Reviews for Game
BarbedWire chapter 12 . 1/1
Well this was a fun story to read! I happen to think tying the deer hide to Brassy(which is a really cute name) was a very clever plan Kili.
I loved the part where Fili had the realization that he wouldn't last in the torture, and that he'd give everyone up. Maybe you're too hard on yourself, Fili, but that was a really cool introspective scene.
Thorin, you are one grumpy, grumpy downer, aren't you? Haha, I literally died every time he referred to them as his lads. Bilbo is so hilarious.
I really enjoyed reading:)
vlnelson55 chapter 12 . 12/31/2014
That was really good!
LavenderCrystalOfRoses chapter 3 . 8/27/2014
Bombur 'struggled'? Is he injured? Was there something I missed? Is he alright?!
a reader chapter 12 . 4/29/2014
That was totally epic!
marta madzia chapter 12 . 1/9/2014
Writing comments in English is not my forte but I’ve been doing so much fav and run lately that with this story being so good I feel I have to give it justice (and at the same time also to the one mentioned here as I’ve read it too… just well, yeah fav & run). I really enjoyed it. Reading through it was a nice way to spend some time as you were able to conduct your story carefully, at good peace and, what is important for me, in logical way. You play characters good, and this is something when you are trying to give a lesson to Thorin xD I’ve read a lot of fics to Hobbit in past few weeks and came to conclusion that this often ends overly sweet. But well… not here. Whole plot in your story is strong. Pace is great and you managed to keep me interested through the whole time and ending was just as a cherry on a top. Serious and funny at the same time. I really like how you showed misunderstandings between Thorin and Kili, between not their thoughts but as you went deeper to their whole ways of thinking (and I love your view of what is going on in Kili's head in both mentioned fics). 3
Thank you for this story. I think I will re-read it soon. Not once, not twice… probably more :)
TotallyLosingIt chapter 12 . 1/8/2014
FEELINGS, MAN, FEELINGS.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/28/2013
Wow! That was amazing! I really loved Thorin at the end, and it may be the fact that it is three in the morning but I both laughed, cried, and grinned like an idiot during his little talks. One of the best stories I've read in a long time!
blackcat234 chapter 6 . 10/15/2013
nice i think you wright good.
Fili and Kili chapter 2 . 10/14/2013
I remember this. -Kili

Haha, Kili, you were so easily swept into things. -Fili
wyet290 chapter 12 . 10/13/2013
Nice one i thought it was one of the best ive read
Scath them chapter 8 . 10/13/2013
Hey good story, why do you have "hell" and "damn"? People in Middle-Earth dont use bad words even those ones
Zacameth chapter 6 . 10/13/2013
I think its good but what are the weird names. Dwarvs dont have gods
Ruairistrikesback chapter 11 . 9/15/2013
Wonderful character development in this story, and I can't help the feeling, the giddy and appreciative feeling, that as the goblin adventure winds down, the real story begins. I really like your wild, inventive Kili who is smarter than his reputation suggests. I love how minutely you track the relationships! And how you show how the princes have their reputations and why it isnt wholly unreasonable or unexpected.. I loved seeing how Bofur tends to Thorin, spelling out the hopeful signs, when the King seems to be in shock or paralyzed. The interaction between Thorin and Fili was brilliant. It seemed like we were seeing the relationship evolve and deepen real time as Thorin confronted this new evidence of Fili's intelligence and maturity. Even as Thorin wades through guilt for not protecting his nephews and shoulders utter responsibility (as if they were not competent to make choices and hold responsibility), Fili is demonstrating and even- hearted rationality-traits that will serve well and speak to the good job that Thorin has done as a mentor.I love that you write the princes as intelligent young men whose hijinks are both blessing and curse, for their flaws are also theirstrengths as well. I think many writers rush to make them proto merry and pippin idiot characters when the movie shows young men with skill and promise and vulnerability mixed. I also liked how you showed the brothers building a place in the community with their storytelling. No longer eager dwarfling audiences only, they have begun to carve their own place in their community consciousness it seems. My favorite lines were Thorin's creaking stand and the hesitant affection that turned from that hair ruffle of a father to that firm shoulder clasp of a peer. You pack so much about Thorin getting older, about his relationship with his sucessors and his adjusting to their evolving relationship into that small space. Its beautiful writing-thanks for sharing it.
Ruairistrikesback chapter 10 . 9/15/2013
I am loving this story and will be sad to see it end. Not sure why they couldnt carry some of the deer home though!
Ruairi chapter 6 . 9/14/2013
The story is exciting, and I like how you've balanced action and character development. I especially like the amount of clearly written detail has gone into the hunt as the brothers decide between snares and deer and then Kili creates an intelligent, detailed strategy. And you show us the complication re:speed, tired ponies, time and distance. Details make the story feel more real and immersive. The thought of FIli being killed or maimed is aversive, though some danger and trouble iss exciting. There are a few Durins get captured and tortured stories and even the pnes aiming to literary can be so depressing ad grueling.

So far though this story is intelligent, and tense. I read it eagerly.

Aidan Turner's hair is beautiful like the rest of him.:)