Reviews for Close
WishingDreamer5 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
Wow, that's really interesting and original! The fact that she knew what she was doing all along... I should've read this sooner. Great job, as usual.
Boohbear19 chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Wow...very sad but good! :)
Oriondruid chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
A well used concept, so not innovative, but a well enough done version, well written and observed. I think that the idea of Foxface committing suicide is right, sad but true. She was far too clever to have made such a silly error, sadly too clever for her own good. By living alone on her wits once the Career's stash was destroyed she was inevitably in trouble, since she no longer could steal their supplies.

Having no allies meant she would be assailed by all sides without any hope of winning even if she was not actively hunted by Katniss and Peeta. And would they have killed her had they the chance? I doubt it, for one thing Katniss admires her intelligence and neither she nor Peeta are not natural cold blooded murderers. But if not then how would the 74th Games have ended?

One thing's certain, that in any case Cato would have killed her on sight unless she had allies, and in his semi-deranged state over loosing Clove her death at his hands might have been terrible indeed.

Poor girl, I always felt for her, alone she had no chance no matter how bright she was. This version of her story was well written, but as I said it's hard to write any more 'canon' stories about her death because it is, as the District 12 people might say, a pretty much 'mined out' seam.

Only an AU story about her is really going to be innovative, such as the scenario I suggested above, an encounter between Katniss, Peeta and Foxface, maybe as she is getting the berries to kill herself. Would they kill her and if not what would happen? I offer this idea to any fellow Foxface admirers out there.

Many Blessings.