Reviews for Fire and Ice
nathanlando13 chapter 11 . 9/5
The name "Kel Dorim" would be about as good as the name "Black Mannus". But it's not an important point.
Bobobuck chapter 11 . 5/8
Great story!
Meap chapter 2 . 4/29
Kell Dorin is plo koon's species.
blueravenchick chapter 11 . 2/10
Amazing story! I stayed up far too late reading the whole thing at once, even though I gotta work in the morning!
Gracesonnet chapter 11 . 9/1/2014
Aww, this is a great, romantic story! Wolf and Ava complement each other so well. And they both get to save the day!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Update immediately, please!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/27/2013
Jesus this should be renamed "Sexual Tension" for cying out loud!
Ars Arpadok chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
What a lovely "breather episode" between the intrigue. I found I enjoyed it even more than their initial encounter, which was also good but different.

I so feel for Ava and her fear of committing to something/someone that can, by virtue of circumstances, only be temporary. Her desire to protect Wolffe is unusual in most clone centric fic. I think most of us instinctually cast clones in the protective role. It's good to see it flipped, even if Wolffe can take care of himself.

Of course I love Wolffe. I love the play between his stoic and emotional sides and his obvious smitten-ness with Ava. It's so sweet to read about a quiet, affectionate moment for the old grouch. And what old grouch isn't secretly squishy on the inside I ask you?

Very nice.
Ars Arpadok chapter 3 . 3/13/2013
I was very struck reading this by the subtle, naturalistic way you portray Ava. She's very clearly alien but believably so. It's nice to see it in fanfic because I've found it a bit unusual in canonical Star Wars writing I think.

That may be because my first exposure to Zeltrons as characters was in The Knights of the Old Republic comics that my significant other and best friend loved but I found boring and kind of predictable. The Zeltron baddies in it seem to be basically R-rated Bond villains and the entire concept behind the species (sexy party animals who we throw in when T&A are needed) looks shallow at best.

I like how you have Ava as both very in touch with her sexuality but also wary of how it may affect others. I especially like how you merge her concerns about her physical ability to create arousal and the ethically/emotional issues that arise should she do that. I also enjoyed the way you show her sexuality affecting her, how Wolffe sets her off in unexpected ways. It takes a good imagination and some solid writing to make a sex kitten stereotype into a rounded character but I think you do a fine job here. I find I'm more interested in Ava than in Wolffe (which is kind of a pleasant surprise given my thing for clones that you may have noticed).
impoeia chapter 11 . 3/13/2013
Awww, Plo gets to play matchmaker. That sneaky devil. I must admit, I love him a little for that, for taking the time to track Ava down and making her this offer. I'm sure he called in a couple of favors to get her this position and all that to give Wolffe and her this chance. What a guy.

And Ava as a clumsy server, that image made me smile. From the other chapters, as her as a hostess, you get the sense that she must be graceful, but I have to admit, the idea of her dropping dishes somehow fits. I'm not sure why these two images are not at odds with each other, maybe because this job is so different than the ones she's had to take for Jurma. At any rate, I could totally see Ava dropping dishes left and right, and I give Gaal full credit for keeping her around for so long. Though the man has excellent timing, firing her just as Wolffe comes walking through the door. The Force does work in mysterious ways.

*Sigh* And so another story comes to an end. I must admit, I never like this part. While I look forward to the conclusion, I never want a good story to end. And this has definitely been a great story; funny, romantic, exciting, rich in plot and in background descriptions. For most of these chapters, I could really see where I was and what was happening and that is such a hard thing to do, but you do it really well. And the kiss at the end? Perfect. So absolutely, typical Wolffe. Not the romantic "swept off of your feet" kiss, but a no less passionate set up. A more, shall we say, grounded, kiss. A wonderful conclusion just all around.

