Reviews for Change of Engagement
EmD23 chapter 12 . 8/19
Finally caught up.

So while reading, I noticed that you questioned why SEES and the P4 gang didn't lose control of their Personas. That's something that's actually addressed in Persona 1 and Persona 2.

Toro in Persona 1 loses control of his Persona because his sense of self isn't strong enough to tame his own Shadow. Strega's Personas were forcibly awakened. They never tamed anything, never accepted their Shadows, so their Shadows continuously tried to kill them. It might just be that SHinjiro had issues we never saw.

It might also be that Strega was the result of a modified version of the Shadow experiment in P2. In P2 Kei Nanjo confiscates some research about forcefully implanting someone with someone else's Shadow/Persona, which turned them into demons. The Kirijo Group did break off from the Nanjo group, and the event of P2 happen like a year before the Shadow incident (and in fact P2 explains why Kouetsu's experiment picked up speed around that time. Igor says Shadows are crossing over in greater numbers due to the events of P2).

I guess my only point of contention with the story is Elizabeth's explanation of summoning Personas without Evokers. Elizabeth mentions there's a 'risk' to doing so without an Evoker but the only people who do so and cry out in pain and Takaya (and Adachi). Cases of forced awakening.

The casts of P1 and P2 can summon their Personas with no channel. No Evoker, tarot card or mask. But even ignoring them, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Fuuka all learn to summon their Personas with no side-effects by the time of P4A, so I guess her explanation confused me, since she didn't qualify it by saying that there's an inherent risk "if you don't have full control of your Shadow."
Genesic Savior chapter 12 . 6/3
I'M CAUGHT UP! NOOOOOOOOOO! Now I have to wait like everybody else!

Anyway, in all seriousness, I've loved this so far. I was kind of hoping that Shinji would live (a la P3P, perhaps), but what must be must be. I really liked the confrontation of Ken here. I just finished replaying through this section of the game, and I've always thought that Akihiko giving him a slap on the wrist and a Persona-rousing speech was a very... forgiving for an attempted murder-suicide of your best friend. That no one else so much as batted an eyelash was even more confusing. So, I'm glad he actually had to suffer consequences. Finally: I thought this while they were meeting with Igor and Elizabeth last chapter, but I think it's interesting that the other characters are meeting the Protagonist Aids (as I will dub them). It makes them feel like they have bigger impacts than they did in the game proper. Overall, I've loved what you've done with this story so far, and I'm anxiously awaiting what comes next.
Genesic Savior chapter 9 . 5/30
I've been playing catch-up, but I thought I'd pause for a moment here and review. To be extremely simple: I'm loving this story so far. I'm actually replaying Persona 3 as I read this, so it's interesting to see what's different (and extremely easy to fill in what few scenes are skipped over). So far, I liked your take on Minato's sea of Personas. In the games, you never actually question whether Personas have sentience very often, so this was an interesting take. Speaking of interesting, I enjoyed the Koromaru segment last chapter. Seeing the world through the eyes of a dog was a different, yet enjoyable, experience. I'm going to sound like a broken record when I say that I love the fact that Strega is actually doing stuff now, and I'm glad it's not all just sunshine and rainbows for everybody. Now, onto this chapter: firstly, I never thought I would ever associate "Mitsuru" and "adorable." Now, I do. For some reason, I thought her rambling was really cute (so much of a break from her usual character and all). I also like how Junpei actually got kidnapped instead of Chidori just bringing him to the roof of the dorm (seriously, how did nobody notice that?). And Chidori being mortally terrified of Minato is going to be an interesting point to see you play with.

Overall, loving what you've done so far, looking forward to catching up with the last three chapters, and can't wait for your next post!
flyboy179 chapter 12 . 5/27
Caught up and waiting for next bit to come in. Feels like Berserk.
Greyjedi449t chapter 12 . 5/19
Looking forward to see what will happen next chapter :)
witchofdathomir chapter 4 . 5/7
Reread. The sparring match was so sexy. I love the way you describe appearances.
Wow 25k word great job on this little monster!
Fuck you. Update this gem.
witchofdathomir chapter 12 . 4/25
I go thru 12 chapters of yours and well... what a ride. Your Minato seems to be a ok MC, but I think he treated Aigis and Ken too harsh. I guess they are just not your favorite characters? The fluff is reasonable enough and not as OOC or cringe as the other fics I've read. Also, kudos to you for sticking with this fic for so long (4 years?) and I cant wait to see what you will do with the game's events. Keep up the good work!
witchofdathomir chapter 10 . 4/24
You seems to hate robots. Your treatment of Aigis and Metis sour my experiencem, make me unable to enjoy your works as much as i want to. But this fanfic of yours is pretty solid writing, please keep it updated !
witchofdathomir chapter 5 . 4/24
Steady story so far, but I dislike the way you treated Aigis. Keep it up!
Reginleif2004 chapter 12 . 4/20
Mitsuru's is fairly obvious (in my opinion). She's a massive daddy's girl, and on top of that she's a Persona user, so "Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection" is not only something personal to her, it also describes the duality of using a Persona. Yeah, to me she's crafty like that.

On the other hand, maybe it's so obvious she won't use it.
Yourpoet chapter 12 . 4/13
I kind of disliked Arisato here.I think that he judged Ken a bit tooharshly and was a bit too cold towards is just a ten year old little kid, and was has to keep in mind, not everyone is sodetached and logical as he is;and in fact, despite his almighty talk he himself is he wasnt, he would be dead already, and would have failed to protect separating from his teamhe putthe rest into danger in order to save one, and if he wasnt special he would have been ambushed and killed . Its easy to talk to others aboutwhat is wrong, but to not do the wrong thng is the real deal.

Shitis about to hitthe fan m8.I have a questions: will you follow the ending of the game? Will it be as sad?
Buttsong chapter 11 . 4/12
Sappy

Great, great, great, i only felt a little tiny bit lost - was it mid evening, late evening or past midnight at the end? Thats
Geraze90 chapter 12 . 4/1
Amazing! The best Persona 3 fict I've ever read and the tension whooo I can't handle it lol
You make it more interesting than it was on the game. I've never bothered to watch the anime so I don't know anything about it lol. What happened to Shinjirou was tragic enough when it's on the game but somehow you make it more ... I don't know what's the word to describe it, pardon my english. Wew the feels... what you did to Ken was harsh but it will make what happens to his character more interesting unlike on the game lol
Well I can't wait to see next chapter ;)