Reviews for The Blooming of Nights Fever
sonder this chapter 6 . 1/7
There is this strange discrepancy where in the past chapters, nothing of Hades could move Persephone's mind - the Elysian sun was not true light, the plants were not the same, she cares not for riches or artificiality - and yet in this next chapter here, she is entranced by the artificial stars (the very diamonds she rejected). The change of heart was so abrupt and inconsistent with her past views of his realm that I had to do a double-take.

I do enjoy your notice of how she wouldn't and doesn't understand what the hell Hades is trying to do to her half the time but Hades' constant lust for her since his first sighting of her is offputting in that it seems shallow - he knows she's more akin to a child than an adult and yet he presses his affections upon her when she does not want it (I know, I know, Greek mythology). It's just difficult to support their relationship when there is such an imbalance in power and no acknowledgement of that.
freyja0taku chapter 9 . 7/29/2016
I don't think you'll see my review but I still want to say that this is great.. The changes you've made are still likable or maybe because I also prefer what you did with the pomegranate.. Thanks for writing this :3
xXAngelbane chapter 9 . 6/1/2015
THIS. IS. THE MOST GLORIOUS. RETELLING. I HAVE EVER LAID MY EYES UPON.
I HAVE SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND THERE ARE NO OTHER STORIES LIKE THIS ONE.
OH, THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I MIGHT CRY.
THANK YOU FOR EXISTING YOU WONDERFUL GREEK MYTHOS NERD, YOU. I LOVE IT.
Guest chapter 9 . 4/28/2015
I like the changes,and the story but I thought the classic story is that Persephone new what would happen, but over time grew hungry so ate the six seeds, anyways I really liked your version.
Hannah Leveine chapter 9 . 12/19/2014
Love This!
dragonloverunite chapter 9 . 6/23/2013
i love that ending!
YourAmazinhTruth chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I read this a long time ago, and recently began to read it again. I just really love these two. I know more about them than any other greek god.
I was wondering though, could you write one for Ares and Aphrodite?
Wonderful retelling!
edel chapter 9 . 12/27/2012
could you please do any stories on the lord of the underworld in any myths I think this one is my favourite i loved this retelling so romantic
LyricalWisdom chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
i am just curious, but would you do a short retelling of the Story of Menthe?
MykkLaw chapter 9 . 5/26/2012
That...was beautiful.
Mishelle20 chapter 9 . 2/29/2012
Great job with this.
writertron chapter 9 . 11/8/2010
very nicely done, i love this retelling :)
katiek2885 chapter 9 . 7/5/2010
excellent! I loved your version, makes me want it to continue
Bhgxegrhathqtjtw chapter 9 . 4/9/2010
Lovely, touching retelling of my favourite Classical account. Hades and Persephone I consider among the most honourable members of the Greco-Roman pantheon. I like how you characterized Hades as neither an angsty gothic teen or a dark, evil lord. He was quite right, as was Persephone, who was neither a swooning maiden nor a petulant and ungrateful girl. Also I liked how you didn't sprawl it out to 93 chapters - you kept it concise and emotional, without weaving action-movie subplots into this classic myth. And the language choice was charming at worst.
dj noms chapter 9 . 4/7/2010
wow awesome! hey would you try your hand at achilles and brsies?