Reviews for Harry Potter and the Deus Ex Machina
majere4 chapter 6 . 8/9
Still here, still having an absolute blast! This story is a refuge in the midst of my incredibly boring project, thank you, thank you, thank you! :-)
majere4 chapter 3 . 8/7
Simply fantastic.
Luna Fabula chapter 23 . 8/7
This last chapter, the sequel preview... Just reading it is rather strange, and very disorienting. The rest of the story holds up just fine without this final chapter...
majere4 chapter 2 . 8/6
I'm stunned. There is a complexity here that goes beyond the details and the concepts. I hoping that you can sustain this level of brilliance, because you are onto something here. Something not just new, but genuine.
bxrdybxrd chapter 23 . 8/6
I love this whole fic. I was basically in awe the whole time because of Regulus and Marius and everyone involved in getting Harry and Sirius out of their hellholes. Great writing and I'm looking forward to more of the sequel!
pearlrose33 chapter 23 . 7/26
This was the most convoluted but well put together story I have ever read. Good job keeping all the time loops straight. I only didn't understand the last chapters with the whole runes on the bones. Great job on this story and thank you for writing it.
Pr0xim4 chapter 12 . 7/23
"Bond, who was drinking from a can of soda, choked on the beverage and spewed it everywhere. It was like the universe conspired to have him drink at that precise moment just so he could react with a spit-take."
I sense a very strong HPMoR reference right here 3
TarnishedArmour chapter 23 . 7/18
What a ride!

I don't know if I need a cigarette, a drink, or to go back and read it again...

becuase DAMN!

Please tell me you're working on, or planning on, writing original fiction, and if you ever do, please PM me and tell me what to look for - even if it's a different genre than science fiction/fantasy, just let me know. I will find it, purchase it, and read it. Probably more than once.

Because DAMN!

...I think I'll go start the sequel now. And then maybe ruminate a few months and read both this and the sequel (even if it's in progress and I have to wait) again.

~TA
DiagonAli chapter 23 . 7/15
fascinating story. not a quick/skim read fluff pieceyou had to read and think and process a lot. it was very clever though, and beautiful. so much work and effort and reconciliation all to help Harry. and in doing so, helped the House of Black. and will help the Wizarding world. truly beautiful story
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 23 . 7/7
quite interesting.
MischiefAag chapter 2 . 6/11
I usually don't write reviews even though I love the stories. This particular fanfic has been on my reading list for a long time, forgotten and I happened to stumble upon it suddenly and thought I would give it a shot. WOW! I can't describe in words, I am still in the process of reading the first chapter and I absolutely love it. The way it's written, the thinking process, the intelligence of it, and the amount of research that has gone into it is exponential. I can't wait to read more. I love it!
wanderinon chapter 2 . 6/9
I generally read an entire story before I leave a review. It's just easier when I have no idea what's going to happen, or whether I'm actually going to be impressed in the end. But the thing that struck me while I was reading this first chapter, is how well it's written, how intelligent it is, and no matter what happens in the long run, I'm not going to be sorry that I spent my time on it. Maybe that sounds arrogant, but it's not meant to. You can tell that a lot of the authors are either young, or inexperienced writers. I can literally go through 20 or 30 stories before I find one like this. I'm looking forward to reading the rest. Thank you.
Ima let it fly, but the fifth of may is Cinco De Mayo. It is a holiday where the mexicans celebrate their victory against the french, in case you dont know. They may not celebrate it where you are from, but I have grown up knowing about this holiday even though I don't do anything for it :)
(Normally people have a festival for it)
Other than that, great story!
Difdi chapter 12 . 5/16
There is a major flaw in how you describe the effects of magic on electronics. One that renders the entire thing impossible: Diagon Alley is in the middle of London.

If magic truly disrupted technology that way, then every car that drove past on Charing Cross Road would be affected. Every car made from the 1980s onwards for all Western markers contains transistors that it cannot run without. Diagon Alley is a sufficient concentration of magic to render muggle electronics inoperable, so why don’t cars driving by on the street outside die on the spot? How can there be a music store with working record and cassette players next door to the Leaky Cauldron’s entrance on Charing Cross Road?

There couldn’t be any of that if magic interfered with technology that way. Therefore the disruption has to be something else, lest the mere existence of the Alley cause a massive breach in the Statute of Secrecy in the form of a large zone in the middle of London where technology doesn’t work.

Ergo magic cannot interfere with technology by itself. There must be something more to it - the obvious answer being some sort of deliberate ward, that only affects a circumscribed area. Within the ward, electronics fail, an inch outside the covered area, they’re fine. I’ve seen fanfic authors come to this conclusion a number of ways, from deliberate sabotage by anti-muggle wizards to a side effect of warding buildings against lightning strikes. But the fact remains, if magic broke electronics the way you describe in this chapter, it would utterly destroy the Statute to have magical areas like the Alley and Ministry in close proximity to any muggle areas.

There’s another error in this chapter. What Flamel did to those four obliviators is a lethal attack, every bit as fatal as a killing curse. What you described is how thermobaric munitions work, and pulling air out of lungs that way implodes them - two collapsed lungs is invariably fatal for any human, unless immediate surgery is performed. Doing it via a thermobaric weapon causes so much tissue damage the lungs get shredded - no survivors without an immediate complete lung transplant. There is no need to stun them since they would be well on the way to dead, if the sudden shock didn't cause them to die instantly. Shooting them in the chest with a sniper rifle point-blank would do less damage to them than what Flamel did!
writingaway chapter 3 . 5/7
Interesting concept, obviously a talented writer, but your scenes are too long and they lack intensity, which makes it boring and winded. The amount of confusion and disorientation adds to the overall feeling of *get on with it*, which is a shame. I also had to stop because your characters blend into each other and the long exposition parts distracted from the plot, making reading a chore rather than enjoyable.
1,387 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »