Reviews for Somewhere In Between
Ai Mamoru chapter 36 . 3/23
Yay, I've made it to (and through) the last update. Such a pity it ended without a tiny little bit of closure. I hoped that Elise would tell Squall about the Sorceress and Knight think at least. I'm pretty sure you would have ended this last chapter on a happier note, if you did know it would be the last in four years by now. It's a pity, but you never know what life will through at you that suddenly makes a mere hobby lose its importance.

The title of the chapter is the first story of Ashbear I've written a review for, telling how difficult it is. And here I'm spamming you with massive texts. I've also read "Dancing in Time" and "Endless Waltz" and have to confess, I'd like the two more than this story. Reason is, there's much more harmony there. The struggles didn't stall over tons of chapters, and Squall and Rinoa really talk to each other. I think, I made it pretty clear what didn't sit well with me in this story. I'm not a big fan of drama, and that's what's this story is about. The characters handle all that drama in a fashion that really rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, it's really realistic and totally understandable, but I like issues being solved not worsend and stalled. BUT and that's important, I liked the story enough not to give up on it, and I'm pretty fast abandoning stories which are bad. The writing style is very good, you always make sure, that I know, what the characters are thinking and feeling, which makes it very easy to feel for them. All their decisions are understandable, but sadly frustrating nonetheless ;)

I really hope to see this story completed one day, you know, see the tormented characters receive their well deserved happiness ;)
And even though I got really worked up over the story, I still thank you very very much for writing and sharing it!
Ai Mamoru chapter 33 . 3/23
Really, when I have to read "he/ she deserves more/better/..." and there's nothing they could offer, I'm going to scream. All that self-loathing. There's no need for that, they are so lovable. In my opinion the potential partner should decide, if one is worth or not.
Ai Mamoru chapter 32 . 3/23
That was tragic. Why didn't he say, he'll come back? Why are the two thinking, the other one would be better off without him/her? Yeah, sure, because they weren't honest with each other or spoke about it. It's seriously pissing me off.

*sigh* But only four more chapter and I'm forced to take a (supposedly long) break from this emotional rollercoaster. Not sure if I should be happy or devastated about that.
Ai Mamoru chapter 31 . 3/23
Elise is a really great, strong woman. I'm really sorry for her. She don't deserve this. I can really understand Rinoa's and Squall's guilt. But they should soon conclude that both of them can not lead a happy life without the other or voice it. You know, being selfish sometimes isn't selfish at all ;)
Please let then stay together!
Ai Mamoru chapter 30 . 3/23
Thanks for the progress. I really enjoyed the honesty between those two. But of course you had to add the last paragraph. But, well, at least they forge ahead. I feels like we are on the up :)
Ai Mamoru chapter 29 . 3/23
You present us with a kiss? o.O Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please ensure that everything's going to be better as of now. At least for them. Poor Elise won't get a happy ending. She really deserved to be loved, such a great woman! Her fate's just not with Squall.
Ai Mamoru chapter 28 . 3/23
Wow. Wasn't expecting that. Now, isn't he the sweetest guy ever? :) Dance and solve your problems afterwards, okay?
Ai Mamoru chapter 26 . 3/23
A light dawned on my while reading the first part of the chapter. Until now I've just accepted Squall's clinging to Rinoa/ the past as something, well, the plot called for. They supposed to be together, of course he could never let go of her, right? I didn't make the conection to him being a knight. That being the reason is pure genius. Of course, if your mystically connected to another being with a bond human minds can't comprehend, you will never overcome the agony of this person taken away from you. Like I've said: genius. Why haven't I thought about this earlier? It makes so much sense.

The eating scene was great. Made me smile a lot and even got me burst out laughing. I love Rinoa like that! Like Squall she shouldn't be weight down by all the crap. They should talk to each other openly, make up and live happily ever after, right? :)
Ai Mamoru chapter 25 . 3/23
Okay, confess: You actually aiming for your readers getting utterly frustrated, aren't you? ;) You deliberately defer the real reunion.

Still weeping for Squall. Come on, mend his wounds already!
Ai Mamoru chapter 23 . 3/23
BE HONEST! Damn it.
Did I ever mention, how frustrating that all is? ;) Being all-knowing is such a curse in this situation. Gets me all worked up.
Ai Mamoru chapter 22 . 3/23
A hug, a hug, you made them hug. Thank the gods, thank you! I needed that, they needed that. Thank you! Please let everything get better after this, don't make them suffer more. It's so painful to read. Oh please, get well, be well. I don't wanny see this tiny little happiness be destroyed.
Ai Mamoru chapter 21 . 3/23
Yeah, like I predicted. The two are busy maintaining their walls, so they don't have to be honest, because if they would, they would end up happy. There's no strenght in that!

My heart's with Squall. Poor poor guy. Sure, Rinoa's miserable too. But she was the one taking the first step leading them apart. Squall had no say in that. And that's just totally unfair. Damn you Rinoa! (still love you girl :) )
Ai Mamoru chapter 19 . 3/23
Well, this wasn't bad. Actually, it was pretty good besides the last sentence. But I guess the title says it all "calm before the storm". I can't shake the feeling of an inmpending catastrophe.
Ai Mamoru chapter 18 . 3/22
Well, I most definitely didn't expect their long awaited meeting to go THIS way. All the drama, all the misunderstandings. It's so frustrating. And I bet neither of them will be honest, because their are too scared of being hurt, because they think, they know what's true and best, but they don't have a clue AT ALL. It's so stereotypical. I feel like I'm reading the old schmaltzy books from my mom again, which annoyed me to death in the end, because every story worked the same, namely going downhill somewhere because the protagonist just couldn't be honest with each other. Everyone thought they had to protect themselves and couldn't show their real emotions. This bearing is so very understandable: I didn't wanna get hurt either. But being the all-knowing reader I am, I wanna rip my hair out seeing this behaviour, because I KNOW it's all so wrong. AHHH, it's so frustrating. Why do you do this? I'm in desperate need of an embrace between those two, even a hug would do. Let them be brave, let them be honest, let them be happy. But of course you won't do this, all for drama. Drama, drama, drama. It's so annoying and frustrating. I can't stand getting thrown reality in my face like this. Where's the happily ever after I long for? Please make sure it's at the end at least ;)
Guess I need another break before I'm able to bear what you gonna do to them in the next chapter. I'm desperately hoping that I'm totally wrong with my assumptions. Hope dies last. But I'm so very convinced, it will die.
Ai Mamoru chapter 14 . 3/22
Oh fine, another misunderstanding. I really can picture both of you put your heads together and discuss how you can make your characters suffer even more. Has anybody ever told you, that what you do is really cruel? ;)
1,668 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »