Reviews for Martyred
TheOneThatIsAddictedToHPfics chapter 4 . 8/2/2007
a word of thanks chapter 4 . 10/19/2005
I've just been reading all of your Stargate fics today. They're really great. You are an amazing writer.

I wanted to mention one thing.

Thank you for spelling Shauri's name right. Well almost right, but that's about as close as I've seen here. Sometimes I wonder if *anyone* here watched the movie. At all. Her name was not Shar're. It was Shauri. The subtitles spelled it Shauri. Her brother and Daniel *said* "Sha-OR-ree." I have no idea why her name suddenly changed from the movie to the show. But it has bothered me constantly through the series. At least as much as it has bothered me that they changed Ra (and his kind - which shouldn't have existed) from an alien of light, which we clearly saw in the movie, to a worm. Gah.

Anyway, thanks for making the effort to stay true to the original. It warms my heart.
Shimagami chapter 4 . 5/16/2004
I would have chickened out too. That man has died one two many times and he doesn't need any help from fan-fics.
And just some advice... stay away from soap-operas... they scare the crap out of me (along with half of this worlds population.)
Nice job!
Reasonably crazy chapter 4 . 4/30/2003
Yay! Daniel lives! again! Por Daniel.. Everything happens to him!
Keemew2 chapter 4 . 10/19/2002
Anybody huh? Okay. Challenge. Bring Shar-ei back. Bring Daniel back, AGAIN. When I finish getting the facts of Daniels recent Asencion that is so what I'm doing. Let's see how well you do on this. My mom used to watch days of our lives. They brought Marleina back to life by using her twin sister as the real person who died only because they picketed the directors and stuff. (I am so SICK of soap operas!)

I have to say this. I love you. You are one of the few poeple who really understand my Dan-chan. Just a few hours ago when SG-1 was on (the one where the geeks save SG-1) I asked my dad why he thought they took Daniel off permanently. First I asked him if he thought Daniel was the most expendable one. His answer? Yes. I mentioned that I thoiught he was very improtant and I mentioned why. One of the reasons I mentioned was cause he was the 'socialbe' one. He said that was why they took him off. More misunderstandings means more action.

You are amzing. You describe everything perfectly. Such in depth thoughts. I love that stuff. I hate my mom. Thanks to her and her lifetime movies all I am ever able to write are the dramatic stuff! Anyway. Like I said. I loved this. You explained Dan-chan PERFECTLY!

Okay, it is 2:42 AM, Oct. 19, 2002, Saturday. If your wondering about the babble you can use that as your reason. I don't usually stay up this late. I should really go now.

Ja ne, I mean bye. (sorry, too much anime)
Kits chapter 4 . 10/15/2002
I love this fic! It is sooo good! You caught everyone perfectly. My favorite (though I doubted it would be at first) was actually Carter. We don't really see much in-depth angst over the big guy. I mean, yeah sure, we get the "I'm a loser cuz you died but hey you're not really dead but I'm still a loser" persona, but you captured him beautifully. He thinks he's a failure still, but he also observes. I mean, he's quiet, and you figure he's gotta be thinking something, so he would be observant. The piece about "the only word to describe it would be hollow" and Jack not being able to get over it were awesome, and very very moving. I just loved it.

P.S. I'm glad you're a sucker for a happy ending-so am I! *Grinz*
Bil chapter 4 . 10/3/2002
I enjoyed that very much. And you even managed to bring him back from being vapourised! Now *that* is impressive. You write very well for these characters - the odd sentence of Teal'c's seemed a little skewiff, but nothing major.

Very well done. Thanks.
wanderingwidget chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
Well, well, well.

Certainly am glad Dannyboy's still with us.

Kudos on the psychological whumping.

Maybe I should start watching soap operas.

Really liked it. Good job. :)
Sethoz chapter 3 . 9/19/2002
wow, this is so brilent Layton. *sniff* And so sad! Really makes ya think you know? Anyway, I can't wait to see how you bring him back, 'cos the no body thing must be a problem.
boco72 chapter 1 . 9/16/2002

Great story so far. I'm glad you decided to add Sam's point of view. I thought your portrayl of the characters was very well done. You can practically see Jack/Sam sitting in their office/lab thinking about Daniel. I'm looking forward to reading your next installments, especially Teal'c.
Teri chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
Right on the money! Perfect, just the way Daniel should have gone. Jack's perspective is wonderful. Thank you!
LIN chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
Wow, look what youv'e gone and done, youv'e made me cry!

That was beautiful...THANKYOU!