Reviews for The Campione of Heroes
Parks98 chapter 2 . 3/5
So shirou has Gil's personality in a fight
Parks98 chapter 1 . 3/4
So instead of heavens feel we have the UBW route
someone chapter 7 . 2/19
Love the story. Please don't let the story die!
Guest chapter 7 . 11/25/2014
nice
EternityDragon2610 chapter 7 . 11/21/2014
Im in a hurry so i don't really have time to give a full review, just know that your story has been excellent so far and I hope that you can update soon.
Different chapter 7 . 9/2/2014
I liked that your story didn't have Shirou with GOB. It's quite frankly unoriginal by this point with some other stories doing the same thing and I can respect that as I feel like it would be disrespecting GOB by adding it as then you would have to significantly weaken many of the original NP's to make the story stay balanced which would upset fans(especially when considering that Fate's Gaia and grail system is no longer reducing a NP's power) and with it having approximately infinite treasures against practically everything and higher rank then copies, it would be close to impossible to write an interesting fight and you're not aiming for that kind of story. Thus, I agree on Shirou not getting GOB and instead should get other Authorities over time instead.
That, and since Gilgamesh became a Heretic God, it would be a waste not to bring in real legends that Gilgamesh had like with the Bull of Heaven and Gilgamesh's strength. It was more original to have him fighting with Authorities then simply giving him Ea, the GOB, etc... especially when Shirou's compatibility/personality conficts with Gilgamesh drastically.
In fact, Gilgamesh acting differently in the first chapter(Fate Gilgamesh despised the Gods and would never accept being one) showed that he had already become the Heretic God Gilgamesh and thus not Fate Stay Gilgamesh. I liked how you limited the Authorities Shirou had as he got several which increases the limitations(Godou with his 10 which was stated to be weaker then if he only had obtained one, John Smith's authorities, some of Alec's like his regular lightning, Voban with his eyes that don't work on those with high MR like Campiones, etc...) I like that you're not making Campione out to be super-powerful when they're not but still being strong.
Critique chapter 7 . 9/1/2014
Wow, I don't know whether to be angry at how grossly you misinterpreted Authorities vs NP in this fight or how apparently Prana burst is a regular Leap in this world when Leap doesn't even come close to being the same thing. This is wanking Campione to the extreme and I refuse to read something that downplays the Nasuverse and then decides to make the Campiones/Heretic Gods all-powerful beings. You know what? Your story reminds me of a similar crappy Naruto-crossover that believes the Boar would be a match for Kurama just because it's an authority. I could barely stomach the Gawain battle with how inaccurate/poorly researched his abilities were and this chapter cemented things even further. Even then you failed at making Shirou with UBW credible and all I got was he pathetically weaker then every Campione as even Godou would have had a better showing then that.
The one minor redeeming point in both is how the protagonists were balanced to not giving them everything as it's impossible for that to happen and limiting the authorities. Still, the way you throw out ranks like A and higher Noble Phantasms and then saying they don't compare to Authorities shows how little you understand about Fate mechanics and the ranking system. It's not like an Authority doesn't have limits as the Alec example you used did one thing and it took a long time to set up. That, and not all of them are made equal. So what, if you can't define ranking for some Authorities? By that logic, you couldn't define God Hand, Gae Bolg, etc... or anything else from noble phantasms either as how you can quantify those things in numbers. You know what? I can go on for a long time about how flawed this story is. This is your AU so write whatever you want, but it doesn't change the fact this is garbage.
BlueHedge chapter 7 . 8/31/2014
To be honest, I appreciate the fact that you haven't given Shirou GOB and I'm hoping it stays that way. Shirou already has his own armory so that should be used instead of becoming the next proto-gilgamesh and ruining the story. That and overpowering Gods would be boring anyways.
There are already other fanfics that give him that and while I don't really enjoy Noble Phantasms being inherently weaker then Authorities like some others mentioned, I'm not entirely too disgruntled about it either despite my disagreement on authorities being better then noble phantasms as I believe both of them are the same with it being described as myths and legends and NP being crystallized mysteries.
Tethriot chapter 7 . 8/7/2014
This is one of the better FSN crossfics I've seen so far. What I like about it is the fact that you it goes of on it's own tangent while retaining the essence of the Campione universe. The only thing that confuses me is that Shirou is the SIXTH campione, which would mean that another is not supposed to exist. Still, it is very good and I hope you can complete this.
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 3 . 7/27/2014
why doesn't Shirou have the Authority Gate of Babylon? i would expect that would be one of his Authorities so why you cut it out?
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 2 . 7/27/2014
oh yes, i like Shiroe when he in battle much more than his normal pathetic self ... nice chapter
YuukiAsuna-Chan chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
damn, he is going to have his Hero complex isn't he? *sigh*
GGFBank chapter 7 . 7/23/2014
Arghhhhhh. Give me the next episode! this story is very good!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/22/2014
Your story had so much potential until you made agiro start acting like gilgamesh
GGFBank chapter 2 . 7/22/2014
what...? Shirou with AUO's personality? damn hilarious!