Reviews for The Wings of an Angel
randomplotbunny chapter 2 . 1/1
So sad but so beautiful.
Sara chapter 2 . 12/6/2013
Both story's you wrote made me cry. They are so Beautiful . I lost my baby sister to cancer, she had just had a baby girl. And your story hits close to home. You are a great writer don't ever stop.
zentry chapter 2 . 7/5/2013
T.T
Naruto-junky chapter 2 . 3/30/2013
I cried when Tim gave Tia the picture of her mother as an angel. This is a bitter sweet story that I know I will read again and again.
musme chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
I love it!
loveinuyashatoshiro chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
great
astragail chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
Awesome chapter. Yes very much of a tissue needed. you have done a great job!
Guest chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
OH MY GOSH "SLAVE OF MY HEART"? YES ABSOLUTELY! This is still a terrific story by the way I like the way you are showing the mourning for Tim & Tiana. It is lovely.
ClioUrania chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
So sad & sweet! Losing your mother at any age is difficult, but much more so when you don't understand what death is. I'm glad that the rest of the team is letting Tim & Tia have a little bit of time to come to grips with everything first. I can see Tony stepping up to help Tia because he lost his mother at a very young age, just like her. I've got a question tho. What about Tim's family? I can see Penny & Sarah stepping in to help them grieve, but what about mom & dad? If his relationship with his dad is as bad as I think it is, Tim wouldn't get any support there. As for the new chap for 'Slave of my Heart'? YES! YES! A thousand times YES! Hopefully, it won't be too much longer & you'll get back to 'Laboring to Love' & 'Impressions' as well. Please! Pretty please?
Sprig chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
god that really killed me with tears. Tim's really good with his daughter. i always thought he would make a good father because of all of them, he really is one with the biggest heart of them all. so Gibbs, go get ur man!
DS2010 chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
Well done on little Tiana dealing with her moms passing.
skbcoke chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
Beautiful!
alix33 chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
"Tim. Now put on a pot of coffee and I'll see you in a few minutes." Gibbs reached his car as he closed his phone. Contrary to popular belief, he didn't need the coffee right now but it would give McGee something to focus on while he waited." - Good idea with the pot of coffee, Gibbs.
"I'm only half way through the books." - "halfway" is one word.
"I'm taking a week of vacation." Tim looked at him in surprise and Gibbs smiled and squeezed his shoulder. "Hey, you didn't think I'd let you and our girl go through this alone, did you?" Tim gave a watery laugh. "Thank you." - Bless Tia's papa.
"But when's she coming back?" Gibbs had stayed back, not wanting his presence to distract Tiana and he leaned heavily against the kitchen wall as the plaintive question tore through him. He could only imagine what it was doing to McGee. He moved closer as Tim patiently explained it to the little girl. "She can't come back. It doesn't work that way, but now she's an angel and she'll always be watching out for you." "Mommy's an angel now?" "Yeah, she's a beautiful angel and she's not hurting anymore." "She's not sick anymore? Then why can't she come home?" Tim started rocking Tiana as the tears finally came. "Because if she came back she'd be sick and hurting again." - AW!
"But I want to talk to Mommy." Gibbs quietly sat next to them, his own eyes bright as he gently rubbed her back. "You can still talk to her, Tia. She'll always be in your heart, so she can always hear you." She turned her head and looked at him, still clinging to Tim. "Really, Papa?" "Yeah, really. My little girl, Kelly, and her mommy went to Heaven a long time ago and I still talk to them." They weren't sure if their answers had satisfied Tia or if she was just too overwhelmed to ask anymore. Either way, Tim just held her close and rocked her ever so slightly. Gibbs moved even closer so she'd feel him with them." - AW!
"Can I go play now?" She wiggled and Tim helped her down. "Sure, Baby. Why don't you play for a little bit and then we'll all have breakfast together. What would you like?" "Sprinkle cakes?" As soon as she asked, Tiana started tearing up again and Tim rushed to reassure her. "Mommy would want us to celebrate that she got her angel wings today. It's kinda like a new birthday for her, so sprinkle cakes are perfect. Do you want to help me stir the batter?" Tia nodded and when Tim promised he'd come get her when it was time to stir, she ran to her room." - AW!
