Reviews for Shift
lilAzIaNpride24 chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Oh, the feels Why did it have to bo so angsty?! :'(
TinkerBella7 chapter 1 . 6/29/2014
I really really really love this story and wish this could have happened on the show. Deeks so deserved better, from ALL of them. But from Kensi in particular.
BC24 chapter 1 . 4/23/2014
I can't explain how much I loved this thing! *-* I think it's the first actual Fic I read where Kensi and Deeks don't "end up together and in bed" ;) It's different (Thank God, for a change) and you did an awesome job! Deeks sure must have felt that way, poor man... Too bad they never really had a serious conversation about her forgetting his birthday on the show :/ Though I would have loved to see something like what you described, because it feels right and accurate, their feelings were portrayed really well! Everything they said I can imagine them saying (LOL, maybe except the 'f*ck' :P, but it's not an issue at all), people are perfectly in character, it's great, great, great! - I loved it! Really! And I like the way you write ;) It's interesting and one can't just get enough xD I wanted it to just go on, and on, and on :P Though I understood why you ended it there and like that... It was brilliant and - honestly - genius! One of my favorite Fics EVER ;) Amazing wonderful job! Keep up the fantastic work - Hugs!
blue dogs rock chapter 1 . 4/22/2014
fabulous story
Guest627 chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
Pleaseeeeeee write a companion chapter!
Avid Reader chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
Really good. Seriously. You're a great writer in general, but this was particularly great. I like stories where Deeks stands up for himself, where the others have to acknowledge that they're not treating him the way they should, that some jokes are just too much. You've captured that really well, and didn't succumb to the typical "Oh, alright, anything for you, Kensi" ending that most people do (I'm not flaming those who do - we all love Densi - but sometimes it's just OOC). Your handle on Deeks' pain and disappointment is spot-on, and very enjoyable to read.
sarah chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
I simply love your style.
But the fact that your stories end after à thousand words is just not fair...
MontyTheDog chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Amazing.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Solid. I really disliked Kensi at the end of this ep.

Poor Deeks :(
Hannah chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
That isn't finished...please finish it!
KarmaComesBackAround chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
72 reviews! I'm a little late, but this totally deserves another! It's a lot more realistic that others, and I like that about your writing. I can relate, because someone who /really/ shouldn't have forgotten my thirteenth birthday last year forgot it, and I've never really forgiven them. I really enjoyed reading this! You should be really proud, because I don't think I've ever seen nearly as many reviews for a oneshot before!
NCISLAlover24 chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Thought this was good, although needs a second part to it just to expand on it and not leave it at such a cliffhanger! I was gutted in the episode when she forgot hos birthday that was really sad! Written well!
AlWindy chapter 1 . 1/17/2013
Very well written! Enjoyed/Did make me sad too haha
Momsa chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I like your version of WHN for this episode. The NCIS team is Deeks’ only family that we know of. His SOB father is dead, we never hear anything about his mother and he spends his Christmas’ alone helping out at the homeless shelter. I’m pretty sure none of the other team members (Sam/Callen, Eric/Nell and even Hetty/Granger) would have forgotten their partners birthday.
I like that you allow Deeks to go home and sulk, even though he realizes he’s behaving like a child. I also like that he doesn’t forgive Kensi the minute she walks into his apartment because he did deserve better than being second on her list. I know Kensi is almost incapable of talking about her feelings, although she came pretty close to it in the episode Debt, but sometimes I think she takes him for granted.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
florencenightingale chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I was reading other tags to the episode and, though I enjoyed them, I felt something was missing. Namely, angst. I mean, I wouldn't let my partner of three years off the hook that easily for forgetting my birthday even though I might be harboring feelings for said partner...so, bravo! Very well written and probably a lot along the lines of what Deeks would actually do...