Reviews for Somewhere In Between
Ai Mamoru chapter 14 . 3/22/2014
Oh fine, another misunderstanding. I really can picture both of you put your heads together and discuss how you can make your characters suffer even more. Has anybody ever told you, that what you do is really cruel? ;)
Ai Mamoru chapter 13 . 3/22/2014
I'm an advocate for new beginnings and leaving the past behind, because you have to move forward. But it really annoys me to read about it in this context. I'm convinced, for those two, their future is in the past ;) Oh I can't stand misunderstandings. But they are the scourge of mankind, because nobody really talks to each other :/
I don't like that Rinoa gave back Squall's ring. It's not leaving the past behind, but trying to make that past vanish. That's not a good thing.
Ai Mamoru chapter 12 . 3/22/2014
Giving me a few hours to cool down before picking up the story again, was a good idea. Since I know, that the encounter is many chapters away, and joy even more, all the tension doesn't stress me out this much anymore. Although I'm still totally displeased with the setting. But Edea's line about the bond between Squall and Rinoa gave me a little reward for bearing with it ;) I'm just wondering when this particular connection was made, because the oath/ becoming the knight occured after Rinoa was saved. Which reminds me, I really liked it, that you let Rinoa save Squall after Ultimecias defeat, even though she shouldn't be able to. But I guess, it's the bond. Hooray for unbreakable bonds :) \o/
Ai Mamoru chapter 11 . 3/21/2014
Oh wow, really, I don't know what I should do. I love Rinoa and Squall. They're my most favorite Final Fantasy couple of all time and it just kills me to see them suffer so much. I know, I totally understand, writing about all smiles and roses will get boring with time and so very redundant, but I always have the naive hope and expectation that fictionals couples will be literally happily ever after. I still think they will, because, it's fiction. They don't have to overcome struggles or wordly problems. They don't have to live our pretty hard life. After the credits they won't ever have to overcome sorrow again. I simply can't understand how an author could set my favorite couple in such a heartbreaking plot. Well my minds understands, but my hearts weeps and weeps. Ironically that's a very good feature of the story and let's me see that the writer know one's craft. At least I'm reading stories for the emotions they invoke in me. And even though the setting kills me, it's better than feeling nothing at all. I still prefer being filled with happiness, warmth and giddiness.
Because I'm at the end of chapter 11 and there's still no sign of Rinoa and Squall meeting each other in sight, I took a peek at the reviews, to see if I could make out how long I have to wait till the big encounter. And what I saw left me rolling my eyes. It seems you are determined to build mountains of struggle higher than Himalaya for them to overcome, till they finally becoming happy together again (you are going to make them happy in the end, right?). And while in real life all that drama isn't unlikely at all, somehow I totally can't stand it in fiction. It's like "Don't we have enough of that crap in real life, do we really have to experience it in fiction too?" So I suddenly lost steam. It's like climbing a steep mountain. You know, you will be utterly pleased when reaching the peak, but you climb and climb and can't seem to come nearer to your destination even one bit. Suspense and excitment keeps you going, and I can assure you, the story most definitely isn't lacking in this department ;) , but somehow it seems to kill me, because there's no time to relax, no little triumphs on the way. I'm still longing for that utterly pleasure that lies ahead, but I'm not sure I can hang on till the end because I can't recharge my batteries, the way is just too long and no resting place. Don't get me wrong, I really value the overcoming-struggles-element in fictions, your hard times are just a bit to lengthy for my taste.
But even though, up til know the review was critical in a pretty non-pleasureable way. I still think it's a great story (at least til chapter 11, I haven't read further ;) ) The idea is really creative, the feelings intense, the writing without complaints and the story believeable (pretty sure there a even more positve things to say, but they don't want to come to mind this minute ). I just don't like seeing my favorite couple being miseralbe through such a long time/ so many chapters.
I hope to see it completed someday, you know, to experience the utterly pleasure ;) But first I have to find a way to fight through the rest of the chapters, because if I understood everything correctly even til chapter 21 (I only peeked til there) there will be no joy for the couple. Maybe reading only one chapter a day or week will do the trick? But one thing's for sure, I won't give up on this story :)

Thanks for writing!
Sheena468 chapter 36 . 12/18/2013
I love this story ! Really, it's great !
I discoreved it with the French translation of chrisVIII and I wanted to know the next. So I began the original story.

