Reviews for Mentor
Crow's Talon chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
The saying "For want of a nail..." comes to mind reading this story. I was glad to see Pigeon, too - I don't see him very often in fanfic.

This was a very interesting piece, and explores an intriguing possibility for both Pigeon and Crane. Crane himself seems quite shocked to see someone being nice to him here, but his quiet thanks has a lot of characterization in it. He's not a person who's been treated kindly, and he does seem grateful for Pigeon's gesture in his own way. The writing itself is fluid and excellently done.

Pigeon inviting Crane out for a drink is a nice touch, too - Crane here's a very quiet person, if getting bolder, and this is presumably one of the first times he's been invited to anything social. The implications of this AU are very interesting for both characters - since Pigeon stood up for Crane here and seems to have befriended him, Crane would presumably have no reason to be angry at and target him the way he does in Scarecrow: Year One, and so Pigeon would remain alive. For his part, since Crane keeps his job here (and makes a friend), he may never snap and become the Scarecrow.

Great job - I really liked this piece.