Reviews for A Mummy for Norbert
ReadingStar chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
That was so sweet! I was totally into it... Please write a bit more on how Hagrid feels after Norbert goes...
jack63kids chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Not three words that you would immediately associate with bringing up a dragon, but you seem to have managed it seamlessly. Charming little tale, rather sad knowing, as we do, how it ends.
berniegirl13 chapter 1 . 4/22/2013
Really love it...Hagrid is adorable with baby norbert! Little short, but thats ok. you really captured hagrids sweetness, and tenderness. i love how even though he is big and burly, he can still be a great parent.
thanks fr your entry! (results up today!)
Lil'MissChris chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Oh wow! I coo'ed at the end haha. The reason I wanted to read this story because I adore Hagrid and he has such a big heart. This certainly was a heartwarming and fluffy story!

Hagrid loves all of his creatures and it's very sweet to think of this big burly man being such a maternal figure. It really is sad that he couldn't keep her in the long run, but at least she went to a good home.

I really have no complaints about the plot at all. Hagrid's speech was perfect, his thoughts about his dragon were spot on, and you showed just how much he truly cared about Norbert(a). Norbert's reactions were great, the hiccups, the sneeze, all very dragon like!

The only real criticism was that I'm not a fan parenthesis, I'd have preferred the flashback to be italicized with a line of it's own, but that's just me, and even that's asking me to nit-pick unnecessarily.

Easily one of the best Hagrid one-shot/drabbles that I've read!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Nice job! I think Hagrid makes a great mom :D
Reading fairytales to Norbert just seems like something Hagrid would do, and I loved the ending sentence. My favorite part was the line "Maybe Harry didn't realize that some things were more important than houses," because it shows how much Hagrid cares about Norbert.
Speaking of which, I noticed you had a similar line in the first paragraph ("Some things were more precious that a slip of the tongue, after all.") Did you do that on purpose? It would be awesome if you did, because I love continuity!
Great job, you write Hagrid really well!
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Hagrid has such a good heart, especially when it comes to 'unusual' creatures. Such a shame he couldn't keep his pet Norbert, or rather Norberta (as I believe it turned out to be the case). But she found a good home with Charlie Weasley in Romania.

In my part written and as yet unposted crossover story called The Rescue, Norberta (who having been hand reared is extraordinarily tame, well by dragon standards anyway) and Charlie who can actually ride her pay a visit to Panem and 'encourage' President Snow to change his ways. :o)

I loved this, gently comic, heartwarming and well written as ever.
Many Blessings.