Reviews for Monsters Like Us
earthdragon chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
I must admit that I felt it was extremely cold-blooded of Ziva to shoot her brother like that. So he was threatening to kill Gibbs. So what? At that point, Gibbs was nothing to her, as it happened before she joined the team and, in any case, how could she choose a mere co-worker over her (only) brother, who she professed to love, even if Ari was an assassin working for Hamas. I don't think I could ever trust a person who was capable of killing their own relative for professional purposes.

Given Ziva's chilly personality, I can well believe that she is a sociopath.
moosesquirrelkittenandking chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
That was scary... disturbing... most likely because of how accurate it was. I'll admit, I think the word 'sociopath' definitely described Ziva when she came to NCIS, and the first few years she was on the show. However, I think that Somalia changed her for the better in that respect, and I think she's a little less off-kilter now. It's nice to see someone analyzing Ziva like this. I love her as a character, but so often I see people running around acting like Ziva is just a perfect little Barbie doll when she's about as far from that as humanly possible. Overall, well done here.
scousemuz1k chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
There's a whole Atlantic Ocean between me and Binks, who recommended I read this story, but we're sisters under the skin where Ziva's concerned.
The writers have given her the Family Disease, and her character is chaotic, with the monster just under the surface. I really like the odd, disjointed use of the word 'love' in the present tense, it emphasises the disjointedness in a unique way.
I really enjoyed this glimpse.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
An interesting take on Ziva's childhood. Congradulations
binkeybella chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Mmmm. This ought to stir up a hornet's nest, though it's all pretty much the bald truth. I didn't hear about that comment by MW, surprising, but also very true. Whether it was nature or nurture, or both, she is a at the very least bi-polar, if you go by her behavior on the series, but then again, it's more likely the writers themselves being idiots. Or maybe a bit of both. Anyways, I love this, and love reading fics where Ziva is not the sweet, needy Ninja chick, but rather more cold-blooded who's only loyalty lies with Ziva David, in spite of Gibbs taking her into his wounded heart. I liked her when she first came on the series. The writers and scripts have ruined her for me. Thanks for writing and posting.
Major Mass Spec chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Wow - disturbing yet great. Nicely done! Just one thing - a sociopath means you know the difference between right and wrong, but choose to ignore it. You still feel emotions as well. Psychopaths are the ones that do not understand the difference and feel very little real emotion.
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Very nice. Disturbing, but in a good way.