Your story is so touching and sad ! I love Squall and Rinoa and it's so difficult to see how they suffer ! And Elise ! I love too. I could hate her because... well she's not Rinoa. But she's so incredible and strong, it's hum... great. Sorry, my English vocabulary is pretty small...

I know this story is on break for a long time. I think understand that you had some problems. I hope that all be allrignt and that this story will finish one day.

Thanks a lot for this story !
Sheena.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/13/2013
I'm still waiting and hoping one day this is finished. as i never forgot it and check here and there.. i wonder how many of you out there are waiting like me. Epic though. truly amazing writing. that always keeps me coming back to check.
River Leonhart chapter 36 . 10/18/2013
This had me in tears again last night and I was only skimming bits. Damn its magic!

(I want to try drawing the kiss sometime when I have the skill for it and I was looking through for details on clothes and the changes to the pub.) I love Elise too and hope things work out for her in the end. (Been trying to draw her too...random!)
beautifuldisaster993 chapter 36 . 8/13/2013
Aggghhhh your stories always pull at my heart, like you really know how to pull the angst factor T.T I just want then to be together again! I really hope you finish this one too. You're just so damn good. It's not fair!
Kyoui-san chapter 36 . 6/26/2013
No matter how many times I read this story I always end up, crying or laughing or feeling my heart soar for these characters. You have a true gift and I can't wait to read more.
ForbiddenCorvus chapter 36 . 11/29/2012
So I forgot my login information, I hurried to make a new one. After your last update in 2009, I didn't check back as often as I used to. To be honest, it has probably been about 2 years since I last checked back. So on this fine day, I decided to check if you updated, and YOU DID! It's 2012, I am pretty sure I found this and read around the time it started, (I was 11!). I recently turned 22, and I now have a beautiful daughter who is about to turn 4 months on the 19th of December. What I am trying to get at is that you have written one of the finest pieces of work that no matter how much time passes, it will always remain in my heart and memory. Maybe that's putting it too high on a pedestal to some people, but I truly mean it. This story has touched my heart and I always love re-reading it, as the emotions always return. I will remain a loyal reader, as I also need to catch up with After the Fall. Please do not let this go unfinished! I don't care how many years pass! I am too attached to this story AND Final Fantasy VIII.
Twin-Lance chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
Despite the other reviews saying this hasn't been updated in a while, I had to start reading this. I haven't seen a story with this plot well, ever. You guys have already made me cry in the first chapter and I'm sure it'll happen again. Just as soon as I finish reviewing the rest of the WIB stories I'll devote my time to this one.
Kintora chapter 36 . 2/24/2012
Aw, I know it's been a while since you last updated, but I just wanted to let you know I've been following this story for many years now since I enjoy it so much. Granted, I hate seeing my favorite characters in pain... Hell, I even feel deeply for Elise, since she's anything but antagonistic despite being Rinoa's "love rival." Your portrayal of these characters are very realistic, sometimes it really plucks at my heart strings to see them beating themselves up. I'm would love to see a resolution somewhere soon down the road. I hope you will continue this story, but not feel any pressure to finish it for the sake of finishing it.

Anyway, great job so far. I really can't wait to see how Rinoa and Squall will make it back into each other's arms again. :)
Pockybandits89 chapter 36 . 2/17/2012
Please update!

Do you know how many times you've made me cry? What a fun way to spend Valentine's week.

Poor Rinoa, poor Squall. I want to hate him for moving on, for having Elise but knowing about his self-destruction... I can't.

And Rinoa... I think she was like 16 when she met Squall. I doubt she's had any serious, intimate relationships. I bet it was her need to rebel against her father that made her associate with Seifer.
Veronica chapter 36 . 1/15/2012
Un-updated since 2008...I think I'm going to die ç_ç
Hope chapter 36 . 12/30/2011
There are incredible few stories that I ever review for but if I do, you know that the particular story would have to be outstanding -and yours is just that. After receiving well over a hundred reviews on the first two chapters of one of my own stories, I have not touched it since 2007 but am looking to continue writing again just for my readers. It seems that since my hiatus, life has become so much more busier going to a very renowned university and obtaining a career. However, I have found the motivation to write again from reading stories as remarkable as yours in order to obtain some sort of inspiration. I can only hope that you will also do the same for your fans and continue with your story.
1,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »