Reviews for Lifespan
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I just had to say, that was fantastic! How you portrayed the characters and described their thought process was truly a marvel. I still really dislike Bill Hawkes (how can covering up the incessant not be deliberate), but you portrayed both sides fairly. Mentioning Flora and Clive in the Professor's life deserves bonus points as well! Keep it up!
lemerly chapter 1 . 8/25/2013
ooo bill you evil son of a b***h! he didn't even say sorry. i could imagine a fist fight happening there! really good keep up the good work!
The Last Sea Serpent chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
I'm willing to bet that Caroline only married Bill for his money. What do you guys all think?
Child at Heart Forever chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
...and after reading this, I no longer habor an unbridled hatred for Bill Hawks. Just a slight dislike.

I absolutely love your take on this confrontation- very, very Laytonesque. :)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I'm glad you wrote this, I thought I was the only one who couldn't hate Hawks for what he did, and that he's a human that makes mistakes. It was really well written too, just like all your other stories.
Abitat Eco the Azran chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Great job! All of the characters were pictured perfectly and I like the little twist on Caroline's personality. Great job again! Keep up the brill work! XD XD XD XD
ObsessedwithBirds chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Awesome. I think you pictured Layton well. :)
Victoria-White-Cat chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
I feel sorry for Caroline to be married to that old potato. I know this was meant to make us feel all sorry for Bill Hawks but it just made me hate him more :)
xxLaytonAscotxx chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
What a touching story. Still I would have like Bill to recieve his comeuppance. As the head scientist he should have listened to Dimitri and try to properly assess the risks. Cor I sure do hate Bill Hawks.
The Mocking J chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Thanks for taking the time to write this :)
I have always wanted to see a fic of this subject. Its ironic how Bill "confronted" Layton at one point... You portrayed the professor's manner when he was speaking with Bill perfectly. First imagined Layton would loose his cool- even just slightly- and start reproaching Bill for the heinous crimes he'd commited. But now I agree veiled criticism and keeping acrid comments to himself is much more Layton's style. I like how you included that bit about Clive at the end and how you showed Caroline in a more positive light (she doesn't seem so bad now).
"Humans were not creatures who could be categorised as good or evil so easily. Everyone had a bit of both. Even Bill Hawks." Truer words have never been said... or typed in this case!
-MJ