the game Scrabble- especially since it is the only game I can massacre my hub at.
wrm
mamita chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Hello, I liked your fic, I love Bilbo, is so cute, I love the couple KilixBilbo, is my favorite, if were up to me there would be more, lol, also in the movie Kili is the only that saves you, the one who cares for him, calling him Bilbo, and he's glad to see him go after this, even so I also love FilixBilbo and KilixBilboxFili couples, is another of my favorites, and although I also like ThorinxBilbo partner, is nothing compared with siblings DurinxBilbo, hopefully do more fics of them, keep it up, thank you and kisses.
Pergjithshme chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
AND THIS WAS FANTASTIC TOO
Crara chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Lovely little story in-keeping with the characters and the quaint style of The Hobbit :) I really enjoyed it and hope you have written more stories as I am about to check out your profile now! If you haven't...write some more like this please! :D
PhantomShield chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Okay that was funny. Although trying to keep up with their Scrabble game was a little hard. Sadly I've never played.
SamanthaBlue chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Oh, I loved this! Very heartwarming and well written. And Gandalf at the end was so perfect. Bravo!
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 2/23/2013