Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
MADStar529 chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Great chapter. UPDATE WHEN YOU CAN!
won't be the Victim chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Awww :)
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
aw! I love how you keep subtly putting everyone into a family, and they all welcome the change. I can't wait to see how you resolve this!
PurpleFairy11 chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
this is really good please keep up the great work
Malicean chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Interesting concept. A couple of Americanisms and very modern expressions that break the illusion of being in Middle-earth whenever they pop up unexpectedly, but otherwise well-written.
I'll keep an eye on this.
Malicean chapter 38 . 7/7/2014
And now I can't stop wondering: if a king of Men uses kingsfoil to counteract the influence of a ringwraith, but said king has been turned into a ringwraith himself, long, long ago, how will the interaction of royalty and wraithness affect the effectiveness of the drug?
Amara Wil Fren chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
I cannot tell you how happy I am on Monday's when I check my inbox and see an alert for your story. I really makes my week! So, thank you for helping my week start in such a wonderful way!

I loved this chapter - I just love the overprotective dwarves. That last bit with Dori really hit me - my stomach dropped when he threatened to end their friendship and then I nearly died of feels when he implied Bilbo was his brother. :)

Thanks again for the update! I look forward to your next chapter!
Blithesome chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Ah, here we go again with the awesome characterizations and lovely dwarf scenes. I also love the way Radagast reacted / thought about Gandalf. Getting lost in the woods because he's too interested in riddles, and having a secret identity because he wants to be mysterious... It made him sound so childish and human. Not to mention Saruman stealing Radagast's mushrooms, heh. The wizards are rarely depicted with humor like that, I liked it.
Greeneye chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Haha loved it! Can't wait for the next update!
BadGirlgoesworse chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Aw! I'm looking forward to the meeting with Dis. Oh, how I'm looking forward to it!
mariamah chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter :D
authorwannabe101 chapter 44 . 7/7/2014
Oh my goodness. I just about cried with Bilbo that was so sweet! I can't wait for the next chapter! Or when Bilbo meets Dis. :D Do you have an estimate of what chapter that will be?
Malicean chapter 27 . 7/6/2014
Well done Ori, very well done! 'cept that I would have slapped Bilbo a lot earlier - Mahal knows, the guy was getting beyond obnoxious with his constant yapping of "I'm worthless-worthless-worthless..."
(I'm aware that slapping people isn't the proper way to deal with PTSD in RL, never fear)

He's not even OOC - good job there! - but Bilbo is as much damaged goods as Thorin is, here. They are a matched set, really: a generous double helping of survivor's guilt and then possession by/of a powerful magical artifact on top...

More when I've read the rest.
amy chapter 43 . 7/6/2014
I've just spent all night reading this, and it has convinced me of one thing. You, Silver pup, are Tolkien reincarnated. Did you know that before he died he began rewriting The Hobbit? I think this is even better than what he was coming up with. Please complete your work, its amazing!
Alex the sorceress 43 chapter 33 . 7/6/2014
So, just a little note. Sauron died when frodo destroyed the couldn't have taken billboard soul when he journeyed to the grey havens. If sauron had taken bilbos soul before he died, bilbo would have died as well, and you can't bring the ring into this because that was destroyed.
2,341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 20 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 40 .. Last Next »