Reviews for A Shot in the Dark
TMNinjaGinga chapter 50 . 1/5
I have only three words and the only reason you're getting them now rather than after the first chapter, is because I was far too hooked to have the time to press the review button and send them.
THIS IS AWESOME!
Many thanks - an impressive epic...even more so for being the first of it's kind..

*runs off to look at all your other work*
BakaSatsumi chapter 50 . 1/5
This story was a joy to read, so much so that I read it pretty much in one sitting during the winter break. (sleeping and eating aside of course :P) I was after watching the last hobbit movie for the second time before reading this and I must say it was a balm to the sadness of the movie.
I absolutely adored the way in which you developed the renewed relationships between all of the characters, and the banter and bickering between them I laughed so much! I also appreciate the changes made to the plot without the loss of the overall growth of each of the characters.
I'm definitely going to bookmark your story for future rereads because its one of the best stories I have read in years.
griffindork93 chapter 50 . 1/3
That was epic. There are no words to describe how much I loved this story. I thank you for it.
this is honestly one of the best thilbo stories i have read! loved it!
keep writing!
jeannette.rothenberger chapter 50 . 1/1
4hrs later and damn... good story!
Sol chapter 50 . 12/30/2014
Thank You for writing this amazing story. It had happy times, and sad times, amazing writing and characters. But above all I truly just enjoyed the experience. I was right beside Bilbo and Thorin all the way, simply wonderful. Best of luck to you and happy writing. :D
Guest chapter 50 . 12/30/2014
This has been an amazing journey of laughter, joy, sadness, tears, heartache, hope, despair, frindship, love and so much more I fear all the words in the whole wide world won't be enough to express how much I loved reading this wonderful piece of art. This story made me laugh and giggle like a child, it allowed happiness to make it's home in my heart; yet it tore my fragile heart right out of my chest and ripped it to pieces while I helplessly watched it happen. I wept tears of sadness and heartbreak, I cried tears of happiness and joy. I shed tears of relief and hope. I learned to love the fearless Hobbit, the stubborn Dwarf and their lively company. I feared for their lives.

This journey has been a a sea of emotions; unstoppable and fierce. And that, my friend, is a sign of a true writer. I have no doupt of your success should you chose to pursue a career in writing. I'd like to express my gratitude for writing and sharing this incredible piece of work. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. This has been the best fanfic I've read from this fandom, one of the best I've ever read out of all of them. I'm glad to have found it.

Liz
Sol chapter 39 . 12/29/2014
The ending was so intense...
Princess Alexandria KnowItAll chapter 50 . 12/29/2014
I was so disappointed when I found out that chapter 50 was the epilogue but I loved that it was Thorin meeting Bilbo's family, it made me laugh and forget that it was the end... Well done, I applaud the fact that you actually finished this story and I like that you didn't do the destroying of the ring, I agree that that is 100% Frodo's story... To recap, this was wonderful and thanks for writing this I enjoyed it :D BIG SMILEY FACE FOR YOU!
Beawr chapter 50 . 12/29/2014
This is lovely. Is there a sequel? If not... Well, there really should be. This is, after all, the most popular Hobbit fan fiction on the cite. I love this so much.
Sol chapter 32 . 12/29/2014
Just amazing...
Sol chapter 31 . 12/29/2014
The interaction between characters is simply priceless, I half expected before Bilbo left that he would tell Thrandril that Bard wanted a hug.
Sol chapter 24 . 12/29/2014
This story is so amazing, I absolutely adore Bilbo's new character. I was just talking with one of my friends, saying how Thranduil need a good pop in the face and Bilbo almost succeeded. That hobbit is amazing. I hope everything works our for him.
keekideerum chapter 3 . 12/29/2014
srsly, i said i was gonna read 1 chapter and then stop procrastinatin and start workin on this stupid report for my english class. and here i am at chappie 2 and hav absolutely no inclination whatsoeva to stop readin this. friggin balls, why do we hafta read and write about such borin stories when theres such lovely little stories frolickin around here on ?
musica chapter 38 . 12/29/2014
I know I still have a few chapters to go, but I have to say, this is really the best fanfic I've ever read. The characterization is spot-on, the plot never seems to slow down or become dull, and you give so much insight not just into bilbo and thorin, but everyone else as well. Its the first fanfic I've read where I literally cannot put it down. Its a beautiful, fantastic story that I'll probably start re-reading as soon as I finish it. Bravo!
2,237 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »