Reviews for Somewhere In Between
kar00 chapter 33 . 7/21/2007
GOSH YOU ARE AN AMAZING AUTHOR.

This story made me cry my eyes out-and it's not even completed yet! I seriously hope you'll update soon because I just bought a new box of tissues and they're ready to go.

*sniff*
kar00 chapter 29 . 7/21/2007
OH MY FREAKING GOSH. THIS CHAPTER MADE ME CRY.

This story is absolutely beautiful! *sobs* It's so touching! Everything is written perfectly! BRAVO!
Squalleternally chapter 33 . 7/20/2007
Hi Hi Ladies. great chapter, im eagerly awaiting the next one. im awestruck as ive read everything you two put on here. this story just gets better and better. ill keep eagerly awaiting and i promise ill review every single one from now on, admittedly ive been lazy in that respect. but no more. well gotta go! *Waves* Keep it up.
fgshdasfadssdfsghjkk chapter 33 . 7/6/2007
I don't think I ever actually reviewed this story...! *gasp!* Well, I guess I am now!

When I stumbled upon this fanfiction, I was a bit intimidated to see it had 33 chapters. But I read it anyway, figuring, "hey, at least I have something to do and there is PLENTY of material for me to read". Oh, how I never expected to fall madly in love with Squall and Rinoa even more than I already was :D :D :D

Everything about this fanfiction is so wonderful and so real, so very real. A lot of Squall's character is highlighted in here, from his struggle to deal with himself on a day-to-day basis to finally reuniting with Rinoa and ultimately leaving her again much to his displeasure. It also shows potential confusion on Rinoa's part as to his feelings for her. We, the gamers, obviously know how loved her based on his actions during the game up until Esthar and her sealing, particularly his thoughts on the Ragnarok when he's contemplating whether or not he's going to let her go.

One thing I particularly liked was the connection between Rinoa's and Squall's therapy sessions, how they both said the same exact thing. The point, yes, but it just struck me and stuck with me. I also liked Rinoa's recovery process with Laguna and Quistis and, of course, crazy Maude and adorable Esperanza.

And now the thing that's been eating away at me: The Elise Factor.

Whether or not she's here to be the character we all love to hate isn't clear to me, but that's okay. Yes, she loves Squall and would do anything for him and to protect him, but I have to agree with Dr. Stevens and Dr. Kadowaki and whoever else told advised her against digging into the therapy sessions and Rinoa's medical history. Okay, so she's trying to "save" Squall, but honestly: who is she REALLY doing this for? Squall? Or herself? It seems to me that she's more so trying to silence her OWN demons and trying to make sense of all this for HER benefit, so SHE doesn't have to wonder just what the hell is going on for HER sake rather than the man she alegdedly "loves". I'm not too sure on Elise's real goal here, and to me, she just seems like a driving force in Squall's worsening depression. Yes, we all know it's hard to "play second to a ghost", but if she loved him nearly as much as she says she does, couldn't she just TRY? Okay, so she's been dealing with this for the past three or four years AND they're engaged to get married, BUT STILL. Of all people, Elise should know how hard this is on him, how deeply "failure" has been carved into his conscience, and how it's impossible to convince him that it ISN'T his fault, that it was Rinoa's choice. But it just seems that she doesn't realize this. Or perhaps I'm just biased against her because she isn't Rinoa. Who knows? Anyway...

Another thing that really got me was Squall's reaction when he saw his ring was no longer around Rinoa's neck. The emotion was there, completely raw and believeable, not half-baked and overly dramatic. Okay, so he TECHINCALLY didn't give to her, but he INSISTED that she keep it right before she was sealed after they landed and got off the Ragnarok (which was just so adorable).

In addition, the quality of writing both of you have done on this story is phenomenal, truly it is :D :D :D And also the consistency of it. Nothing conflicts with anything that has been previously established, and I certainly see that a lot in other fanfictions. A lot of references to the beginning that has certainly been forgotten by many a reader are made, and it really brings everything full circle.

Anyway, to sum everything up, I realy like this story as do many other readers, and am not surprised nor shocked by the towering number of reviews. This story most certainly deserves every one of them. And, as are many others, I impatiently await another chapter :D

Keep up the great work!

../Nikki 2 :D

Save the Onions!
opheliamlet chapter 33 . 7/3/2007
You are torturing me.

AGHFKJSDJKS this is the sound of my heart breaking.
Kentai chapter 33 . 6/17/2007
Another wonderful(Tear jerking, sad and lonely) chapter. So much emotion crammed into each chapter. It's amazing how you two do it.

It feels wrong watching Squall getting further from Rinoa. And everytime she thinks or says that it's best for him I catch myself arguing with my computer. (Hope the neighbors can't hear me)

This is such a powerful and moving story. I find myself wishing I were one of the characters so I could do something about their situation. Which means you two are doing an amazing job writing this story. I always get excited when I see that there's an update. Thank you very much. I look forward to the next chapter as always.
Cypher chapter 33 . 6/13/2007
amazing. yalls abilities to capture emotion and evoke it are beyond wow.

now how about another chp please
misfire chapter 33 . 6/3/2007
this was such a wonderful update, thank you so so so much. it was another heart wrenching chapter. i love how you portray every character, but you already know that.

laguna's pain with the upcoming face off with squall. i have to say, i love how you portray laguna. he's such a wonderful character and so endearing. hell all of them are, but i understand how worried he is.

and damnit, i hope you update soon... i don't want rinoa to have to see squall marry someone else. but this story is absolutely beautiful.
Sierra J chapter 33 . 6/3/2007
Finally an update! I had almost forgot about this. I'm so glad you two are still working on it, it is truly an emotional piece. I love the way you show the inner struggles of both of them. I just wish one of them would smarten up and say their true feelings. I hope after all of this the ending will turn out happy. I think they have earned it. Don't take so long with the next chapter please!
TripleC Squared chapter 33 . 6/2/2007
This is what you give us after months of waiting! Ah! More supence! Turn back Squall, turn back now! I want you to turn around and go back to your lady love! Ger, silly Squall, leaving her behind. Silly Rin letting him! Go after him! Go, go quickly! Hurry! More soon, I want them to find eachother again. I must say that the image of Rin putting on his shirt is very poinent to me. I have kidnapped numorus shirts from my boyfriend to wear and be remineded of him when he is far away. I like this tory so much and want to see more!
WarShadow chapter 33 . 5/31/2007
Nice to see that you ladies are still writing this story. It was a nice chapter, a little short after such a long wait, but stil a nice chapter. Hope to see a new update soon as I am very curious as to how this story will be resloving itself.
Rosa Heartlily chapter 33 . 5/29/2007
Everyone is so sad! You have to make this turn out right - and soon!
Ojuuh chapter 33 . 5/28/2007
This is one of the saddest stories that I have ever read. I was listening to 'Roses and Wine' of the FF8 soundtrack whilst reading this chapter and I my eyes were about to burst with tears. This story is utterly amazing. Please update it when you get a chance. :)
Hassun chapter 33 . 5/28/2007
Another chapter at last! Sadly it ended way to soon...

I need more of this beautiful misery you two are selling!
Wild Angel Billie chapter 33 . 5/26/2007
I really wish would you update more often. This story is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to see how everything turns out, I can only hope that everything turns out for the best. Update soon, please! Great story!
1,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »