Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
Elglor Stargold chapter 30 . 4/9
I like this version of the Fellowship. I also really enjoyed the description of the magnificent death of Bilbo's objections.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 33 . 4/9
Kukuku... And Sauron makes his entrance. Why does Bilbo dream of him? And does Sauron know of the dreams?
[Thunderously] The three dwarves aren't destined to die! The future is shaped by decisions, not by fate! I can change it, therefore I will, selfishly! I may have an unfair advantage of knowledge, but others have their own unfair advantages: of strength, be it physical, mental, or magical; of foresight, of sharp mind, of being close to Valar and Maia...
Tauriel is wrong. Why does she think that destroying Sauron, the gifted one, is more important than protecting your beloved? The One Ring may be cursed object, and merit destruction, but Tauriel is still too abstract.
Beorn is right. Bilbo has saved his dwarves. Bilbo's travel to Erebor brought Bilbo closer to Mordor, and destroyed a part of Sauron's armies. Bilbo left Erebor as soon as possible to go to Mordor. There was hardly a better way to destroy the Ring, and there was no better way to save the dwarves. There was no need to sacrifice the dwarves - whatever the elf says.
Sauron is probably arrogant enough to not expect that anybody came to the past from the future, besides Sauron. And with travel-to-Erebor going almost the same way as in the past, Sauron wouldn't have reason to notice Bilbo. Unless... Sauron remembers that the One Ring should be with Bilbo, and is closely watching Bilbo's travels. Troublesome.
Now Thorin and company are going to follow Bilbo's steps, while other dwarves remain in Erebor to prepare for the War.
Dain is brilliant.
It's certainly a long night for me. Just trying to get through these updates. Fanfiction is better than caffeine, for staying awake... Though you get headache either way.
Good day, good night, and good luck. Thank you.
WhiteFang72 chapter 33 . 4/8
I love the way these characters act when they're together. I always thought the Lord of the Rings was too depressing. A great epic, but waaaay too depressing. I like that these characters can still joke around. Though, will we be getting some action soon? I'm looking forward to getting to Mordor. :)
DiAnna44 chapter 33 . 4/8
Wonderful chapter as always! Sorry for such the short review...barely managed to read it haha. update soon!
elveriamoir chapter 33 . 4/8
he he. Oh I enjoyed that chapter. Even with the horror of Mirkwood looming. Can I keep your Tauriel, she is a wonder.
hermonine chapter 33 . 4/7
Great chapters
cpdx chapter 33 . 4/7
OHhhhhh shit..cant figure out if Mordor will kill them or if those two hatefucking eachother into the ground will.
pixiefang15002 chapter 33 . 4/7
I love the way you write - I'm crying one minute from feels and the next I'm laughing at your wit. The dwarves are like adorable little puppies. And Bilbo's ragtag fellowship is just so cute and funny. Just please update soon!
MADStar529 chapter 33 . 4/7
Great chapter. Love Tauriel and Bards bickering, loved it. UPDATE WHEN YOU CAN!
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 33 . 4/7
bard and tauriel are hilarious! omg, so funny! love this.
PurpleFairy11 chapter 33 . 4/7
this is really good please keep up the great work
TigerCat chapter 21 . 4/7
Here, here! I agree with your rant wholeheartedly. There's healthy jealousy, but Thorin is being downright abusive at this point. And there is nothing sweet about that. I sense there might be another punch from Bilbo in the future.
Malo919 chapter 33 . 4/7
Bard, Bard, Bard. I think your new title is Bard the Bastard. How fun will it be to have Tauriel call him that?

I'm glad Tauriel's gotten over it for now. I know she's got a point, and she's not a bad person, but I still think Bilbo did the only thing he could have possibly done.
64teeth chapter 33 . 4/7
Great chapter - equally funny and sombre, sad and uplifting, and all in all great!:-)
Folkvangr chapter 33 . 4/7
Haha, love your writing! Great character growth in this chapter.
1,636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »