Reviews for Knight of the Void
Anonymous Pseudonym chapter 13 . 5/1
You're back! Oh, how I missed this fanfic.

Suffice to say, I love this chapter, and I hope you keep up the originality that enticed me to stay reading this fic in the first place.
animeman12 chapter 13 . 4/30
So I've never read, seen, thought, or had any idea that MGQ existed. I AM however familiar with Familiar of Zero, pun completely intended now that I think about it. I don't know about half of this fic, seeing as I have no experience with it, but I can safely say I'm liking this story at the least! Hopefully more will come soon!
BrazeRancor chapter 13 . 4/30
You've done a good job here subverting expectations, and it's even better seeing more of MGQ! Hope to see more soon.
PersonaJXT chapter 13 . 4/28
I'm going to ramble a bit so bear with me since this is more of a train of thought sorta thing more than anything else.

I'll be honest, I don't buy it. While it's certainly an interesting twist, I really don't buy anything with Count Mott. It's way too iffy for him to go looking for people like Siesta to train to be spies. Way too many questions would be asked and way too many eyes pointed in his direction. It doesn't help that he's supposedly built up a reputation as a lecher... which would be well and fine if it didn't cause more people to scrutinize him when he goes recruiting since he's clearly let his infamy build way past the point it's worth it. If you're trying to control information like that you don't go spreading rumors you're a rapist, you go spreading rumors that you're a womanizer. If it gets to the point that people think you're committing actual crimes rather than just moral crimes it's definitely going to cause more problems than not. It makes no sense for him to go so far out of his way to look completely evil and alienate a lot of potential allies when spreading lesser rumors would've worked much better. For someone who's supposed to be good at working in the shadows or whatever, he's taking way too many risks and it feels way too forced.

For him to be trying to recruit Siesta, who if he's been paying attention (as he should be if he's any good at all) he would know is at least acquainted with a few people he doesn't want to cross, just doesn't fit. If his plan doesn't work out with her... what then? Does he try to buy her silence? Threaten her? Kill her? Way too risky and not worth it when all he's trying to do is place someone in the academy. She's more than old enough to have her own opinions and if he really wanted to train up a spy or whatever he would have to spend longer and would start younger. Why would he take the time to convince someone not to hate him (which he caused himself), convince them to work for him, then spend the time training them, etc. when he could circumvent all that by training someone up from an even younger age? It's not like Siesta has anything that no one else has or that no one else can easily get. There's way too many questions here for my tastes.

Or in other words, the moment Alex went looking for Count Mott is when things fall apart. If he's supposed to be that good, it's not something that should've happened. Or if it did happen it would've happened in a much different way that didn't end up attracting even more attention. While it's certainly a very interesting twist I really don't think it works unless you made a lot more changes beforehand. If it was one thing or another it would be fine and I'm sure you have justifications for some of them. But all the problems together makes it feel like pieces of a puzzle are being forced into wrong places and it seriously breaks my SoD.

As for Count Mott himself, he's certainly written very interestingly. I kinda like him, to be completely honest. He's the sort of bastard who's fun to watch. That said, it's feels odd that he got almost an entire chapter to himself. Well, Siesta was there too but she was more background for him than anything else. I think it would've worked better if you had introduce Mott in bits and pieces from way earlier instead of as a huge chunk here. Unless you're trying to make him a main character, he really shouldn't be getting as much screen time as he does here IMO. It would probably help a lot with foreshadowing him and easing him into the story as well.

