Reviews for Superman's Sorrow
Guest chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
I could see Clark/Superman killing himself over this. That would be more tragic than having Luthor or someone else kill him as he is off-guard and despondent after the death of Lois. Clark could kill Superman with gold kryptonite. Similar to where Superman killed himself in Whatever Happened to The Man of Tommorrow after he broke his vow to never kill anyone.
Coco chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
Oh my gosh! Okay, here's the thing... You're right, it *is* quite rough and really works as a superbly detailed plot-outline. If this thing were fleshed out and, maybe, some sort of sub-plot added where Clark was experiencing some sort of parallel storyline where he's preoccupied but thinking about Lois... This could be a really wrenching and gritty tale with the unfortunate but realistic ending. It makes me think of those kind of stories where some sort of dialog or event near the start of the story gets you thinking about the possible future outcomes, but then a main character changes everything through some benign action (Lois grossly underestimates the ruthlessness of a secret contact while executing an almost episodic scheme to uncover a co-worker's secret) and the story takes a sudden, unexpected and darkly twisted turn for the worst. In literature, it's fantastically unsettling, and I really think you should re-work this one. I especially love the inclusion of the ever-faithful and under-used Jimmy Olsen - I always feel that, when written right, the Daily Planet staff lend incredible human heart to Superman stories. I always love when Jimmy and Perry are likable and endearing; I think your Jimmy-angst was some of the best parts of the story.
Anyhoo, short and (sorry) lacking as it was, this story has really good potential, and I'd really love to see it re-booted.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
The stroy needs another chapter. When Clark flies off not caring if anyone sees him someone does. A criminal. A few weeks later a despondent Clark flies on his patrol. He is not paying attention because of his grief. His guard is down. He fkies to a rescue not scanning for kryptonite. But there is kryptonite and the criminal who saw Clark fly. He fires a single kryptonite bullet at Superman. Killing him. The tradgedy is complete. Lois and Clark are dead.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
Interesting premise. Looking forward to how this plays out.

Yes, Lois is making a crazy mistake and ultimately a fatal one. Given this is tradgedy rated.

The crook you know is a mole for Luthor. Once Luthor gets the information about Clark being Superman he will kill Superman and/or lois. Likely both.

A romance blooms only to have Lois killed and Clark done in by a sniper and a dozen K bullets as he lands behind his apartment after an evening patrol. Just one possibility but this sin't going to have a happy ending.
Andi chapter 3 . 1/7/2013
Wow...I feel sorry for Clark, but I have no sympathy for Lois as her irresponsible actions led to her death...stupidly going to a known criminal to make a deal in order to unmask Superman?! Really?! If that was the intent behind your writing, you succeeded; it doesn't leave me wanting to read more.