Reviews for nine2five 1,12 Bits & Pieces
anthropocene chapter 4 . 12/18/2014
Now that was a chapter to savor. Very nicely done! I'm a little sorry that in your AU Chuck himself wasn't the one to tell Morgan he's a spy, but that was a small price to pay for the Casey-Morgan banter that followed. Welcome to Team Carmichael, little buddy.
Loved the avenging dark angel Sarah. Like Phase Three and then some! Next chapter's gonna be fun!
anthropocene chapter 3 . 12/18/2014
Thank you for reassuring us by reminding us who the most important people are in Chuck's and Sarah's lives. Sarah's confession to killing Mrs. Shaw wasn't a surprise after the fake wood-grain scene last chapter, though I'm still wondering why Beckman as good as ordered her to come clean to Chuck.
I like your montage of scenes from Final Exam and Other Guy and look forward to seeing how those settle out.
anthropocene chapter 2 . 12/18/2014
"Get a husband, lose a best friend?" Did not expect to read words like that coming from Sarah. So what's up with her? Guess I will find out...I think!
anthropocene chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Interesting that General Beckman and Ellie seem to be reaching a level of mutual respect and communication that Chuck didn't earn so quickly. Perhaps the MD/PhD credentials have something to do with that?
Perhaps Carina would be gratified to know that Sarah's out trying to help her, but Chuck will definitely be glad to be reunited with Sarah now that he's awake.
Heinrich, eh? Oh, those Germans... ;-)
Molotov chapter 4 . 5/10/2014
Holy fuck. This chapter was INTENSE! And so very, very good.
Molotov chapter 3 . 5/10/2014
What the fudge.
Dsn246 chapter 4 . 3/19/2014
This has been my favorite episode so far, with all the chasing and action.
resaw chapter 4 . 8/25/2013
I really liked this episode. Your 4th chapter, in particular, tied a lot together. I also thought that you really conveyed the voice and personality of Sarah, Casey and Carina well in the final paragraphs. Carina's joy at seeing Sarah in full-on spy mode again was great, as was Casey's admonishment of Carina earlier concerning her lament that Sarah had been turned into a hausfrau. Really well done. Thank you.
ProjectOrion chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
All fear the wrath of the Giant Blonde Shemale!
garnetflint chapter 4 . 4/18/2013
Not the plot is bubbling nicely. And Morgan knows!. I haven't forgotten that Alex McHugh is around somewhere and so is Alex Coburn.
ChuckFanForever chapter 2 . 1/21/2013
Marc, I want you to know I found this chapter (4) so moving, especially Sarah in full beserker rage mode, that I can't get enough of that part of the story out of my head! Apparently we can't review a chapter more than once, so i used ch2 this time. I keep going back and re-reading it and I can't help but re-imagine the scene as follows (if this were a scifi flick): Sarah is confronted with the heavily fortified security door, she throws a couple punches, inflicting bulging dents on the other side. With a final massive blow, the hinges finally buckle! Sarah grabs the edge, slowly peeling the steel door back as if it were made of plastic and not metal, revealing herself to a shocked Casey and Carina inside. The first thing they notice is the fiery red eyes of Sarah and in an instant she pounces at Carina, making the distance between the two doors in a single leap, only to bounce off the glass, flip in midair and land on her feet with one knee down. I must have been reading too many comic books!

The fabulous imagery I noticed on re-reads: Sarah getting as close to the glass door as she could without being inside. The 'pickoncarinaday' hashtag which seems to be the theme of this arc. Too much else to mention without having the passage next to me as I comment (reading this on a mobile)! Just simply fabulous!
KryptonitePoison chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
This was really good. Sarah wanted to kill Carina. If Casey hadn't locked her up, she probably would have. That probably would have been a mistake because Carina might know where Chuck is. Sarah cutting her hand and putting the blood on the glass and her threat to Carina was scary. Since Carmichael is supposed to be such a badass, I don't think we have to worry to much about Chuck. Plus Sarah will kick their asses. Thanks for the update.
Sudden Radiance chapter 4 . 1/20/2013
Definitely worth the wait Marc! I hope this was as much fun to write as it was to read! You've been building this story arc to this very climactic moment! Carina has really changed the landscape for Chuck and Sarah. With Chuck's rescue, in order to regain some sense of a normal life, at the very least, this particular Ring cell has to come down or perhaps the entire Ring organization. There's many high notes in this chapter, but what I like best is how you handled the isolation of Carina with all of the characters, including Carina. Though somewhat a victim of circumstance, she has risked everything to test Sarah's loyalty. I really like Casey's summation of it all, the bigger pond idea. Very eloquent! For Carina's sake, let's hope Casey doesn't have to open the door as he suggests at the end. Lastly, I also have to comment on Sarah. Shredding the van to get out is classic Sarah! Amusing but also poignant! Going forward, when the dust settles on this threat, I'd like to see Chuck and Sarah sort through this series of events, to see them talk about their fears, pain, relief, and what the experience means moving forward with their lives. Seeing such moments is always inspiring!

Thank you for the fabulous bit of writing here Marc. Now it's time to rescue Chuck! As usual, more please!
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
What a perfect Trap! Morgan inadvertently sprung! Carina will have to answer for much! I loved how Sarah was locked in the van! Too Funny. I loved what Casey did to protect Carina! I loved the woman in love in a full hurricane mode when that love was captured. Please continue.
Arya's prayers chapter 4 . 1/19/2013
Great chapter, especially the wrath of Sarah.

But my favorite part was this:
"You're the one who wanted to surround her with small things and tell her how big she was!"

Just a really clever turn of phrase and applicable to so many people you may meet in real life.

Nicely done