Reviews for Getting Burned
Martha chapter 1 . 4/5
Roy would never say he never thinks about her anymore,
if Joanne had died.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
I have decided that since John's name is first, Roy is in the bed and the picture is Joanne. Can't say I know what happened to her. It did take me a minute to figure out what was meant by time to go downstairs never having been burned that badly.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
I think it is Roy who was burned. I also think John did quit the dept and the pic is of JoAnne. Since I don't know how it happened, I belive JoAnne, may have died in the fire and that is why he said he no longer thinks of her. Or it could be she left him after he was hurt. I could be John and Roy quit after John was hurt, and the picture was of his wife or girlfriend who either died in the fire or left John after he was hurt.
Shirley Jean chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Well written...but as I read it a few times...and if you read between the lines...and think it over...I believe it is Roy who is the one who is the burn victim...the picture is of JoAnne...and that Johnny had quit the department, not being able to work side by side with his best friend any longer. If you re-read it a few times...the pieces come together...
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Fascinating and unusual little story. Well done.
Sashi4040 chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I actually like the mystery of this, you allow the reader to decide who it is that is speaking and who they're talking about, not to mention the circumstances they're discussing. So much is packed into a short drabble and a lot of times, it's hard for a writer to convey much with the space limited to them, but I think you've done an excellent job.

Lex chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
Wow, That is such a powerful few paragraphs. so much was said in so few words. So many scenarios come to mind..
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Sorry, I'm confused, I don't understand..
simbatigerchet chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This was a very well written story, even though I usually don't like not knowing who is taking-but have a feeling it is Johnny talking and that Roy was burned badly and Joanne was probably killed or they were in the middle of a separation or divorce, although personally I can't see Roy ever leaving Joanne. PLEASE let us know who is talking here.
Kelmin chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
You said so much here, with so few words! I love that you don't REALLY know who's who. I can think of a couple scenarios, each of which makes this story a different one. It's like choose your own adventure! Thanks for this.
Ginger S chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
This type of short REALLY leaves a lot to the imagination.
I mean I could plug in so many scenarios. For example: Roy got hurt in a fire...Joanne was either killed or left him and Johnny quit the department, since Roy couldn't return...or Joanne snagged the milkman, Roy torched the no never mind he would never do that. LOL!
It's like walking out of a movie and wondering..."well what would have happened next?"