P.S.: I do wonder if Wolffe will try and thank Plo Koon for this. I can't imagine the Jedi bringing it up on his own.
impoeia chapter 10 . 3/12/2013
Oh, poor North. I really feel for the shiny. That has got to be one of the most uncomfortable mission reports that you can give a superior office. I honestly thought the poor fellow might faint. Well, Wolffe can scowl with the best of them, but I'm glad he toned it down a little for North. It really wasn't his fault.

I loved this conversation between Plo and Wolffe. Everytime I read these two together, I am blown away by how perfectly you write them. Particularly the little sprinkles of Plo's humor. He might not make you laugh outright, but he will make you smile every time. I just loved that little "di'kut" bit. I also liked the way you characterized Plo's style of leadership. I think that really sums it up. He guides you, lets you come to your own realizations by asking the right questions, just like he did here with Wolffe. And contrasting that with Skywalker's and Kenobi's styles was great as well. We know more about those two, but putting Plo in their company, shows that, although a bit more mysterious, his style is just as good. And this is such a wonderfully caring moment. Plo is not overly affectionate with his men, just like Wolffe, but he clearly cares and this is a great instance of when General and Commander, step into a relationship that is more that of an older male giving advice to a younger. Plo is and always will be a mentor, I guess. He's just great at that. Adding the little flashbacks is also a great devise for showing just how well Plo manages to help Wolffe see events from a different perspective, to see more of Ava's point of view.

*Sigh* But although he might understand, poor Wolffe still has a broken heart. Though he might not want to admit it. It's so hard for him to separate the man from the soldier, because for Wolffe, I guess, he's only known the soldier part of him, or at least, has known it longer.
Count Mallet chapter 11 . 2/28/2013
Interesting... Master Plo recruits Ava to work as an intelligence agent. I can only hope she doesn't try any double crossing now that she's back working for Plo and Wolffe.

After what seemed like a letdown last chapter, this was a very refreshing surprise. Too bad we couldn't have you write the finale for Season 5 of Clone Wars *grin*.

This has been a fun story to read... all the result of a simple challenge, nonetheless.

- Count Mallet -
Count Mallet chapter 10 . 2/28/2013
Aww, Ava left the clones. :-(

Still, it's interesting to see her driving a hard bargain for boots. I can only wonder how much they compare to what I now call Soka boots (knee high with a lot of buckles). Is it wrong i got a chuckle about her slipping them on?

I wonder if the merchant will activate the ring-communicator and send Wolffe and company on a wild goose chase.

I can only hope whatever path she chooses, she can put her past behind her.
Phoenix's Heartbeat chapter 11 . 2/27/2013
XD I LOVE THIS STORY! I'm suppose to be sleeping. But I started to read this, Id lay down, the think, CRAP I must finish reading this!

impoeia chapter 9 . 2/25/2013
I think, that of all the possible reasons why Ava would have left Wolffe, you picked the best one. Her analysis of their relationship - one of passion - is rather accurate. While both have come to appreciate some of the better qualities in each other, the foundation was still passion. Not a bad thing, necessarily, but not always the stuff of a lasting relationship. I also think that Ava is rather right with what might happen after the Triumphant. Although Wolffe has the very best of intentions, there would always be this debt between them and considering their positions in life, slaves by any other name, that would put on a strain on their relationship and create a sort of power basis between them. Like Ava said, she would owe Wolffe everything, including her heart and soul. Also, over time, I could imagine that Wolffe would begin to wonder whether or not Ava only stayed with him out of gratitude.

Poor North, he is going to catch hell from Wolffe for this and it is not exactly Ava's best moment, but ultimately, I think her actions are for the best. If she manages to build a life for herself on her own and the two of them meet again at a later time, then they will be on equal footing. I need to read the rest of the chapters. I am curious to see how this will play out.

Also, loved the workers observations about the clones. It shows how little some Republic worlds are affected by the war and how the general population sees the clones. That at the end, the two parties are comfortable enough to talk to each other was nice. Two groups of the marginalized coming together. I guess they do have a lot in common. Sort of.

As usual, wonderfully written and imagined.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »