Reviews for Grace
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Dark but lovely.
antra chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Such a sad story but Tom also finds a bit of hope, a way to get through this. Really a moving piece and fits perfectly in your 'verse
beautyofsorrow chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
"And didn't that insight just sum up Thomas Eugene Paris? Philosophical, practical and cynical, all in one nice and tidy package. He could even cite – if not always exactly apply - the rules. Some day, somebody might appreciate all that. Probably not today, though."

"Macintosh gave a smirk; whether it was in satisfaction at his own wit or out of embarrassment that he might be seen to care about an inmate's welfare (or to take note of his physical appearance), Tom wouldn't hazard to guess. Probably the first."

There are... so many things that touch me in this story, that make me ache and long to soothe away the hurt of everyone who feels as Tom does. It would take all night and a day to tell you everything that opened my eyes and how, but, fortunately, I don't have the words. Even if I did, they would be garbled into unreadability. So I will stick with quoting the above passages, and then... this one.

"His father's secretary and Paris family factotum, who at some point during Tom's early teens had given up any pretense that notes and gifts sent to the Admiral's children for birthdays and holidays had actually come from the Great Man himself. Instead, she had made it her personal mission to prove to young Tommy and his sisters that yes, Starfleet did care about its young, if only by proxy, and that the Admiralty did have a human face, if only in the people who served on its periphery. Notes, smiles, comms; congratulations for small achievements; acknowledgements of family milestones; reminders of important occasions - Nicole provided them all."

Of all the things that I have read in fanfiction, I think that this one is the most true in regards to the "real life" we seek to escape. I cannot tell you how deeply this paragraph touches me. I fear I'd be here the rest of my life.

Thank you. Thank you so very much.
winjan chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
This is a little bit sad piece, but I am really impressed by Tom's behavior and inner restraints showed up here. Nicole is such comfort figure for Tom
19 | « Prev Page 1 2