Reviews for Change of Engagement
Genesic Savior chapter 13 . 3/13
Because I didn't say this two months ago, welcome back! I wanted to reread the story in celebration of the new chapter, and... it took me a while.

Liked this chapter, as I did all of them so far. Rolling off of last chapter, I like how you're handling everyone's reactions to Shinji's death instead of Ken and Akihiko going "I'm sad. Now I'm better! Friendship and determination! BAM, new Persona!" I think my favorite scene might be the talk between Abe and Ikeda, actually. It's nice to know that, even within the Kirijo Group, there are people who aren't just sitting on their hands and following orders. I also liked how you actually acknowledged the origin of Nemesis instead of just breezing past it like Persona tends to do. Close second goes to The scene with the lovely couple. One of my favorite parts of a story are well-written characters, and when two characters can interact in a story like people instead of a long string of "Fluff! Explosions! Braaaah!", I find it a really enjoyable read. Anyway, I should probably stop talking now, so great work, and I'm looking forward to next time.
Myalko chapter 13 . 2/25
I absolutely love this story, as well as Continuance. You're one of the best fanfic writers out there, without a doubt. The quality of your fics is through the roof, and in a lot of ways I could see them as being official canon. Keep up the good work; it's always worth the wait.
Winter Arctica chapter 13 . 1/30
Wow gotta love it when you randomly think of this story, check it out and days later it's updated. Awesome, should do that more often and wow now we're going into darker waters, already like how this is a different setting than where you're at after shinji dies (people realistically coping with an awesome character).
flyboy179 chapter 13 . 1/28
I was a bit vague. I ment like Berserk in that you catch up on a really good read and then waiting for the next bit to come out.
Umbradominus19 chapter 13 . 1/28
Alright, its great to see this again!

A lot of great stuff with this chapter. Some standout sections for me were Minato helping Mitsuru grieving (I've always been drawn to scenes of emotional release, and I think you nailed how Mitsuru would act in this kind of situation. Plus, Minato was able to get some pretty sweet lines in as well, despite their near-intentional cheesiness. Though also, rather heartbreaking due to knowledge of events that will most likely occur.), Junpei getting worn down by Chidori (Every time Junpei's anger flared up, I could feel its impact along with its underlying anguish. Not to mention, it was unsettling in the best of ways to get a deeper look at Chidori's psychopathy, and I'm curious as to how that standpoint will possibly shift when certain developments arise) and Ken's struggle to become stable again (His inner-monologues and interactions with the Kirijo workers as to how little Ken understands the bigger picture and not knowing how to go about helping himself through his extreme trauma was damn near soul-rending to read. Also, that cliff hanger has got me curious).

As for something that I'm personally looking forward to (and this might be kind of specific), I'm interested in how Minato's first and possible subsequent summon(s) of Thanatos is going to play out. With this story's narrative structure and with how events are seeming to play out with Aigis, I think it would be really interesting to see the different aspects of the Persona's reappearance (what Minato felt while using Thanatos, SEES' reaction to it and it's abilities, maybe even a possible look through its viewpoint if it had one). Then again, this is all just conjecture as I don't know if you even have anything big planned with that (unless you'd be able to tell us some details that won't spoil too much for future chapters, *wink wink, nudge nudge*).

Regardless, fantastic work as always. Looking forward to future installments.
Mr. Haziq chapter 13 . 1/27
No. Who would want to go back to normality when you've experience fantasy?
Biblio388 chapter 11 . 10/17/2017
I like it all. You have done an outstanding job of writing this story. All the aspects of a great story are included and you make the interactions something to look forward to all on their own.
Biblio388 chapter 1 . 9/29/2017
Intriguing start. Don't know jack about P3 or really any Persona based media. Never really found them, have heard good things but haven't gotten the conviction to buy them yet. Might have to if you continue to make this sound so good.
EmD23 chapter 12 . 8/19/2017
Finally caught up.

