Reviews for The Fading Sun
101tangerines chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
And I'm still misty-eyed after I've finished your story. Thanks for sharing, you write beautifully and totally captured Thane's character.
Osage chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Poor Thane :( and poor, Shep. This is heavy pain for someone who is trying to reunite the galaxy, I'm surprised they chose to kill a love interest this way. But I suppose love on borrowed time is better than none at all.

I also love how you mention Kaidan's relationship. The description of coming back to life was funny, and the way you resolved what they had was a class act. Love your writing Ori-bee!
Inkess chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Wow, this fic has reminded me why I loved Thane more than Garrus in ME2 (yes, yes, I was a traitor back then! :D). THIS is what should have been in the game after that hospital scene. You captured Thane so perfectly... That philosophic side of his personality, mixed with passion... Mmmm. You even made me laugh couple of times (Shep tripping due to having sex with him :D), which only made the sad parts hurt more.

And ow, the ending. I sniffled. Damn onion ninjas. So beautifull. I especially loved when Shepard stroked the screen.

Great job!
JaliceAZ chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
moving, thankyou
Lady Amiee chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
Oh god Ori. I came to read and review some of your work to cheer you up and because I adore both you and your writing style. But I find myself weeping, this is one of the most beautifully written one shots I have ever read. I would die for your talent for emotion and poetic heart you pour into each piece. You have so much talent, so amazing a gift that I am awed by you. This is amazing bee, I just love it. Amazing and awe inspiring.
Palaven Blues chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
This is just amazing. So beautiful.
Princeps Invidia chapter 1 . 2/13/2013
Hauntingly beautiful. I have no other words.
Kryn143 chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Finally someone filled in the brief time Bio ignored when they first saw each other at the waiting room the first time & she said she had sometime. Great moment in time.
riane chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Heartwrenching! What a beautiful one-shot. Thank you.
LilVy chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
This was incredibly beautiful. I'm also one of those that felt completely cheated by Thane being tossed out like so much garbage by EA/BioWare. I can't seem to get enough of stories that involve him and Shepard and most of the ones I read become my own headcannon as well.

I love how you started with her moving slowly through the dark hospital corridor, counting doors. And their time together, though there was passion, there was desperate tenderness, as well. I also love the intimacy that he was writing her his last letter while she was there sleeping. Somehow that makes it even more precious than it was before, if that is even possible.

My heart thanks you for this wonderful story.
DragonWyrd chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Outside of a couple of friends, I normally cringe when reading Thane based fics just because of how the writer seemed to handle his character, or the way they had him interact with a Shepard who was his love interest. Reading this story was an amazing breath of fresh air and you made me fall in love with his character all over again. You have a beautiful way with words. Thank you for writing this.
Luxuria Infinitas chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
Omg i'm crying. this was too beautiful and tragic!
millsenberry chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
This is beautiful! Excuse me while I go cry!
Ryoko Metallium chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and crying like never before. Practically any story I read nowadays that involve Thane will make me, and this one is no exception. I found it beautifully written and wishing that it was in the game. Great work! Hoping to see more stories about Thane soon.
Ferawyn chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
This actually made me tear up, and I don't even play Mass Effect (I did Wiki the characters, though). Bravo! Beautiful writing as always!