Reviews for Broken Ties, Broken Time
Emzieluvsbooks chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Oh, you made me cry at the end of that chapter. I wanted to go and comfort Mike so bad. This story shows how observant children can be, even when adults aren't.

You have a beautiful way of writing that has made itself evident in all of your broken stories that I have read so far. It all just flows and it makes me feel as though I am there with the characters. Going to read the next one now
ploring chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I almost cried for little Michael. You are 3 for 3...another wonderful Stoker story!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I was the one who pointed out the mistakes and I just want to tell you thank you for not erupting at me and taking my head off for me, I wish more writers had that kind of open-minded attitude towards constructive criticism. So my extremely impressed kudos to you, you acted very maturely and respectfully and that right there earns high marks in my eyes! I will be staying tuned to this series to see where you take it because I admit I'm intrigued, this is definitely a story idea that has not been done on this site before and you're doing very well with it so far. You've got a good strong plot and nicely written characters so please keep up the good work! :)
Ginger S chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Wow! this glimpse inside the distraught mind of a lost soul leaves me without words. . .so very sad.

It is hard to place yourself in an era and stay true to it in writing. Kudos to you for your open minded response to a truely constructive review and to the reviewer for presenting the situation in a positive light.

I love this series. Hope you have more additions.
Esmarias chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
To the guest reviewer:

Thank you for pointing those errors out to me, and especially for doing it in such a kind way. I have (or at least tried to) fixed my mistakes and hopefully the changes will soon be publicly viewable. Thanks for reading and offering sound concrit - I apreciate it. :)

Esmarias
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Cool series but there's a rather gaping glitch I have spotted. If this is taking place during Mike's childhood, the era would be in the 1950's, right? So his father, Richard, his childhood in this story would be in the 1920's to 1930's, right? And if this is Richard's reminisce of his childhood, there lies the problem.

Television definitely did NOT exist in the 1920s or 1930s, it didn't come out until the 1940s. Even then it was really expensive and very few families had a tv set.

Also, school shootings in that era were extremely, and I do mean extremely, rare. Mass killings and that kind of violence was largely unheard of in that time. And the way I read the story, the police responded as SWAT and in that era, there were no SWAT teams or special response teams, those kinds of groups were not formed until the 1960s or so.

Sorry to point these issues out and probably no one will notice it besides me, but I thought I'd let you know, just in case you wanted to make any kind of a fix.
51Dreaming chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
wow, great! You have a way with language. I was right there in the story.

Looking forward to the next installment.
Laughing Librarian chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
That was gut-wrenching. It makes me want to run to Mike and comfort him. Well done, even if it did break my heart.
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I'm not saying I want you to, but, hon, you certainly didn't pull your punches on this one. Well done.