The stuff back in the MQ world is fun as usual and I'm hoping to see more of the little sister since she seems like loads of fun. Not quite sure how it's supposed to tie into the main plot yet (if it does at all, in which case it might be better served as a separate story) but I like it quite a bit even if I'm forgetting half the characters already since it's been years since I've played the game and quite a bit of time since your last chapter. I'll probably have to replay the game sometime soon since I barely remember any of them anymore _
Celestia's Paladin chapter 13 . 4/28
Never thought I would read a fic where Mott was anything but a despicable human being. It is interesting to read this, his morality I see is still questionable but his is loyal to the Crown, and to Tristan, as their spymaster.
JessesanMan chapter 13 . 4/28
Well, glad I didn't drop this. Still, hope things come quicker. I can understand taking a long while, though. Can't be easy having to make someone normally depicted as a senseless evil lecher into a conniving and loyal spymaster that you can still personally hate.
Luna's Meow chapter 13 . 4/27
Overall not bad. Changing Mott was well done. Canon stories often tell have uncomplicated characters simply because the masses enjoy simplicity. Characters that are too complicated don't go over well with many because it requires them to actually think. Writers of booms rather than anime/manga/movies can do better, so well done there. Not worried about the "white succubus" so long as it doesn't become a thing where Alex gets all the girls because he's the main character. One, two, or even three of his sisters (half or whole) being interested in him I can see, but not all five. So long as some aren't it can feel realistic for the MGQ world and not Gary Stu-ish. Here's hoping that he does get over himself though, and find some people to be with. He IS from MGQ after all. So he'll need to do something of his own volition eventually. Speaking if Alex, really liking his personality. A great mixture of Alice and the typical knight. None of Luca's annoying parts showing up so far. Wondering if he'll find and bond with a Void Spirit here though, and bring it back to Hellgondo with him when he leaves. Also wondering how the Water Spirit in the lake will respond to him what with him having Undine inside him and all. Maybe the route to getting Undine's approval will be by helping a fellow water spirit out?
Luna's Meow chapter 9 . 4/27
There's a problem here. Even using charms requires skill at controlling magic. It isn't just paint and power. A charm has the power of the proper element channeled into it when it is drawn. Then it only requires a small amount of power to ACTIVATE it when used. The point is, Louise can't control her magic. At all. Let alone the elements other than void. She shouldn't be making ANY usable charms. Like... a person making a water charm while channelling fire element magic. It should all fail. All but Void element charms, charms that Alex can't teach, because Void is an unknown element to his world.
Mo Eazy chapter 13 . 4/27
For what its worth, I love what you're doing with Count Mott. However, I do hope you're careful not to let this new focus on him overshadow Luka. He's the main protagonist(?) after all.
Karharot chapter 13 . 4/27
I was sure this fic was abandoned, glad I was wrong.
WordNerb93 chapter 13 . 4/26
Glad to see you update again. I never fail to read one of your chapters when they come out, rare as that may be.

If you're putting this up on Spacebattles, I'll go over and follow you there too. After all, I can't get enough of this story!

Hope to see more soon!
Prodigal Priest chapter 1 . 4/26
It's sad when people don't understand the concept of 'AU'. Not everything will go according to canon, in either universe. That having been said, I'm not sure if you did an ass-pull with Mott's character or had all that planned from the beginning of the story. Either way, I did enjoy the update as much as I could. So, many thanks for that.
More Dakka chapter 13 . 4/26
Awesome to see this update again
BrokenLifeCycle chapter 13 . 4/26
While I like your take on Mott, there was a little too much politicking. I found myself unconsciously skipping segments and gleaning the major details up until Alma's part.
XInsanityXGuiltechXShadowwindX chapter 13 . 4/26
Yeah, see, I can't really hate this version of Mott. Dislike, yes. His front is deplorable, but even I can't deny it's effectiveness, so I can at least respect him for doing what needs to be done.

The biggest reason I can't hate him, though, is because I can easily see myself doing the same thing he is, and let the Rumor mill think what it likes, so long as its not the truth. I'm not THAT much of a hypocrite.

I wouldn't like it either, but needs are a must. It needs to be done, and he was entrusted with the task. He fulfills it to the best of his ability, and lets others misdirect everything else. Do I like him? No. Hate him? Not really. Respect? Definitely.

Even if I don't like the methods, I respect efficiency.