Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
thewolf74 chapter 50 . 5/25
I really like this story. I hope that you decide to write a sequel.
ThePoeticWeirdo chapter 12 . 5/20
Wow, the characters are all really developed, the plot is reminiscent of the original story yet unique, and it is full of emotion. Great story!
PoisonIvy533 chapter 50 . 5/9
This was wonderful. I even downloaded an app on my phone that would read it to me so I could listen while I worked.
Should have expected that but I didn't.
musme chapter 50 . 5/2
I love it very much !
Thanks a lot
mattmurduck chapter 47 . 4/21
I know that I said I love this (and i do, honest to gosh) but I'm crying for the fourth time and it is. because of this.
mattmurduck chapter 34 . 4/21
you know what? again: fuck!
mattmurduck chapter 30 . 4/21
okay, first of all? FUCK.

second of all, I'm really bad at comments. I KNOW I'm really bad at them. I get caught up in what I'm reading and forget to review, or I hit the 'entire work' option and only have the chance to leave a comment at the end of 350k words. I lose the plot of what I'm trying to say halfway through a sentence.

but I love this. I'm only halfway done with this fic and i love everything about it; the characterisation is so well done, every member of the company is fleshed out in a manner that's just so natural. The relationships between the dwarves and Bilbo grow and develop at a pace that dont seem forced but aren't as painfully awkward as you COULD have made them (though when they are awkward it's palpable in-my-chest-terrible, and I LOVE IT), and even in battle scenes the friendly affection they they all have is present but not presented as something clunky or forced. I like that your Bilbo isn't so enraptured by the elves that he'd be enchanted by Rivendell's sewage system or afraid to insult Thranduil (who kind of deserved to be called a prick) and that Gandalf (despite being one of the most powerful Wizards in Middle Earth) is shown to be a fallible being, too.

If I listed off every single thing about this that drew me in, I would have a book for you to read. Seriously. I suck at comments, and I dont know if this even makes sense, but i hope it does.

Happy writing! -A
Slash yoai ThorinBilbo?
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 50 . 3/18
vey nice. Although you used the movie plot, it was still amazing.
IshipToomanyThings chapter 50 . 2/12
Truly was a wonderful story. Just enough sadness and happiness to balance each other out to creat a well rounded piece.
Lila Dunmare chapter 50 . 1/25
What a GREAT fanfiction ! I've loved every piece of it. I hope there will be a sequel but, well, if there isn't it's alright.
Silverdragonstar chapter 50 . 1/12
Just found this story and read it through in a day and a half! Fantastic, laughed so much at how the characters treated each other. Just amazing.
xyz chapter 21 . 1/4
Hi there,
I love your writing style. You don't drag out scenes, capture the important points and, most of all, don't just imitate the original story.
About the abuse Thorin is dishing out-I understand your rant at the end there very well. I myself have also lived in abusive environments and it took me a long time to see them as that. So I'm glad you keep the story as you do, with Bilbo not simply accepting need more realistic writers who don't romanticise awful crimes like rape and abuse. Because there are too many stories out there who make it sound "wanted" or "alright, because he/she/otherwise love them anyways". So thanks and I definitely look forward to the rest of the story and your other works! Happy writing.
Vokva chapter 50 . 12/24/2017
I cried, like, seven million times reading this. I also read all of it in like a day in a half. I kinda wanna cuddle you now too. But that's probably in the Not Socially Acceptable Spectrum that people tell me about.
2,479 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »