Reviews for The Greatest Gift of All
Awww... Baby Snape. I love how they threw Sev a birthday party. :D
Fraulein Takoor chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
Cute!
twlightbella chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
Hermione and Severus have a baby daughter.
Exceeds Expectations chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Love the title ;) Amusing that we both wrote stories with that title that featured babies, eh?

Anyway, as much as I don't enjoy this pairing, I did enjoy the sweetness of the fic, and the lovely post-war happiness of it all. I do think Snape was a little OOC, mainly because he has always been so guarded and so very private. not to mention his lifelong obsession with Lily...but it was still interesting to read the dynamics of their relationship.

I must say, though, that the phrase "Mrs. Snape" gave me pause for a second. How odd!

our dancing days chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This was so lovely; it made me smile and it was gorgeously fluffy. Although I don't particularly care for this pairing, I did enjoy it and I loved how you introduced the other characters as well, not just focussed on Hermione and Severus. Good job! :)
AmzyD chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I'm really not fond of the pairing and I can't imagine Snape ever saying some of the things he does in here BUT your writing makes up for it. I think you portray them really, really, well and you make thier dynamic work.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I like the mention of Hermione being in the library, I can definitely imagine that being true even when she's an adult. I think the name Lyra is pretty, as well, and I like that you chose that. Having Eileen as a middle name was an interesting choice - I never got the impression Snape was particularly close to his mother - but it worked, and I like that you didn't name their child after someone who had died in the war. The fact that Lyra arrived on Severus's birthday was a cute detail, as well. A few little SPaG errors - anti-social should be antisocial, They're love should be Their love, its' should be its, etc. I don't love the pairing, to be honest, and I do find Severus to be a bit OOC here, but I liked the premise and plot of the fic nonetheless. Good work!
lowi chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This was cute! I liked that their daughter got the same birthday as Severus, haha!

Again, not my favourite pairing, but you wrote them very well together. Another thing I liked here was how Ron and Harry were supportive if the whole thing - Ron's thumbs-up made me giggle!

TrueBeliever831 chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
I never really read Hermione/Severus, unless it is for one of my competitions...but this was a really sweet story. I didn't notice and Spelling and Grammar mistakes... Snape seemed a bit OOC but that doesn't bother me because I think if he had lived past the war and people found out when he was truly like things would have been different. All in all I really enjoyed this ficlet, Great work!
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
I love the name :)
This is a really cute, fluffy OS, and I think Snape deserves a happy ending after the life he has led.
[After the War, he had become a very anti-social person] Wasn't he always ;)

Just one correction:
[complete irrationally] I think you meant complete irrationality or completely irrational.

Otherwise, well done!
AnneNevilleReviews chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
This is a sweet story. I've always wished that Severus got a better deal out of his life, but you're right—he spent so much time looking backwards that he never saw what was in front of him. I am glad that he and Hermione have found happiness—though I wonder, and wish I knew more from the story—about HOW exactly they got together. Did she somehow rescue him at the battle? Did she nurse him? Defend him at his trial? There is so much potential here. In a way, this birthday party feels like the end of a longer story rather than a story-in-and-of-itself. That isn't a bad thing—it means that you have an idea that has potential for fleshing out! If, at some point, you want to write that part of the story, I'd be glad to hear about it!

I did notice some SPaG errors, for example:
["But I wanted too!" She protested.] “But I wanted to!” she protested.
["Yes well, my love for Lily was complete irrationally . . .”] completely irrational?
["Where is she? Is she all right?" She asked, a hint of worry in her voice.] she asked
Montley chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Reading this I thought that the both of them were OOC, yes I know that you said that change after the war, but I don't think they'd change to that extreme.
It was written well though, I didn't really notice any major grammar or spelling errors.
Though a baby is a pretty darn good gift to get on your birthday.
Lillia-Lillia chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
It was a cute fic, but Snape was pretty OOC for me. I know you made the point during the fic that Snape and Hermione had changed due to the war, but still. Accepting a whole new personality for an otherwise sour person is a tough pill to swallow. Nevertheless, it was cute. I found one grammar error: "But I wanted too!" Should be "to" instead of "too."
Ralinde chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
A surpriseparty for Severus' birthday? He's really going to hate that! I did feel that both were rather OOC. Sure, they would change, but not this amount and the comment on Lily seems off. Though a baby is like the best birthday present ever.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
This pairing is a guilty pleasure for me. Something about them is just so amusing and I think intellectually they are a good fit. Harry and Ron wishing them luck made me laugh. And I don't even know why. Just... Ron... haha.
In some ways I think they were very in character here. Especially when Snape realized she was in labor. It got a bit fluffy at the end which kinda threw me off though. Snape's not the most touchy feely person in the world so I think even in this situation he was a bit much.
But Snape getting a baby on his birthday? D'awwww Cute.