So while reading, I noticed that you questioned why SEES and the P4 gang didn't lose control of their Personas. That's something that's actually addressed in Persona 1 and Persona 2.

Toro in Persona 1 loses control of his Persona because his sense of self isn't strong enough to tame his own Shadow. Strega's Personas were forcibly awakened. They never tamed anything, never accepted their Shadows, so their Shadows continuously tried to kill them. It might just be that SHinjiro had issues we never saw.

It might also be that Strega was the result of a modified version of the Shadow experiment in P2. In P2 Kei Nanjo confiscates some research about forcefully implanting someone with someone else's Shadow/Persona, which turned them into demons. The Kirijo Group did break off from the Nanjo group, and the event of P2 happen like a year before the Shadow incident (and in fact P2 explains why Kouetsu's experiment picked up speed around that time. Igor says Shadows are crossing over in greater numbers due to the events of P2).

I guess my only point of contention with the story is Elizabeth's explanation of summoning Personas without Evokers. Elizabeth mentions there's a 'risk' to doing so without an Evoker but the only people who do so and cry out in pain and Takaya (and Adachi). Cases of forced awakening.

The casts of P1 and P2 can summon their Personas with no channel. No Evoker, tarot card or mask. But even ignoring them, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Fuuka all learn to summon their Personas with no side-effects by the time of P4A, so I guess her explanation confused me, since she didn't qualify it by saying that there's an inherent risk "if you don't have full control of your Shadow."
Genesic Savior chapter 12 . 6/3/2017
I'M CAUGHT UP! NOOOOOOOOOO! Now I have to wait like everybody else!

Anyway, in all seriousness, I've loved this so far. I was kind of hoping that Shinji would live (a la P3P, perhaps), but what must be must be. I really liked the confrontation of Ken here. I just finished replaying through this section of the game, and I've always thought that Akihiko giving him a slap on the wrist and a Persona-rousing speech was a very... forgiving for an attempted murder-suicide of your best friend. That no one else so much as batted an eyelash was even more confusing. So, I'm glad he actually had to suffer consequences. Finally: I thought this while they were meeting with Igor and Elizabeth last chapter, but I think it's interesting that the other characters are meeting the Protagonist Aids (as I will dub them). It makes them feel like they have bigger impacts than they did in the game proper. Overall, I've loved what you've done with this story so far, and I'm anxiously awaiting what comes next.
Genesic Savior chapter 9 . 5/30/2017
I've been playing catch-up, but I thought I'd pause for a moment here and review. To be extremely simple: I'm loving this story so far. I'm actually replaying Persona 3 as I read this, so it's interesting to see what's different (and extremely easy to fill in what few scenes are skipped over). So far, I liked your take on Minato's sea of Personas. In the games, you never actually question whether Personas have sentience very often, so this was an interesting take. Speaking of interesting, I enjoyed the Koromaru segment last chapter. Seeing the world through the eyes of a dog was a different, yet enjoyable, experience. I'm going to sound like a broken record when I say that I love the fact that Strega is actually doing stuff now, and I'm glad it's not all just sunshine and rainbows for everybody. Now, onto this chapter: firstly, I never thought I would ever associate "Mitsuru" and "adorable." Now, I do. For some reason, I thought her rambling was really cute (so much of a break from her usual character and all). I also like how Junpei actually got kidnapped instead of Chidori just bringing him to the roof of the dorm (seriously, how did nobody notice that?). And Chidori being mortally terrified of Minato is going to be an interesting point to see you play with.

Overall, loving what you've done so far, looking forward to catching up with the last three chapters, and can't wait for your next post!
flyboy179 chapter 12 . 5/27/2017
Caught up and waiting for next bit to come in. Feels like Berserk.
Greyjedi449t chapter 12 . 5/19/2017
Looking forward to see what will happen next chapter :)
witchofdathomir chapter 4 . 5/7/2017
Reread. The sparring match was so sexy. I love the way you describe appearances.
Guest chapter 12 . 5/5/2017
Wow 25k word great job on this little monster!