Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
alexiana75 chapter 9 . 9/13/2016
Noooo! Death still wants its toll? I hope nooooot!
alexiana75 chapter 4 . 9/13/2016
So, the first time Bilbo had a great friendship with Thorin, but now he tries differently? To be just an...aquitance? God, I hope not
alexiana75 chapter 2 . 9/13/2016
oh, dear Lord!
I have made a stroll between fandoms (Twilight, mostly, 'cause with them was the beginning of my Ff days; then Supernatural, then LOTR- a lovely story named Elerrina from Elen-Silver Star) and I suddenly missed the Hobbit. And I saw the first movie (I read the book log time ago) and when Thorin gives Bilbo the "I have never been so wrong in my life" speech I fell in love with both of them. So, I started to look for fiction, naturally.
And, I found this jewell ! You're right: every fandom needs a good story with "turning back time". I fell in love with your writing right away and I read thrice the part with Fili and Kili. Thank you, for a wonderfull surprise and I can't wait to enlighten myself !
P.S. Don't worry and don't give a dam about the writing itself; who does'nt like it, must write AT LEAST the same (throw the first stone the one who right at least this good, not someone who did not write a single word, ever!
VR-Aries chapter 50 . 8/21/2016
¡Magnífica historia! ¡Me encantó, me encantó, me encantó! Aun cuando me haya tomado una eternidad leerla (con todo y mis problemas con el inglés), volvería a hacerlo, de hecho lo haré en el futuro. :D

Imaginarme a Thorin siendo derrotado por la Abuelita Bolsón hasta el punto de caer inconsciente en el concurso de beber fue lo máximo, me hizo recordar cuando Gimli perdió contra Legolas. XD

Y de verdad espero que escribas una secuela (larga, porque me encantan las historias largas) de esta maravillosa historia. Muchas gracias por compartirla con nosotros.

Ahora continuaré con The Long Road Home.
Besitos.
SassySnowflake16 chapter 19 . 8/15/2016
GOD I SHIP IT SOOOOO HARD
Arianna Heawing chapter 50 . 8/15/2016
Hello !
Your story is even better then the original one, it made me cry, laugh, hope, cry again and laugh my heart out. It is rare for me to appreciate a story this much, and I must tell you are a fantastic writer. I will always remember this story, and I choose to believe to yours instead of the original one, which broke my heart too much. Good job, writer !
AppleSpongeCake chapter 49 . 8/1/2016
Oh my god I want a sequel so bad.
I'm going to go check your profile for more stuff now.
Gummybear.Michaelis chapter 50 . 7/26/2016
This was an amazing story. I really like how you worked the story and changed things in a way that made it believable still! It was a great story and I am glad to have read it! Thanks so much for writing it, darling!
Raingirl4513 chapter 50 . 6/30/2016
I absolutely adore this! No really, it's very good. I especially like the remarks you put in about romantic love - I agree. Love doesn't magically make you perfect, but it does help you become a better person. It will make you become both the most selfish person in the world, as well as the most selfless. It doesn't always come naturally; love ebbs and flows over time, and often loving is very hard work. I also enjoyed Bilbo's character. He has... something... to him. He seems to just jump off the page (and that's not an incredibly common trait among fanfiction). He has flaws and virtues and though he springs back from his past life a little quickly (which we can easily write off as Hobbit resilience), he still reacts to his memories and emotions in a fairly logical way. This is, though, introducing expected as a synonym for logical, as emotions are rarely reasonable. I also enjoy the unique characters you've sprinkled your story with. I loved the new take on old friends, and I have certainly made some new ones as well! Immediately Dis (whom before we didn't get to see much) and Granny Baggins come to mind. The last scene with all the odd hobbit traditions and personalities was splendid, and left me laughing a good deal. I usually dislike Bagginshield a lot, but your story is the exception. Good job, good luck, and please keep writing!
MidnightOil245 chapter 50 . 6/29/2016
This was a great read! I especially loved the characterizations. You don't really hear a lot about many of the dwarves-they're almost just a filler in many stories-so I loved the way you made them come alive. I also loved your take on romance, that finding someone to love doesn't guarantee a fairy tale happily ever after, but a good relationship requires patience and effort. Thanks for sharing your talents in writing!
lunabane chapter 50 . 6/27/2016