Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
Saphira chapter 50 . 4/10/2015
I have read this fanfic twice now. This is one of my favourite fics ever and maybe the best Bagginshield fic I have ever read.

Every character was great by your way and they were pretty much IC. I'm glad you didn't start this Tauriel/Kili ship because I don't really care about it. :D

At some points I was a little bit unhappy when Bilbo changed things, for example, Misty Mountains and Radagast.

A couple of my favourite parts:

"You won't be speaking for the next few years," translated Gandalf because he secretly enjoyed causing trouble.
So funny. :D Gandalf is always the troublemaker.

"Bilbo, please… please wake up…"

—Far over… the misty mountains cold—

"Please… Please don't die. Please…"

—to dungeons deep… and caverns old—

"Bilbo…?"

—we must away, ere break of day—

"Are you waking up…?"

—to claim our long… forgotten gold—

"Bilbo!"

—and he woke up.
So beautiful! I died. Really. I started crying. Even now I'm crying. So awesome.

Thorin and Bilbo are just so cute together! When reading this for the first time and reading the chapter 21 (Bilbo and Thorin hugging each other) I couldn't get rid of the image I had pictured about it in my head. It was in my head for the whole day. I just kept thinking about the chambers of Erebor, its pillar and architecture and these two lovebirds hugging! Aww It was kind of sad and sweet scene at the same time.

I also liked how brought Tauriel, Bard and Beorn together. And now they're their own little gang. :D

I think that this watch?v9NdaSgcuOpU and this watch?vRIixF7ZaOrk video are very much like this story. Especially the second one.

I would love to read more about Bagginshield from you. Could you consider making sequel to this so we could see how Sauron is finally defeated? Or just short one-shots? :) I'd love to read them.

I had so many things to say about this masterpiece but I have forgotten them. Well maybe when I'm reading this for the third time I'll remember and I'll come to comment again.

Thanks for making me so very happy and sad for the same time.
But as we know:
“I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

So thank you very much! I really love this! It's so perfect.
Keep up the great work!
Greetings from Finland. :)
Qwertzu chapter 50 . 4/8/2015
This story was simply beautiful. I just couldnt stop reading! Thanks for sharing it, even if you robbed me of a few hours of sleep :)
Aynessa chapter 50 . 4/3/2015
I just thought you should know, I have not been able to stop thinking about this incredible story, even though I finished reading it *yesterday*! Watched the third Hobbit film for the first time today and I just keep thinking about this fic and how I love that Bilbo got a second chance to change it all.

I dearly miss this fic, even though I've gone back and reread some of my favorite parts already. *sigh* I suppose I shall have to make do with The Long Road Home. I do so hope you will update soon!
Aynessa chapter 50 . 4/3/2015
That was absolutely freaking amazing. I am so speechless with awe at this epic story. The only one I've ever come across that ever met this level of awesomeness is S'Tarkan's "Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past." This is utterly brilliant. The sheer depth of planning you must have put into this..! I just adore how you have portrayed Bilbo, who in many ways suffered more than even Frodo - for the majority of Frodo's company survived and lived on happily. Though he was irrevocably shattered by the ring more so than Bilbo, in comparison Bilbo was devastated by loss instead. I love that he had a second chance to make so many things better, even though the War of the Ring may be even more devastating this time round since Sauron has more time and foresight.

The thing I loved the most while reading this epic tale, was the way Bilbo's haunting memories would come back at the most inopportune times, jolting him with a shock of grief and pain that no one in the Company can wholly understand at the time. The way he would look at Kili or Fili in a normal situation, and then suddenly remember their bloodstained, ashen faces in death; or the way he would look at Thorin and suddenly recall his stuttered words before death. The sheer intensity of emotion and pain that you described him experiencing was just so amazing. I loved every moment I spent reading this rare gem.
Aynesda chapter 46 . 4/2/2015
It's about bloody time!
CatLady4 chapter 50 . 4/2/2015
Sigh. So jealous of your writing skills. We seem to share a lot of the same ideas and thoughts, but you can express them so much better than I can. Keep up the good work!
Aynessa chapter 41 . 4/2/2015
Gah! My heart simply cannot take this intensity! This...this story! So amazing.
Aynessa chapter 23 . 4/2/2015
OHMYGOSH. You have essentially butchere my heart with the sheer intensity of emotion in this fic. I...I...I am speechless with awe.
Aynessa chapter 5 . 4/1/2015
Bahaha! That was priceless!

The thing I love most about this is the dark flashes of intense memories and pain, that shows how strong Bilbo became and how it has influenced him. Quite fascinating and believable.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
I'm actually in love with this story! It's amazing and I don't want to stop reading it! So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update!
Dazed Ryo chapter 50 . 3/10/2015
You...you don't understand what this story did to me...My college classes begin at 9:30 in the morning. I read this story until it was 3 in the morning when I finally forced myself to stop and go to bed. I tossed and turned because I couldn't stop thinking about the story and what was going to happen next. I had to fix a giant travelers mug of coffee to stay awake for classes. I was jittery all day because of this and was more twitchy than a squirrel. I blame you for my state of mind today and so I say, without any hesitation or regret,...thank you for writing this glorious masterpiece. I haven't read a fic this good in a long, long time. It was wonderful. Thank you.
miss.happy.and.lucky chapter 50 . 3/2/2015
Two words: LOVED IT.
PeersHitInMoscow chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
Oh yes also forgot to mention how I love that their romance felt true and realistic. The story kept up all of the action and badass of Middle Earth without getting swamped down by fluff and turning into a gelatinous mess of out-of-character ooze. For that I am ever grateful.
PeersHitInMoscow chapter 50 . 3/1/2015
One fic to rule them all...
Seriously my biggest complaint is that this isn't an actual book so I've looked like a jerk the past few days always looking at my phone. This fic is pure poison, sweet, sweet, fantastically written poison that has turned me into a Gollum, stealing glances at its intricately spun words whenever possible. I snuck away at work to read bits of this so often they probably think I have a uti because my phone would sit in my pocket, tempting me to read this glorious tale.
Seriously. Seriously this is the best, most well-thought out fic I've read! It's over twice the length of The Hobbit while being more enthralling and exciting as it's source material! Not to mention the heart wrenchings and breaks of fangirl squealing that reading this gave me. Everything is so well-thought and everyone is so in character I just can't get over it! I just finished reading and already want to read it again just to appreciate this even more.
Your descriptions are so detailed and your work so full of life and vibrancy that every event had a reason behind it and felt meaningful. This tale never dragged and I never got annoyed at the characters because they always had reasons behind their actions. For example, Bilbo not sharing his feelings for Thorin for so long felt entirely justified because of his single-minded determination to succeed in his mission.
I love this story and I'm so glad that I stumbled upon it, and even more glad that you ingeniously and beautifully created a story both more magnificent and poisoningly tempting as the Arkenstone.
This is one fanfic that I'm going to boast about reading and try to get my friends on board because THIS is more like what fanfiction should be, or strive to be. And if they have a problem with it or don't believe that this story has merit because it's a fanfiction, then they can shove it especially if they give any appreciation to 50 Shades of Grey, the more glorified fanfiction drivel out there. Not to compare this tale to the likes of that one, just to say that if any story would get the people I know to begrudgingly accept not all fanfiction is bad (because we know how weird it can get) but something that can be formed by someone with knowledge, talent, devotion, and skill into something beautiful.
If you made a sequel to this I would both love and hate it because waiting for updates would probably drive me to live in a cave under the Misty Mountains.
Black-Dragon-Rider chapter 50 . 2/27/2015
Oh my gosh my dear. That is by far one of the most excellent, fairy tale-romance AU spins I have every read. I absolutely loved it and have read it twice. Count on me going back for more. Keep on writing, you are awesome at it.
Love,