Reviews for Secret SantaSecret Friend 2012!
darkaccalia520 chapter 7 . 3/4/2013
Oh, this was something very fascinating for me. I've never read a Draco and Ginny story. I didn't even know the pairing existed. Now I am aware of it. Oh, I absolutely loved how you did the words in the center. That was extremely creative, and it helps break up the prose. I also love how each word is a transition to the next. It seems like a natural progression of events of the relationship. I also love that that most of this is from Draco's perspective, and I do believe you write him well. I've never seen a Draco piece from you before. You should do more. Anyway, I absolutely love how you show Draco's internal struggle as he tries to ignore his feelings for Ginny and how it would be seen as a crime by his parents. I also love how you showed he forgave her family after all because of his love for her, but how deeply he would suffer if he revealed his true feelings. Oh, the angst! How really sad for him. As I read more and more stories about him, I'm seeing him more than a bad boy (and of course, I saw that in the Deathly Hallows, he wasn't all bad). I really love that I can look at him differently, and that your story helps me do that. Ah, the ending was so sweet when he saw her in the hall. I absolutely love that they say so much with just their looks. This kiss was brilliant. The last few lines were so beautiful. Who knew Draco Malfoy to be a sensitive boy under that rough exterior? I think it's very plausible, and you show that brilliantly. I really loved this. Well done. :)
Love From A Muggle chapter 8 . 2/9/2013
'I mean, you're Hermione Granger. You don't take crap from anybody.

It was nice to see Hermione in a different way, like showing her emotions. The way you wrote it is that she cared so much for everyone, and at that moment she felt like no one cared about her. She even let someone she didn't like slip in and trust him when she felt alone.

I really liked how you wrote this. Especially from both pov's that was interesting.
Love From A Muggle chapter 6 . 2/9/2013
"It was easy to be with someone and no one know when you weren't in school anymore." I liked that sentence. It's true with Draco and Hermione. They're one of my favorite couples. I had a bit of trouble reading this because it was confusing near the end. BUT it was a good story. I did like the twist. The AU with Bella being alive. Good story!
Love From A Muggle chapter 5 . 2/9/2013
This was so sweet! I loved your description! I liked how you had her angry at the sun and moon for taking her husband away. I loved how comfortable she felt against him. You described that part perfectly. Great job!
Love From A Muggle chapter 4 . 2/9/2013
Aww! A perfect Weasley dinner! IT had everything from chaos to tears, to an attempt to talk and to a happy ending. I love how you wrote this. I love how you ended this. I'm not much of a Fleur fan, but I liked how you showed she tried telling and was nervous about it. You made Fleur human in that way. Describing things. Great job!
Love From A Muggle chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
"Of a future that never came, because of ideas that separate them."

I've read the story and felt the warmth all through out it. The line I quoted was my favorite because it was really powerful. I loved how Harry gave the gift of memories just as Hagrid did to him years ago.

I've always pictured Andromeda and Narcissa close and Bella as the one who pulled them apart.

Such a sweet story!
oh nargles chapter 5 . 1/24/2013
Tonks/Lupin will forever remain one of the canon ships I actually support. This was a beautiful fic (why did JKR kill them off? :(), and I think you captured (Lonks? Tupin? :P) the both of them really well. I found it incredibly realistic and sad when Lupin said "you're too good for me." I don't have much to say mainly because I adored this story.
oh nargles chapter 3 . 1/24/2013
Eep, my favourite ship as my Christmas present? Yes please!

The first line was very good and made me want to read on, all the little snippets that reminded me whose point of view I was reading from were cleverly placed (I especially liked the "they had to testify, no, not had to). I loved the little thanks scene and found it not off the mark for Draco and Hermione. Thank you for writing me this story Kara! :)
oh nargles chapter 2 . 1/24/2013
This was very lighthearted and fun so good job haha. "He's a Ravenclaw after all, no offence Quirinus." Favourite line. I quite like the explanation of different behaviour and the polyjuice line would be second in line in terms of favourites. The banter between Snape and McGonagall seemed very in character all things considered, nicely done.
oh nargles chapter 1 . 1/24/2013
I for one am always a fan of Black sister stories: and it's Andromeda! Yay! (Although not so yay for the things that happened to her.) I really liked the Narcissa approaching Andromeda (it makes more sense to me for some reason), and the memory is very well woven into the present.

"It was freezing outside but she only felt cold on the inside." Beautiful.

The mention of the Weasleys were a nice touch and Teddy turning his hair darker in the end was just sweet.
DiscountBazookaHedgehog chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
"It was in his nature to worry about nothing before shocking himself and the world with his abilities." I love this line, it's so Harry! His and Snape's father/son relationship really shines through here, a perfect mix of snark and caring.
Rosawyn chapter 10 . 1/11/2013
I was surprised that Harry claimed he hadn't taught a day in his life, but of course Snape reminds him that he did in fact teach students in his fifth year.

I'm sure many people wish Severus Snape could have a happy family like the one you wrote here.
Rosawyn chapter 11 . 1/11/2013
It really must be difficult for both Hermione and Remus to have feelings for someone they really feel that they *shouldn't* have feelings for.

I liked how you pointed out how Hermione had seen him in wolf form and wasn't afraid. That's a really good point. :)
Rosawyn chapter 8 . 1/11/2013
I must admit I was surprised at the mention of Victor, since most people seem to prefer pretending he never existed. Since Victor/Hermione is my OTP, I appreciate that they are mentioned here, even if they ended up with an even more tragic end here than they did in canon.

It's nice to see Draco being kind to Hermione and even apologizing. I'm sure many people wish he had been more like this.
Rosawyn chapter 7 . 1/11/2013
This was quite poetic. I liked the use of the little prompts and how they all fit together, sort of like very short chapters.

I found it ironic that Draco wishes Ginny would turn away from her family for him but doesn't even seem to consider the possibility of turning away from his own family for her.

At the end, I was left wondering if the whole meeting Ginny in the hallway was just a dream or his imagination. I'm not sure if it was your intent, but it felt very dream-like.

Overall, this was quite lovely despite my general distaste for Ginny/Draco as a pairing. It's pretty impressive I think if someone can write a paring I dislike in a way that I actually enjoy reading it. :)
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »