Reviews for Somewhere In Between
chrisVIII chapter 36 . 8/14/2008
ah, honestly, I have mixed feeling about this chapter...

First, I'm glad you're not giving up, but I know you won't so I don't worry to much, still, it's nice to read you still enjoy writing it :)

Second, hm... the chapter has a slight taste of "unfinished". I mean, usually, your chapters work as a unit, it really brings somewhere and we can notice a progression. Here, I don't really have the impression we moved from the previous situation. Yes things happen, yes, things are said but it's still not enough to really mark an evolution.

however, what is written is as usual very well written, the words are precise and the reading fluid, it's a pleasure :)

I'm now wondering what the Linoa's trip will look like: she and Maude ? can't she tell Maude she needs to do this alone ? Oh, I found Maude very helpfull and wise in a certain measure but here she interfering with Rinoa's business and I'm surprized Rinoa is allowing it...

We can feel the end is drawing near and with that the tension is increasing, I wish the story would speed up a bit, because I have so no idea how it's going to end ! I can only see a dramatic ending... but the characters deserve a happy end so I trust you to find what will be best :)

I hope next time we'll be in Esthar and the truth will be revealed, I'm wondering how everyone will react and how much will be told, who's going to tell Squall about the sorceress/knight connection ? Elise, Cid or Edea ? there are so many questions that need answers !
jade destiny chapter 36 . 8/13/2008
yay! an update! i was beginning to forget about this story. i cant wait for the next chapter. this one was so powerful. i love the troubled feelings that are going through everyone. it makes the story so much more interesting.
Yarouka chapter 36 . 8/12/2008
YESS! thank you for updating. it made me depressed the whole time that you didn't update... ( please update again soon! this is such a good heartwrenching, romance, drama story! sorta like Crimson Lies.
r chapter 36 . 8/12/2008
Good chapter. Good story.
Liza chapter 36 . 8/12/2008
Their... meeting was pretty lacking I think, but as always your very good descriptively speaking. The story drags, drags, drags... jeez it drags :-(
Hiasha chapter 36 . 8/12/2008
YAY! An update! \o/

Great chapter, as usual, although I like it better when Squall and Rinoa are together. (well duh, who doesn't?)

Anyway, have you noticed that it's been 6 years since you published this story? Sometimes I can't believe I still get so excited when you update your fics... it's been so long, and I still feel the same about your stories, and about the game. (well, I don't really have the same free time to play it over again and I have given up on the idea that there is a guy like Squall out there, but still... well, you know...)

I listed some of your stories on "My Favorite Books" on my Orkut profile, and some people ask me who is that writer named "Ashbear" - lol. But well... that's how I always felt about your stories: great stories and great books, never just fan fictions.

Take care!

Love,

Lucy (Hiasha)
Dream-Silver-Haze chapter 22 . 7/18/2008
oh yay! I finally found this story again. I read part of it on another site for FFVI fanfics and became absolutely obsessed over it only the other site only had up to chapter 21... I'm so glad I found it again!

Your writing blows me away!

I love it!

Please continue to write always!
Some Person chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Come onn...PLEASE! I am begging you for an update! For any progress! PLEEAASSE!

From the very first chapter I was hooked, and it's torturing me not to read this, and I know it's MY fault that I decided to not read this through, but I REALLY don't want to be left at a cliffhanger when it comes down to it.

*shifty eyes* I wasn't kidding about that harassing thing. _
Azurite chapter 35 . 4/27/2008
Gah, as if one great, lengthy story by Ashbear wasn't enough, now she's teamed up with Wayward, and I'm tempted to say this collaborative effort is even BETTER! Well, any way you dice it, this is quite the angst rollercoaster. I'm absolutely loving the drama intermixed with the romance (tragic as it is at this point), and your characterization (considering the situation) is spot-on! It's kind of scary to think the world can be so afraid of someone like Rinoa, sorceress or not... I'm wondering if it's at all possible for her to ever have a normal life? I mean, the way things are in this fic, it seems like news that she's alive and wandering around would cause chaos, and then what could she (or anyone) possibly say or do to convince others that she's not out to start another war, or that she wouldn't someday?

Ah, the suspense, it's killing me! You've also done a great job with Elise. My compliments to any writer who can pull off a recurring OC without turning them into a Sue that you're either supposed to adore and sympathize with (and therefore hate Rinoa) or hate completely just on the virtue of her existence. But with everything you've had her say and do (and I suppose what's also been said and done TO her) makes me sympathize with her and appreciate her as an original character.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this- though it's been more than 3 months since the last update! Ah, real life, how it sucks when it gets in the way of great fic! :D Looking forward to more!
Some Person chapter 3 . 4/13/2008
You know what? I'm was going to continue reading, but I thought that I'd rather wait for you to finish this because I'd rather read straight through until the end rather than read and read and then get cut off when I have delved too deep into the story...so ya' two know what I'm gonna do? O: I'm gonna harass you to start finishing this O: And I'm gonna pimp this to all my FFVI/Squinoa loving friends so MORE people can harass you (insert "MWUAHAHAHAHA D" here) nah just kidding about those last two statements. but I am going to stop reading and wait until you're done. By the way, I love your stories "Weathering the Storm" (did I get the title right?) and "Dancing in Time." Very well written and very beautiful story, the both of them. Now I'm going to wait on this awesomely beautiful story so you'd better make sure you finish it. Or else I WILL start harassing you to the point of stalker-ing. D
LostSentiment chapter 35 . 3/26/2008
Easily one of my favorite fanfictions in existence, period. PLEASE continue, I beg of you. The wait for these chapters has been painful.
xSummonerYunax chapter 35 . 3/21/2008
I am so excited to see what's in store for this fic. The story is amazing so far, and of course, the characters, which you have practically brought to life. Keep up the amazing work you two! There aren't many promising Squall/Rinoa fics out there anymore, but you two never seem to let the fans down!
Hikari chapter 35 . 2/28/2008
another wonderful chapter. keep updating :D
TripleC Squared chapter 35 . 2/26/2008
Gah...Poor Squall and Rin...I feel so bad for them, but at least they are meeting in the realm of dreams. Cid needs to explain what is going on! Squall is going to make himself go nuts! Great chapters, can't wait for more
i-sell-booze-to-kids chapter 35 . 2/25/2008
Absolutely fantastic! This is such a great story, I can't wait for the next chapter!
1,684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »