Reviews for Death Isn't All It's Cracked Up To Be
Bronze chapter 4 . 5/7
Yeah, this is the story I remembered except, I don't think at the time it was finished. I don't remember anything about the Church of Harry Potter, Satan joining his family nor most of the stuff in the last chapter or two. I do remember Vernon and family taking care of Harry's garden though. Adding those parts I don't remember to what I do has mage this even funnier then I remembered it as being. I'm so glad I found this and reread it again. Thanks for writing and posting this.
Bronze chapter 1 . 5/6
This spell sounds very much like it came from one of your long ago stories. Harry did a spell or hex or jinx or charm, something that tore both out of their bodies and sent them to hell. Of course Tom was dragged off to be punished in someway, while Harry worked to plant a flower garden in hell of all places! I thought it a riot when Vernon was brought down along with Petunia and told they would be caring for ALL the plants in Harry's garden forever more. I really enjoyed reading it.
alix33 chapter 4 . 2/20
I didn’t know quiet was one of the available volume settings for squeeing either.
“Patil twins’ waists”, not “Patil twins waists”.
I laughed like a drain at the mental pic of Severus Snape folding his clothes so neatly before having sex, just like Mark Darcy in the Bridget Jones diary fandom.
And at the Church of Harry Potter having been founded in Hogsmeade.
And at Harry and Pan’s greetings to one another.
I adored that horrid pun Sirius made.
“favourite pastime”, not “favourite past-time”.
alix33 chapter 3 . 2/20
I chuckled quietly under my breath (as the open plan office still has some of my colleagues in it and only one of them have read the Harry Potter books and I doubt she knows what Harry Potter fanfiction is) at Jesus saying “Well, three days is traditional” in Harry’s mind.
What an utterly pretty engagement ring Tonks is getting.
Hermione’s is pretty too, especially since the emerald matches the colour of Harry’s eyes.
I loved the rant Harry directed at that rule- and bureaucracy-loving ponce Percy Weasley.
I like Ganesha too, especially because the elephant, his one avatar, is my favourite wild animal. I like African elephants (there are savannah and forest and desert subspecies that I know of, maybe even more) quite a bit more than I do Asian elephants, but I like all species of elephant.
“Pure-blood/s” should be hyphenated.
As should “Muggle-born/s”.
alix33 chapter 2 . 2/20
I like it that Harry seems to cause the demons in wherever they are pain.
Which tunes are Harry whistling and humming?
I’m amused something horrid at some of the implications of Satan being female. What the hell (pun very much intended) does she do to rapists, men who sexually harass other people and child molesters?
AW! I’m so glad us readers but especially Harry got to see Sirius again, since we’re still eavesdropping on the neutral Greco-Roman afterlife.
Harry apologising to Jesus for swearing about Snape amused me something horrid.
And I was even more amused by Harry inadvertently teaching Jesus a new and (in Jesus’ opinion) interesting sounding phrase.
Satan crying at Harry and his parents’ reuniting was a surprise.
AW! At the first animagus form Harry chose.
alix33 chapter 1 . 2/19
I loved Harry telling Dumbles to his manipulative face “Neither of us received the training necessary”.
And I love the mental pic of every Order at that meeting looking horrified at Harry saying of the elder Dursleys that they’d much rather see him (Harry) dead.
I loved, loved, loved “The Dursleys can be invited to the party that Severus will throw when I’m gone”.
I loved, loved, loved “By not insisting that I at least be raised with a knowledge of the wizarding world, you crippled me. By not teaching me intensively once I was in the wizarding world, you signed my death warrant. It’s as simple as that” out of Harry’s mouth at Dumbles.
I loved, loved, loved “I’ll leave to let Severus spend the next 20 minutes or so bitching about me” out of Harry’s mouth because Snape can’t deny that: it’s the God’s honest truth!
I loved every syllable of Harry’s snarled rant at Ginny.
senawario chapter 1 . 4/27/2017
awesome story! I'm keeping a copy around to read at regular intervals!
jon reeve chapter 4 . 1/24/2017
Wait, he apologizes to Snape, and Snape gets to lay with the Greengrass? He doesn't even get a return apology. I call foul.
King of the Souls chapter 4 . 11/24/2016
this story is amazing.
Jimbocous chapter 4 . 9/21/2016
Good grins, and nicely done!
gbakermatson chapter 2 . 8/25/2016
"Mummy? Daddy?"
Tears. So many tears.
andyjhorton chapter 4 . 2/18/2016
i usually like more action in the storys and less "Harem" but this one was like the longest epologue ive ever read, lots of jokes and fun. Im glad i read it.
thebetawholived chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
Interesting start to a story, with a focused and practical Harry.
thisrandomdude chapter 4 . 12/30/2014
OMFG, this is awesome! I was in stitches trough the entiry story. there is one thing i can only dream of: the sex scenes all written out. anyway, thankx for a awesome story
Zedaar chapter 4 . 12/28/2014
Nice fun fic, although I was half expecting James to ask Severus to pass on a 'message' to Remus from them all. Snape's reaction would have been priceless.