Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
FicAddict2015 chapter 8 . 4/27
Oh I hadnt realized I wasnt logged in -.- Those last comments were mine, I want to give a comment per chapter so your review count goes up :P I guess I re-review the other chapters
Still reading into the night :P
Plus, i shouldve reviewed more the first time ;)
rereading this, just because its such a good tale
Camath chapter 50 . 4/25
Brilliant
theLadyCheshire chapter 50 . 4/24
Well done! Never in a million years did I ever guys that I would ever wind up shipping Bilbo and Thorin- I don't even LIKE m/m generally- but whoo boy you convinced me.
Thank you for explaining the time travel thing and assigning it a consequence, I've read so many stories where it just mysteriously happens for no reason at all.
Thank you also for that author's note back in chapter like 23 or whatever when you talked about the abusive vs. Possessive elements of relationships; I fully agree.
Anyway, despite how much I loved this story I did feel that you made Bilbo just a little too lovable in the sense that he was everybody's best friend and whatnot. But you at least explained it well, so that's okay.
Again, well done.
Your authors note for this chapter was spot on.
Lora-san chapter 50 . 4/16
This is a very nice, fun, exciting, cute story. Fantastic. And that is finished ... congratulations. I really liked the whole completely. Thank you, that I read. ;) :)

(Sorry, I speak English a little bit. ")

Lora
Saphira chapter 50 . 4/10
I have read this fanfic twice now. This is one of my favourite fics ever and maybe the best Bagginshield fic I have ever read.

Every character was great by your way and they were pretty much IC. I'm glad you didn't start this Tauriel/Kili ship because I don't really care about it. :D

At some points I was a little bit unhappy when Bilbo changed things, for example, Misty Mountains and Radagast.

A couple of my favourite parts:

"You won't be speaking for the next few years," translated Gandalf because he secretly enjoyed causing trouble.
So funny. :D Gandalf is always the troublemaker.

"Bilbo, please… please wake up…"

—Far over… the misty mountains cold—

"Please… Please don't die. Please…"

—to dungeons deep… and caverns old—

"Bilbo…?"

—we must away, ere break of day—

"Are you waking up…?"

—to claim our long… forgotten gold—

"Bilbo!"

—and he woke up.
So beautiful! I died. Really. I started crying. Even now I'm crying. So awesome.

Thorin and Bilbo are just so cute together! When reading this for the first time and reading the chapter 21 (Bilbo and Thorin hugging each other) I couldn't get rid of the image I had pictured about it in my head. It was in my head for the whole day. I just kept thinking about the chambers of Erebor, its pillar and architecture and these two lovebirds hugging! Aww It was kind of sad and sweet scene at the same time.

I also liked how brought Tauriel, Bard and Beorn together. And now they're their own little gang. :D

I think that this watch?v9NdaSgcuOpU and this watch?vRIixF7ZaOrk video are very much like this story. Especially the second one.

I would love to read more about Bagginshield from you. Could you consider making sequel to this so we could see how Sauron is finally defeated? Or just short one-shots? :) I'd love to read them.

I had so many things to say about this masterpiece but I have forgotten them. Well maybe when I'm reading this for the third time I'll remember and I'll come to comment again.

Thanks for making me so very happy and sad for the same time.
But as we know:
“I will not say, do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.”

So thank you very much! I really love this! It's so perfect.
Keep up the great work!
Greetings from Finland. :)
Qwertzu chapter 50 . 4/8
This story was simply beautiful. I just couldnt stop reading! Thanks for sharing it, even if you robbed me of a few hours of sleep :)
Aynessa chapter 50 . 4/3
I just thought you should know, I have not been able to stop thinking about this incredible story, even though I finished reading it *yesterday*! Watched the third Hobbit film for the first time today and I just keep thinking about this fic and how I love that Bilbo got a second chance to change it all.

I dearly miss this fic, even though I've gone back and reread some of my favorite parts already. *sigh* I suppose I shall have to make do with The Long Road Home. I do so hope you will update soon!
Aynessa chapter 50 . 4/3
That was absolutely freaking amazing. I am so speechless with awe at this epic story. The only one I've ever come across that ever met this level of awesomeness is S'Tarkan's "Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Futures Past." This is utterly brilliant. The sheer depth of planning you must have put into this..! I just adore how you have portrayed Bilbo, who in many ways suffered more than even Frodo - for the majority of Frodo's company survived and lived on happily. Though he was irrevocably shattered by the ring more so than Bilbo, in comparison Bilbo was devastated by loss instead. I love that he had a second chance to make so many things better, even though the War of the Ring may be even more devastating this time round since Sauron has more time and foresight.

The thing I loved the most while reading this epic tale, was the way Bilbo's haunting memories would come back at the most inopportune times, jolting him with a shock of grief and pain that no one in the Company can wholly understand at the time. The way he would look at Kili or Fili in a normal situation, and then suddenly remember their bloodstained, ashen faces in death; or the way he would look at Thorin and suddenly recall his stuttered words before death. The sheer intensity of emotion and pain that you described him experiencing was just so amazing. I loved every moment I spent reading this rare gem.
Aynesda chapter 46 . 4/2
It's about bloody time!
CatLady4 chapter 50 . 4/2
Sigh. So jealous of your writing skills. We seem to share a lot of the same ideas and thoughts, but you can express them so much better than I can. Keep up the good work!
Aynessa chapter 41 . 4/2
Gah! My heart simply cannot take this intensity! This...this story! So amazing.
2,304 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »