Reviews for Fireflies
Klaanvdia chapter 23 . 4/11
Oooooh, I loved that.
It was sweet and charming and definitely something I'm going to want to read again. Thank you for writing it, you did a good job :)
Happy Writing and Reading!
HelleBelle chapter 22 . 3/25
Finally!
AcademySenseiIruka chapter 23 . 2/14
this is the ultimate head-canon. it explains so much.
Raphlez chapter 23 . 2/6
I love you anbu-san oh my goodness my heart melted I can't believe iruka didn't piece it together sooner haha amazing read :D
medusa85 chapter 23 . 12/27/2014
I love this story.
Kim G chapter 23 . 12/26/2014
So. Damn. Good. :'-)

Thank you!
ilyena damodred chapter 23 . 12/2/2014
This was a lovely read, thank you.
Linnee chapter 23 . 11/22/2014
Thank you! This was amazing and beautiful story! I really loved the mood and the way Iruka and Kakashi interacted with each other. It would also be interesting to read a short sequel situated at some later point of anime.
AnimeSiren chapter 23 . 11/18/2014
This is a phenomenal story. Truly you deserve to be proud, I'm glad to have gotten to read it.
YukiSkye chapter 23 . 11/15/2014
I think this has to be one of the most impressive and brilliant stories I've ever read dealing with Kakashi and Iruka's relationship. You managed to keep them perfectly in-character without falling into the stereotypical trap of making Kakashi some kind of creepy stalker/someone so emotionally and mentally compromised he needed "saving" like some kind of dame or making Iruka out to be some kind of secretly superpowered man.

Most importantly, you managed to write vulnerability into them beautifully without making them downright powerless, in need of one or the other to lift them up ALL the time and you managed to convey the absolute respect and the level of trust they have for each other (especially built over time), something I see lacking in a lot of other stories I've read but which is an absolutely essential element in any relationship. I especially loved the brilliance with which you unmasked Kakashi as an Anbu. To me, the cup that connected the pieces and Iruka's realization was the zenith of the respect, trust, and love they have for each other because you didn't make Kakashi directly tell Iruka, you didn't have Iruka nose around, nor did Iruka accidentally find out. Instead, Iruka found out on their own terms by himself without making a fuss out of it and the immensity of that is staggering, I think. It's an accumulation of how far their relationship had progressed. Their relationship itself was written in such a way that it's easy to see how their progressive growth as people also helped each other grow and understand each other and vice versa. it showed how and why their relationship works.

The story flows and transitions very nicely and though the relationship builds slowly, I find that I'm never bored. You have caught my rapt attention since the beginning, which is usually the part where I'm most dubious about a story and which I more often than not give a passing glance through if it fails to hook me at the first few paragraphs. But you never wasted a word to entangle my interest from the start, not by fluffing your first few paragraphs with descriptions and not by immediately launching into monologue.

There are a few grammatical and spelling errors but nothing that couldn't be overlooked. However, there are some parts with, in my opinion, a bit too many commas or run-on sentences that breaks the flow and require me to reread the sentence a few more times to ensure I get the meaning but other than that, this story is one of the best experiences I've ever had and I would like to sincerely thank you for your time and effort in completing this. It has left me at the edge of my seat and I have never felt more satisfied towards the very end.
narutonarutolove chapter 23 . 11/8/2014
im very impressed that this fic was started and finished within a year, especially considering its length. Usually there'd be at least 3 years of writing for a fic like this. Im glad that wasn't the case with this one.

I immensely enjoyed this story, though I wish there had been more of an interaction when Iruka found out Kakashi was his ANBU, and the only hint giving that Kakashi knows what Iruka figured out was his expression clearing. So between those two moments I wish there was more of a conversation or something, ya know?

I adore fics in which young Kakashi and young Iruka meet and what not. So I was really giddy when I first started reading. I absolutely loved how you tied canon events with your story, like ruka having that mission with Kakashi and that's what got him into teaching? LOVED IT.

That teacup set sounds beautiful.

Naruto ordering a second bowl of ramen to compensate for his second shock had me chuckling. Im also glad Gai's character wasn't exaggerated as it is often in fics. I went into a laughing fit when the jonin and Iruka were in the restaurant and Gai was going to say something, and all Kakashi said was "Acorn" and Gai's jaw clicked shut,

Though I really liked this fic, its not particularly "standing" enough for me to favorite it. I use to favorite every story I read, regardless of if I liked it or not. But I placed myself in a strict policy this year to only favorite stories that I really REALLY loved and have impacted me.

Like "The heart of a Ninja" that story was just a masterpiece, -shakes head- the emotions described, gosh it was so well written I could easily imagine myself in Iruka's place when Kakashi FINALLY kisses him.

It was amazingly written in every manner -sighs- I feel like reading it again.

Unfortunately, this story didn't stand out to me in any way that would just make me place it among my valued favorites. But that doesn't mean the story isn't good! I enjoyed it, I was very impatient to finish it because I wanted kakashi and iruka to be together already! I was anxious to see then going goo goo over each other.

I enjoyed how you wrote ANBU-san, and (I try to read the AN before reading the story/chapter's) you AN made me laugh or smile, you have a funny sense of humor in them.

I was curious about the Shippuden episode you mentioned aboue "look where Genma's looking" or something, I checked it out, but nothing really stood out at 5:05.

Ive been going on a Kakashi iruka fic spree, ive been feeling abit unsettled every since the last naruto chapter was released. You see kakashi and Iruka old and everything. Kakashi looks just like his dad now, and iruka looks older than he should considering he is younger than Kakashi. It was so nostalgic and bittersweet. And downright weird and unsettling to see Gai in a wheelchair.

Im hoping to get myself drunk with kakairu. This story definitely got me...what was the word you said... shiffy? -scratches head- something like that, between drunk and tipsy.

Im looking to be hammered.

So this story aint a bad start to get there! -thumbs up-
MapleVamp chapter 23 . 11/2/2014
*bow* thank you for writing one of the best kakashi/iruka fictions i have ever had the pleasure of reading :D i hope to see more in the future
sandhy chapter 23 . 10/12/2014
Just what I needed. Plain uncomplicated romance with my 2nd fave OTP. (the first being renji&byakuya from bleach lol.) I love how tranquil the writing is - no unnecessary drama and dialogue. Well worth the read.
Guest chapter 23 . 9/2/2014
I can't help but summarize this as the flowery shojou "ANBU-sempaaaaiiii!" KakaIru story. That's definitely not a bad thing though. I love this story. Thanks for writing it.
morbiDreamscape chapter 22 . 8/30/2014
So I posted on the last chapter before I realized I forgot to write about the actual characters... I just wanted to say that as a lifelong KakaIru fan, this is the absolute dream. Out of all the potential ways for KakaIru to ever happen, I think yours is the alternate reality I could happily live in forever. Thank you again for making me a happy fan!