"Vance arrived just as they were cutting into their sprinkle cakes. He laid down a large package and helped himself to more of the pancakes staying warm in the oven. After taking a large bite, he decided to go with the teasing approach. "Okay, Jackie, why don't our pancakes ever taste like this?" Tia spoke up before Jackie could say anything. "They're not pancakes, they're sprinkle cakes. Mommy makes them for my birthday." - AW!
"She started to tear up again and Tim kissed her, hugging her close. "That's right, and every time we make them we can remember how much Mommy loved you." "Like when I talk to Mommy?" "Exactly." Gibbs reached over and wiped a bit of syrup off her chin. "Remembering keeps them with us in a special way." - I am hoping Tiana remembers the stuff Gibbs (who must be going through hell afresh himself) says to her now when she is older.
"Tia became curious about the package Vance had brought. "What's that?" Vance looked at McGee. "It's from Ms Hunter." Tim closed his eyes for a second, realizing what it was. Taking a deep breath, he explained it to his daughter. "It's a picture of Mommy now that she's an angel." Sitting up straight, Tia stared at the package. "Can I see it?" "After we finish eating, Sweetie. We don't want to get syrup on it." Tia nodded, her eyes wide as she tried to shove a whole pancake in her mouth. Tim chuckled and pulled the fork back. "Let's cut that up, okay?" Without saying a word, Gibbs reached out and cut up the last two pancakes on Tiana's plate." - That shoving the pancake made for a very funny mental pic.
"Thumb in her mouth, hanging onto Tim's shirt, Tia watched intently as Tim unwrapped the package. "Mommy." Tia let go of him to reach out and touch the glass as they all studied the drawing. Tori had used one of the earlier photos of Grace, before her elegant looks were ravaged by illness, chemo and radiation, combined with the most recent picture of Tiana, giving a breathtaking image of mother and child, Tiana lovingly cradled in her mother's wings. "It's beautiful." Tim looked up at Vance as the older man discreetly wiped his eye. "Tell her thank you, it's beyond anything I could have imagined." Vance nodded, not trusting his voice. He'd never have imagined the death of someone he'd never met would have affected him so much." - What a mensch that Leon Vance is!
"Tia pulled back from Tim enough to lean against Gibbs. "That's my mommy." Gibbs felt his throat tighten up and bent to kiss her forehead. "I know, she was very beautiful, just like you." - As is Tiana's papa Gibbs.
"Gibbs pointed out a spot and Leon held up the framed drawing in it's new home." - "its new home".
"the Vance's had gone home but the team hadn't arrived yet. Gibbs finished building a shelving unit for the garage and came in to a silent house." - "the Vances had gone".
"Gibbs finished building a shelving unit for the garage and came in to a silent house. He crept down the hall to find Tim standing in the doorway of Tiana's room watching as she carried each of her toys and stuffed animals over to the picture of her mother to introduce them. He came up behind Tim, resting a supportive hand on his shoulder. Tim didn't turn around but the worry was evident in his voice. "Did I do the right thing with the picture?" Gibbs watched as Tia introduced her favorite doll and started telling a very complex story about the doll, her go bag and something about Uncle Leon's favorite cookies. "You've given Tia a way to keep her mother part of her life instead of hiding all the memories away. Believe me, that's a lot healthier than how a lot of people cope." Tim suspected that Gibbs was talking about himself, but he only gave a slight nod. Gibbs watched for a few more minutes then leaned close to whisper in Tim's ear. "Ya' did good, Daddy." - AW!
Jazmingirl chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
This story is making me cry but i can't stop reading. Amazing job as usual
missisaac chapter 2 . 1/10/2013
Oh man I'm crying hat a chapter loved how vances came to help and Gibbs. Crying my eyes out. Brilliantly written