Reviews for Distraction
ect18 chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Love this story! Very good you should write more!
Toodleoo chapter 1 . 12/5/2013
Ha! I love Ginny putting Draco in his place. You nail her character here.
yuuram2fangirl chapter 1 . 11/29/2013
This is one of the good Draco/Ginny stories that I have read. :D
LakiaSilver chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
:) I really liked this story, I honestly wish there was more, but I would have to say I love how she took advantage of Draco even though she was originally trying to avoid him. It just show's her personality, in my opinion, perfectly. She's still that somewhat shy girl but when she's determined she wont let anything stop her. I Favorited this story so I can read it over and over, also in mild hopes that it might continue :P
Guest Review chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
Really?

It's actually not bad, since it covers stuff that J.K. Rowling didn't really explain, like how Ginny managed to win with a fairly decent broom against Slytherin's ace brooms (N.2002). But you could always go into detail how she lured him away from the snitch and then caught it herself.

However, I don't really think she would have kissed him. Ginny doesn't strike me as that type of person.

Still, not bad. You could expand and create a longer story from here.

Keep up the good work!
JeffersonStar chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
Never thought I'd enjoy a Draco/Ginny fic... thanks for proving me wrong! This was brilliant :D
TayNeyNey chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Keeping my word here and wow, you have nothing to be envious of. I loved this short story. It flows so well with the action of the game while still keeping the focus, and I love how you portrayed Ginny. So often, she is completely fearless but I've always seen her as more reckless. It isn't that she doesn't get nervous, but that she is impulsive. You show that wonderfully. Your portrayal of Draco is also refreshing. He is so clearly a teenage boy (something I think people often forget) in his reaction, from his initial attraction to Ginny to his embarrassment at the kiss. I loved some of the phrases (ex: "with a smirk that should have been on his face"). Overall, it was just an enjoyable short read. I definitely think you could pursue writing these characters.
unspeakable49 chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
I've read this one before. I think it's good, especially the way you conveyed Draco's hurt at the end. I personally don't ship Ginny/Draco though. But for the sake of a story, I think continuing from here would give you a good plot.
Dny Schr-Mlln Shtlnd chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
Love it! Incredibly put together. There is such a strong representation of voice from both of the characters even just through small gestures. The whole scene is structure beautifully and you never lose pieces. It takes a lot to be able to make such a full scene with a strong plot and keep it so short. You definitely kept it to the story, which is amazing! I know, for me at least, that not adding details that distract from the plot line is a really hard task. I love the dynamic between Draco and Ginny, it really gives way to so much more possibility. For me, I like to have that sort of openness to almost write my own side pieces, y'know? All around I think this is amazing, if this is any suggestion at your other work, I can't wait to read it.
CubbyIsMyPatronus chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
I don't ship Draco and Ginny, but the way this was written appeals to both shippers and non-shippers.

The writing style is descriptive but not repetitive.

I'm wondering, though: did anyone see Ginny kiss Draco? The audience acts as though they don't, but these Quidditch games are a big deal at Hogwarts. Surely someone was paying close enough attention to the Seekers?

Overall, you can probably see that I'm gushing in admiration of this story, and I must just say that I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you'd ever continue with this story, I'd love to see the event from Draco's point of view. Or a sequel.
harrykissedher chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Aw! I'm not a huge fan of this ship but that was adorable! The end was great. Good job; I really like this one.
ShipsFromHell chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
As a Ginny Weasley fan, I believe that you write her rather well. She is a bold character through and through and you did a banged up job portraying her! I really enjoyed it.
ifithasapulse chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
The ending left an interesting premonition on what's to come next. And I like how you characterized them. It gave good insight into their characters.
Queen of Night chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Yeah! Girl knows how to win!
LittleRedLily chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Not really up my street, but still a beautifully well-written fic. You apply a lot of your knowledge of the series into your fics. And, once again, there's a lot of depth in your writing.