Reviews for It Can Be Cruel Sometimes
Anon chapter 1 . 2/16/2014
This is the greatest fanfiction on the Back to the Future archive.
just a visitor chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
I WAS AWED! This is some wonderful piece of writing and a good point too, about he actually misses his previous life, flaws and all.

"You died the moment you first went back in time, and a butterfly flapped its wings that otherwise would not have. You're nothing more than a ghost with lingering memories of a non-existent world, haunting the teenage boy whose home this really is."

You made my childhood's light-hearted comedy something beautiful and deep and wonderful and I thank you for that. Amazing!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Aww, the ending was cute :)
I like how you say that Jennifer's appearance changed because of the past being altered, it's an interesting way to look at it.
I'm looking forward to more of your work :D
Jellyhair chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
This is written perfectly. I absolutely love this story, it's just brilliant, all of it. You wrote Marty exactly right, this is a wonderful piece of fanfiction.
EmmettMcFly55 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Interesting story. You present Marty's changing memories as something more frightening than it's usually presented as. I'm not sure if George would take Marty's writings seriously, but I suppose you've got a point in that he is a science fiction writer, one who saw 'Darth Vader' and took it for real, so he might have gotten a hint of the truth by this rather than dismissing it instantly. A few questions, though:

1. What happened to Doc? Well, you mentioned he's in the past, but does he ever visit Marty?
2. I suppose you could dismiss the last scene of the first movie, with Claudia Wells Jennifer, as non-canon and being 'overwritten' by the first scene of the second movie with Elizabeth Shue Jennifer, but even so, wouldn't Marty have noticed the change right away and reacted differently? Or is that just a case of memories and instincts of the Lone Pine timeline flowing into him even that early?
3. If Marty's bed sheets were a different colour, wouldn't he have noticed when he went to bed in the evening and got off it in the morning during Part I? I suppose he would've been exhausted, but even so... unless, of course, those are just other bed sheets that wouldn't have been on the bed anyway in either timeline (I can't really remember what Marty's bed sheets looked like in the movie right now, but I think they were the same).

Anyway, good story. It's been a while since you wrote something, isn't it?
BTRlove198913 chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
This is the first back to the future fict. I have read and i really like it. My boyfriend really got me into back to the future. I use to not like it that much. But now i am like starting to get a bit obessed with it.
HyperCaz chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
As always, your depth and unique view on BTTF have resulted in an excellent piece. What I really loved was the ending... it was beautiful. Insta-fav!